It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon's Age from Origins - For FREE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know that Origins is offering Dragon Age: Origin for completely free instead of having to pay $19.99 for it.

They are doing this to promote their release of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

All you have to do is create an account with Origins (completely free to do so), and you can down load it for free and play it. They are also offering Bejeweled 3 for free too.

Here's the link to Origin in case anyone is interested (I've never gotten around to playing it myself, but hey, free game sounds good to me!):

Origin Account Creation

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

well that was easy enough.

Thanks for the tip.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.
Destiny has been a bit discouraging. So much that I was about to crawl back to Dota2. I'm gladly going to check this out, thanks again.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
AWESOMESAUCE!!!

Thank you for the heads up erik! Dragon Age: Origins is definitely on my favorite games list. I'm downloading Origin now.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Very cool thanks 4 the info.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I wonder if it's because Origin has recently come under suspicion for acting as a sort of spyware again. A few years ago, it was noted that Origin was actually scanning files on users' pcs and well, that wasn't taken too well. Flash forward to this summer and the controversy about Origin got renewed back up again via reddit:
www.reddit.com...

Now according to this article, it probably isn't. Probably. However, as the reddit discussion shows, a lot of gamers have lost a lot of faith in EA. A few have gone so far as to figure out how to crack EA games so that they are playable without Origin running in the background. I'm on the fence about it as I'm not a tech guru but seeing them offer up Dragon Age for free if you download Origin seems rather coincidental. Trust us--look here! free game!

www.lazygamer.net...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Wow.

LOL.

I'm not saying a damn thing but .......ha ha.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: boogeywoogey

Wow.

LOL.

I'm not saying a damn thing but .......ha ha.

You just said quite a few things so not sure how to take your response. I figured letting people know that EA's Origin has recently come up again on suspicion of being spyware is the courteous thing to do. One of my friends who informed me of it is a software engineer in the Silicon Valley and he found it "odd".

PS. This is a subforum of a conspiracy forum so welcome to the Origin = spyware conspiracy for gamers.
edit on 8/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sorry I'm new.

edit on 8-10-2014 by boogeywoogey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: boogeywoogey
Sorry I'm new.

Welcome to ATS.
Don't mind me. Sick and grumpy today.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Good Lord! I almost downloaded it.

Yer a gem, you know that? Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thankfully, DA:I is supposed to playable without needing to have origin open. You need it to set your world state.

But, I gave up and let origin into my life long ago. I just make sure it's only open when I'm playing something off of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on the free game!

I use Origin to play Battlefield 4 on the PC. I don't think it's spyware. If they are scanning files it's to make sure none of their game files are tampered with and to make sure you aren't cheating online in their games!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I remember playing both games in the Dragon Age series , i did like the micro squad managment system and the ability to pauze the combat and assign actions to my party members

From what i can remember ( sorry played thousands of games after Doom saw the light ) the story line was pretty good with lots of dialogues if you are into that stuff.

Another classic game i want to recommend is Deus Ex , a FPS tactical shooter with sandbox elements in terms of combat and overall story development , It is all about conspiracies so i geuss most of you know it already

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

You're welcome and thanks.
I have a lot of friends that work in Silicon Valley, including in the gaming industry, so credit goes to them for giving me--a comparable tech nub--a head's up.

Glad to help. Like I said, on the fence but the release of free games if you download Origin is really very curious timing. I don't use Origin and I am actually a pretty hardcore gamer. They lost me as a consumer entirely in 2011 with their first controversy. The latest one is starkly reminiscent of that 2011 controversy. EA claims that Origin is not spyware but its competitor, Steam, hasn't had that kind of controversy erupt yet.

www.pcgamer.com...

a reply to: ketsuko

lol that's how I am with Steam. They got me... :cue Western high noon scene:
edit on 8/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added second reply

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

I know BioWare uses the connection through Origin to collect statistics on the outcomes of their games, but you can disable that tracking function in the options if you don't want them datamining while you play.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I noticed this is also free on the playstation store too

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Dragon Age origins is a good game, the second dragon age sucked though. But some people still liked it. I played it years ago when it came out on the PS3, so spyware was the last thing on my mind. Not sure about the whole spyware thing, wouldn't surprise me especially looking at the website link, I may download it anyways just for kicks, but then again I beat that game twice with different characters years ago when it came out...So I think I will pass on it, free, spyware or no spyware, been there done that.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
And even with all that tracking, the second game sucked, and most of there games need a revamp and rethink. But hopefully they gathered enough data to make Dragon Age Inquisition a kick ass game, so far of what I seen of it. It has promise, but so did a lot of games which came out these past months.

If they want to get statistics on how good there games do or how to make them sell more, how about the simple fact that certain games dont sell because...Well it does not matter why they dont sell, just don't do it again. Simple right! No need for data mining, when you got something called common sense and the ability to put 2 and 2 together. A chat board on there games will find more data, do's and dont's on things, then all the tracking software in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A classic!

Already own it, but good find!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join