It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters warn, ‘Don’t come to Ferguson if you aren’t ready to die’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
twitchy.com...

Missouri officials are reportedly planning for possible riots if a Ferguson police officer is not indicted in the death of an 18-year-old African-American.

And it’s not just authorities who are preparing for the worst. Here’s The Guardian’s Jon Swaine reporting from a New York City rally protesting Brown’s death where those in attendance were told that if you’re planning on coming to Ferguson to help protest Brown’s death, “Don’t come to Ferguson if you aren’t ready to die. Stay at home, as it could happen.”

It looks like they are preparing for war. Things are getting freaky weird.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It will be "war" if no indictment.

The inciters and provocateurs are making "arrangements" as we speak.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
On one hand it just sounds like some hot-headed fool talking trash, but on the other it's possible that the people may finally snap. Guess I can't blame them.

Is this what it's going to take to get people to take notice? Do we need a large violent outburst to get the attention of the authorities and send the message "We're not going to take it anymore"?

I'll be watching this closely.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Would I be considered an A hole if I asked "How many of these "protesters" have jobs?" ? I mean seriously how do they have this much time?
Is the government sending unemployment aid so they can protest? Because I work and I work so much I can't imagine going to the street for this crusade and still being able to feed my family for what the last two months?

I mean its for a cause. One I am on the fence on... but I just don't see how they do it.

S&F

edit on 8-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: last sentence

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Rev Al is sittin at home, laughin his ass of and drooling at the thought of riots in Furguson. You can just imagine him rubbing his hands together and saying [ raspy evil croak ] "Yes, yes, it's all coming together".
Probably while on the phone to Holder.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

What does the job thing have to do with it?
Who cares if they do or don't have a job.
No one knows if it's the same people or different people every day.
This " if they had a job this wouldn't be happening" stuff I'd getting old.
Just cause you can't find time in your life to stand up to something you believe in doesn't mean others can't.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Would I be considered an A hole if I asked "How many of these "protesters" have jobs?" ? I mean seriously how do they have this much time?
Is the government sending unemployment aid so they can protest? Because I work and I work so much I can't imagine going to the street for this crusade and still being able to feed my family for what the last two months?

I mean its for a cause. One I am on the fence on... but I just don't see how they do it.

S&F

I have a job. A demanding job at that, and I find the time to participate in things I believe in. If there is a will, there's a way.

If this was your community and you believed in the cause, would you just sit idly by?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

S&F

I have a job. A demanding job at that, and I find the time to participate in things I believe in. If there is a will, there's a way.

If this was your community and you believed in the cause, would you just sit idly by?

I get 7 days off at a time and actually almost flew to chicago to take part with a gf there a month back. But the people on the news protesting are the same people there for months being interviewed and organizing things. Some of them are pretty young. So I just wonder how in the hell they pull off this feat.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If it's anything like the OWS protests, they are paid by someone or some group to be professional protesters. But I believe the majority are just regular people that feel there has been an injustice.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

you know how i would solve this problem....."ladies and gentlemen....there has been some ebola located in ferguson.." everyone would stay home

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
They will be too busy dealing with ebola to riot.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I hope they do riot and burn their homes down and wreak their cars and such.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Its called sacrifice,and someone gotta do it....
People on Ats always complaining that the masses just bend over and take it deep but when finally some decide that enough is enough,these people are called unemployed...I guess all the people that participated at the protests in Egypt,Tunisia,Ukraine and Hong Kong are also unemployed....smh

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry to ask, but everybody knows I'm Mr. Confusion, someone who has difficulty with basic concepts.

Posters are talking about "causes," and "things you believe in," but those terms confuse me. Is the "cause" and "thing" you're talking about; "Justice," "Fairness," "Anti-racism," or what? OK, let's settle on Justice for now.

I remember "Justice for Trayvon" signs. What, specifically, were they asking for? Actual justice? A going through the legal proceedings to determine guilt and innocence? Perhaps, they were they trying to intimidate a future jury pool? What actual thing or event, were they all shouting about? Not some abstraction like "Justice." Crowds weren't being generated to ask for fair discovery rules or a proper voir dire of the jury.

Now what about Ferguson? What do the protesters actually want? Don't say "Justice" unless that has some meaning, and not just an abstract noun. Do they want free range looting options? Do they want the death of the officer? Do they want the entire police force to be fired and replaced with people the protesters want? Do they want to be bought off?

Which of those goals justify threatening people with death if they come to Ferguson? How does breaking up a symphony performance in St. Louis further these goals?

Or, most frightening of all to me, are they just saying I'm mad and I don't have to restrain myself? I can attack anyone or anything I want. Anything my wild spirit wants to do is justified because some one of the same color died from a policeman's bullets.

A poster suggested that there will be war if the officer isn't indicted. If that's true, that tells us something. It says that the protesters have no interest in justice at all. They do believe in fear, threats, and intimidation. This sounds very much like a lynch mob.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

It says that the protesters have no interest in justice at all.

That's appears to be true of many of them as they have clearly stated "the officer must be indited for murder or all hell will break lose".

Many residents idea of justice is guilty regardless.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Dear roadgravel,

I agree, and that is a sad thing. The Ferguson episode could have been the trigger for a "All right everybody, enough is enough. Let's sit down and figure this thing out, and I don't care if somebody's feelings are hurt, as long as we come up with some answers." meeting.

I may be wrong, but I really do think that closing the divide between Whites and Blacks, Heck, between everybody and everybody else, is possible.

But how do you sit down with someone who says, "If I don't get what I want, you'll all die?" (Or in the immortal words of Achmed the dead terrorist, I keeel you.)

So, next question. How do we get Blacks, or anyone else in this unusual country, to trust the legal system. Certainly statistics and reports won't do it. They have to see it, or hear it from whomever their "leaders" are. Well, we certainly can't count on some of the leaders. Farrakhan has probably created more misery in the United States with his words than anyone who isn't a politician.

How do Blacks see that the system goes after Whites, too? Whites get arrested in their neighborhoods, which most Blacks don't spend a lot of time in, or in their offices, ditto.

I just don't know the answers, but I think I have some useful questions.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Some good points. Something needs to be resolved.

But EVERYONE must see their own part in the mess and be willing to change it. Own it.

edit on 10/8/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

so your point is if they had jobs they would be too busy to bother protesting ?....society is designed so that we have no time to look at the big picture ...we are so busy in the day to day,working raising kids etc we just let this kinda of thing slide......

people from all walks of life are waking up to this enslavement...most are still in a daze wondering wtf is going on...these people are the some of the first to stand up and say "enough is enough"

so the answer to your question is they do not have jobs if they did they would not be on the street protesting...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

So, next question. How do we get Blacks, or anyone else in this unusual country, to trust the legal system.

a good place to start would be to have a trustworthy legal system....take away the "for profit" part....have LE that "protects and serves" as opposed to" punishes and collects"

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I haven't heard from people in New York but from people that live in Ferguson and from family that know people in Ferguson.

What you describe is accurate.

The good, the bad the ugly, whether they burn there own neighborhoods down or take the fight to areas they have been targeting recently. They have had enough of being targeted for arrest, harassment, imprisonment, and murder.

It is what it is.

Oh its not just Ferguson.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join