It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Check: Your loved one has ebola...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I just wanted to throw this out as a topic of conversation... Hypothetically, your loved one (immediate relative, partner, friend, child, etc.) has contracted ebola. No specifics of how far along the illness is, or anything, but regardless, do YOU visit them? Just give them a call? Wait until they're in some sealed environment, that is IF they do. Wait until you have some super suit to defend you? ETC...

I probably won't be moderating this thread too much, if someone wants to take it over. I just figured it'd be an interesting thread.

To answer my own question: I'd probably just call them, if possible, but I'm also sure there're more passionate people, with closer people, than I.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Simply put, i'd wish them a fond farewell and light them up with a flamethrower, Alien-style.

Totally not taking any chances, and besides, he'd like to go out that way

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If it was my mum I would want to be with her but would be scared of putting myself at risk because I am a mother to 7 year old boy. My mum would probably tell me to stay away.

If it was my child I would be with him wouldnt have to think about it and if possible I would hold him, cuddle him and do everything in my power to comfort him regardless of the risk to my own health.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's easy to say no problem, I'd give them the biggest hug because I love them so much, when it's hypothetical. Believe me, this is a crazy thread to start.

When reality kicks in and blood is pouring out of every orifice and your loved one is thrashing about in a fevered agony, then let us know.

We hear about it, we talk about it, but until you experience it first hand, you don't have a clue.

I have to include myself in this because I haven't experienced it. I must say, I am not overly keen to experience it either.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh
I don't know if fire would be my choice, but to each, their own, I suppose. heh.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Yeah... I'm with ya on most parts, but I don't know if my mom could convince me, or try hard enough to convince me, to stay away... I a "mum's boy." Hypothetically, IF I had a child, I'd like (and dislike) to think I'd be by their side the whole way, too.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yeah... I would WANT to hug them, but I honestly would probably stop short... If I can use my past as a reference, I'm a pretty cautious person.

I do know I wouldn't want to experience it, either, but if I did catch it, hopefully, it'd be a fast end...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Before I had a child I would have wanted to be with my mum as extremely close she is my best friend. However since having my child he comes even before my mum if push comes to shove and I think probably that is the way it should be. As much as I still need the protection and security of my mum my need to protect my child is a greater need. I know being close with your mum you probably cant imagine feeling a stronger love for anyone else but believe me if one day you have a child you will understand. a reply to: japhrimu

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Chances are if they have it so would I, toddlers like to share fluids. My husband might be on his own if the kids didn't have it, but I would stay by all of their sides until the end. I would have nothing without my family.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

I share your somber thoughts.

If my children contracted it I would take precautions but wouldn't leave their side for a second. I would jump in front of a moving vehicle to save them, even take a bullet, it's no different.
The rest of my family would see me but behind glass or plastic, again for the same reasons - my kids.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Exactly how I feel. I think in most true mothers would literally die for their children. If anything happened to my little boy I would want tto go with him. On a brighter note lets hope all countries wake up now and get on top of this dreadful illness. Uk has been lucky so far but I have a feeling not for much longer.a reply to: woodsmom

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

Hypothetically, your loved one (immediate relative, partner, friend, child, etc.) has contracted ebola. No specifics of how far along the illness is, or anything, but regardless, do YOU visit them?

If the hospital they were staying at allowed visitation, yes I'd visit everyday. If a loved one had Ebola they'd most likely be in an isolation or quarantined room, visitation would be safe.

Just give them a call? Wait until they're in some sealed environment, that is IF they do. Wait until you have some super suit to defend you? ETC...

I would call them along with visiting them because the hospital would probably have them in an isolation/quarantine room. I doubt any hospital would allow visitation if it required someone to wear a special suit.

Also, just curious...why make a thread if you don't even plan on being involved with it?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

It's a scary thought. There really is no other outcome though, regardless of the circumstances. I would gear up and volunteer at the hospital if necessary. I couldn't leave them to a bear in the berry patch to my own detriment if needed, and I couldn't let them suffer alone.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Let's just hope we never have to endure that, it's my biggest fear to date.

I've seen the helplessness in others during situations such as this, I see myself as a strong person but I wonder if anyone could be that strong. I'm not sure I would make it through with my sanity left intact.

new topics

top topics

join