It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dude, Youve Got To Read This.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Starting his research in 1993, a linguist from the University of Pittsburgh has recently published a paper on the meaning of the word "dude". Usually considered a slang word used by the "X-Game" generation only, it turns out that there may actually be a deeper meaning.

www.cnn.com
A linguist from the University of Pittsburgh has published a scholarly paper deconstructing and deciphering the word "dude," contending it is much more than a catchall for lazy, inarticulate surfers, skaters, slackers and teenagers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Personally, I have used the word "Dude" since my High School days WAAAAAAY back when. When my hair was quite long, and when I was singing in a band, I wanted to be Robert Plant. It's refreshing to note that not everyone takes themselves so seriously. Go get 'em Dude!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Dude!

Actually, Dude, I'm moving your message away from terror analysis and over to a better forum... but it's a pretty cool article, anyway. Linguistic studies like this both amuse and fascinate me.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Dude!

Actually, Dude, I'm moving your message away from terror analysis and over to a better forum... but it's a pretty cool article, anyway. Linguistic studies like this both amuse and fascinate me.

Dude, that's cool stuff! Thanks for the kind words.

It fascinates me as well.
Keep cool dude!

join