It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Live stream Frisco - KDFW

link

edit on 8-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
NEWS REPORTING - Confirmed, the patients who were in the waiting room with this Deputy Sherif at the clinic were allowed to GO HOME.

How can they not do simple maths?

This is gonna go nuts in a densely populated modern city, another case and one that they didn't even consider a threat and where NOT * monitoring.. i am sure deep down they are trying their best and truly believe they have this under control with all the advanced knowledge we possess
but jeez .. maybe be more realistic with people and tell them to prepare slightly for the inevitable lock-down and curfew that must ensue in the worst case scenario.

getting scary now

Q
edit on 8/10/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

We arent that lucky, Des..of course, thats probably where those thousand doses of Zmapp went.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

OMG, you have got to be kidding me!? So, they let all those people go home, infect their families and friends possibly, so that they can continue the spread? We are doomed if we dont lock this down tighter and faster than that!
edit on 10-8-2014 by Zona because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
NEWS REPORTING - Confirmed, the patients who were in the waiting room with this Deputy Sherif at the clinic were allowed to GO HOME.

Good grief...

Remember Stephen King's The Stand? The military police guy who escaped a virus-outbreak in California, sped his way to where? Texas! Subsequent military lying, quarantining, and the deaths of most of humanity.

Anyway, that was fiction...letting people go home after such contact is just stupidity.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Be careful, antar... you are making too much sense.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, we all better pray that he doesn't have it and that if he does, he didn't manage to infect anyone sitting close to him.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
texasgirl, please check your messages.

Re that chinook. Or as texasgirls has stated, two chinooks. Odd timing, isn't it?

I wonder what they were bringing in? Or maybe, carrying out?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Had been in the Duncan apartment and in contact with the apartment residents.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow.

They just announce that the CareNow clinic in Frisco where the patient first went, is NOW BACK OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
OMG ... They just confirmed that the Care place that the deputy walked into is now OPEN. That's what the news conference just said. Can that be true? They reopened the Care clinic .... ???? That's what he said.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zona

OMG, you have got to be kidding me!? So, they let all those people go home, infect there families and friends possibly, so that they can continue the spread? We are doomed if we dont lock this down tighter and faster than that!

Wow... I am convinced now, as much as they bragging that they are being cautious, and other... blah blah blah, they are allowing this to happen!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is how I see it
Don't worry until it reaches 30 within a month (this is what I would call the threshold)
If we see 30 infections and it's in your region, question the importance of going out in public and sending your children to school.
If your not prepared for 2 months in your home, or have provisions to leave I would start quietly doing so now.
At 300 i wouldn't leave the neighborhood unprotected, if at all
3000 is when I would expect a breakdown of society
scary times
protect yourself ATS.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They are stating that the Frisco guy did not have contact with Duncan but had contact with the family members and had been inside the apartment.

He is being transported to Texas Health Resources in Dallas.

Why expose another hospital?
edit on 8-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Chief Mark Piland: 48 cases are being monitored, but the deputy wasn't among them.

CNN--live presser

edit on 8-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

And he and the other LE were ordered to go in without any protection:
Latest possible Ebola victim is a sheriff’s deputy who was ordered into Thomas Duncan’s apartment without protective gear

From a report five days ago, linked at the above:

Five Dallas County sheriff’s deputies who were ordered Wednesday to go inside the Dallas apartment where an Ebola patient stayed are now worried about their health.

And the sheriff’s association that represents them is not happy about the department’s lack of preparations and precautions before sending them.

Sgt. Chris Dyer, president of the association, said a lieutenant, sergeant and three deputies went inside the apartment to serve the containment warrant that asked the occupants not to leave. The deputies accompanied the county’s health director, Zachary Thompson, and its medical director, Christopher Perkins, to the apartment, Dyer said.

It then goes on to say:

Sgt. Monnig and the other deputies were not wearing any type of protective gear when they accompanied county health officials into the apartment late Wednesday to issue an order to the people inside, forbidding them from leaving the apartment.

Sgt. Monnig says they were assured by health officials that no one inside the apartment was showing symptoms of Ebola and that the danger was remote.

Note: I don't believe the officer's name has been confirmed yet. But the buzz is he is Sgt Monnig or Monning.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Frisco guy says they have been ready and are on top of it.

You want to believe that one...in connection with the clinic..

edit on 10/8/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

The problem with that is look at what's going on in West Africa. It's been burning there since January. Two months won't see you through like it would with most airborne illnesses.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Let's hope this is just a stomach flu and the deputy doesn't have ebola. If he DOES .. then every possible screwup around him that could possibly happen IS happening. Letting the patients go ... reopen the clinic without a scrub down ... jeeeze .... It's like the monkeys are running the zoo.

They should have closed the clinic and scrubbed it anyways .. just in case and to be safe. It can't hurt. I'm sure it's full of germs anyways.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: texasgirl

Let's wait to find out for sure what the guy has. It very well may be a false alarm. We just don't have enough info yet.

I hope so. But they didn't do press conferences for the other suspected cases, did they? There were dozens of other suspected cases around the country that didn't get this much attention and NO press conference.
edit on 8-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join