It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: Zona
I said in an earlier post that the United States has just as many ignorant, stupid, and careless people as any "Hot Zone" country in Africa. We may think we have a better infrastructure, more advanced health care facilities, better communications...but all of that doesn't matter a damn if the people in charge are stupid and careless, or worse, are lying to the public.

I agree with everything you said! In addition to the ignorant, stupid and careless people, we also have:

- arrogant people - They think they know better, and they are the ones who will think it can not spread here just because we are so much more advanced. They will think they are invincible and "above" it happening to them.

- oblivious people - They may be intelligent, but they just don't want to know. They would rather watch football and discuss who will win on Dancing with the Stars. It seems they almost intentionally try to block out every danger or negative thing, if it interrupts the perfect little false fantasy they have built around themselves. They put their fingers and their ears and sing "lalalalala" if anyone interferes with their dream world.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Hi Jennyfrenzy,

I completely agree. There seems to be a deficit in the W.H.O and other bodies in educating the general population about the infectiousness and seriousness of this outbreak. Then again, how do you inform 1 billion people that if they 'think' they had Ebola they're to forward ring to A&E, the strain on the health service would be enormous - I know it would be here in the UK. Afterall, it is all the blue tape that helps the system flow more controllably.

Even though this would be an ideal strategy to tackle an outbreak becoming an epidemic, how do you stop a virus which is invisible.. AND appearing to be more infectious than first thought. 500 US citizens could carry that virus now and we wouldn't know until in a months time, by then it may have even gone airborne. What do we do, flame the infected areas to recoup the losses?

watch the void guys, and stay safe.

edit on 9/10/2014 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: RockerDom

Oh.. I did not mean that coughing and sneezing are symptoms. I have actually pointed that fact out to others on here a couple5 of times. But people still cough and sneeze sometimes. Allergies, tickles, irritatants, lots of reasons.

But I think surfaces are more dangerous than they are saying. Or else why would they need hazmat suits to clean up after the infected?

I just watched a you tube video about Liberia. It had huge painted signs about the symptoms and one was coughing and one was hiccups. I have a pic of it but don't know how to put it on here.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: L.A.B
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Hi Jennyfrenzy,

I completely agree. There seems to be a deficit in the W.H.O and other bodies in educating the general population about the infectiousness and seriousness of this outbreak. Then again, how do you inform 1 billion people that if they 'think' they had Ebola they're to forward ring to A&E, the strain on the health service would be enormous - I know it would be here in the UK. Afterall, it is all the blue tape that helps the system flow more controllably.

Even though this would be an ideal strategy to tackle an outbreak becoming an epidemic, how do you stop a virus which is invisible.. AND appearing to be more infectious than first thought. 500 US citizens could carry that virus now and we wouldn't know until in a months time, by then it may have even gone airborne. What do we do, flame the infected areas to recoup the losses?

watch the void guys, and stay safe.

I would love to speak with someone in Liberia to get the real answers on whether this is airborne I don't trust the cdc to get the truth, if anyone would know they would.If people are smart they will treat this as an airborne disease.
It sounds like these 3 police officers did not have personal contact with Mr Duncan(god rest his soul and all that has contracted it)nor his body fluids.
I really hope the officers don't have it because if they do Dallas will be the next Liberia

(post by Xaphan removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

Does this mean 'cuz I bleach my hair that I have a better chance of surviving an Ebola pandemic???

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just heard on the radio that the deputy that was taken from the Care Now facility is not showing symptoms, an may not have ebola. I really, really hope not.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
Just heard on the radio that the deputy that was taken from the Care Now facility is not showing symptoms, an may not have ebola. I really, really hope not.

That's wonderful news. I hope to see it confirmed soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
On Fox News, they just reported the deputy tested NEGATIVE for Ebola!!!
Hooray! Now we can take a breather.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I gave you a star, because I hope that was a joke. hah.

edit on 9/10/2014 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Texas health officials say Dallas County deputy has tested negative for Ebola virus - @dallasnews, @FOX4

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update, posted at 4:02 p.m. ET]
Testing of a specimen from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas "is negative for Ebola," the Texas Department of State Health Services said Thursday. The department earlier Thursday said they would be releasing Ebola test results for a Dallas sheriff's deputy.

Breathing a nice sigh of relief.
edit on 9-10-2014 by RockerDom because: added update

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks for the update. Sounds like now they are saying the test came back already negative. I hope that's true, but it hasn't been 48 hours and it's just the first test.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh, thank god!! That's really good news!! Thanks ATS for keeping me calm!

edit on 9-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
On another note: A passenger on a flight from Philadelphia to Dominican Republic jumped up and screamed "I have Ebola!". It caused panic and pandemonium. Turns out the passenger was joking but officials in Hazmat suits came in, anyway. What a totally irresponsible thing to do!!

It's on Fox News but I can't find a link!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So now we not only have criminally negligent health officials constantly dropping the ball on containment, we have criminally STUPID people disrupting air travel.

That's fantastic. Totally restores my shaken faith in human nature.........

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They just interviewed the wife of the Dallas deputy and she said his fever was highest at 101.7 yesterday but now it's gone. And he tested negative for Ebola.

I thought he didn't have a fever?!!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ebola? Goji berries.

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

So now we not only have criminally negligent health officials constantly dropping the ball on containment, we have criminally STUPID people disrupting air travel.

That's fantastic. Totally restores my shaken faith in human nature.........

There's a thread on this now.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

WEll this is outstanding news, I will nominate you for the next Pulitzer Prize.

You should contact all of the Labs in the world and inform them that they no longer need to spend millions on PPE's and can just use bleach! If only Africa had heard this news!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: LDragonFire

When LDragonfire first broke the picture of the Sheriff being taken in the ambulance he asked "Anything wrong with this picture"?

I said:
Yes it looks as if we have a mock evacuation of patient here.

They are doing their damnedest to make everyone who questions this fiasco into paranoid nutcases !!!

Diversion:

Military. a feint intended to draw off attention from the point of main attack.

dictionary.reference.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join