It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart : profit without morals AGAIN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

7 heirs of walmart have more wealth than the poorest 80% of Americans. OUTRAGEOUS!!

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
They are pretty much the last retailer to do it. But telling that doesn't make headlines. Small businesses will survive after they move in but have a higher class of customers.

This 'higher class of customers' you talk about is an ever decreasing minority.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
you taxpayers are paying for these people's employees

Male Cow Fleeces.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Probably a lot of folks here will say I am wrong wrong wrong but here goes...

I've seen the majority of folks here bash the unions. Those damn good paying jobs that provide both health care and pensions.

Also it seems the majority favor the Republicans.

Now wasn't it the Republicans that thought it a good idea to give companies tax breaks to move tmost of our manufacturing overseas to increase profits?
(I seriously wish the democratic party wasn't all for illegals these days)
It seems the perfect Republican mantra to pay people the least amount of money possible to increase profits.

How can you be anti union republican and hate wal mart?

Personally I am a Union sheet metal worker and have never shopped at walmart and try to forbid my children and friends from doing so.

In the end it is hard to say who did what when, but to be a member of the Walton family, knowing how many people dis like your business plan, wouldnt you think they might consider raising wages so their legacy doesnt end up being the downfall of every American small town?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

When you can explain to me why a forklift driver is worth $30/hour with another $30/hour in benefits, I'll change my tune on unions. But I'm afraid that simply knowing how to drive a forklift isn't worth that much money because it's not that rare of a skill. Just about anyone who can learn to drive a car can learn to drive a forklift; it's not a highly specialized skill requiring extra education or anything. So the only reason a forklift drive can make that is because the union forces it.

Unions tend to force artificially inflated labor rates, and then they wonder why their jobs pick up and leave.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'd say it's worth $30/hr when it costs about $30 to feed a family of four. I think an hours worth of work is equal to a family meal for four.

EDIT: Sure, they could eat beans and rice or ramen and eat for maybe $10 -- or left overs...but it's the principle. The cost of living has gone up, prices on everything are higher -- but wages have stagnated. Not everyone can be a manager or CEO. Someone has to drive the forklift.
edit on 8-10-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Warning: Using "Walmart" and "morals" in the same sentence is known to cause Cognitive Dissonance.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yeah but people consistently blame every group in America for its problems but leave corporations and the ultra wealthy alone. The Walton's get richer and richer while their employees get poorer and poorer and many people keep giving them a free pass.

When I have time to make a proper thread I'm gonna show the results of a very interesting new study.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I worked for an airline in the 80's. I knew our days were numbered when the mechanic's union merged with the baggage handler's union. I spent several years and several thousands of dollars to get my mechanic's license and now a person who didn't even have a high school diploma was making the same as I was, just based on how long they they were in the union.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't ever shop at Wal mart. I would go to a dollar store or thrift store before I ever stumble into a wal mart.

Everything about wal mart screams cheap. Labor, quality, dependability, availability, and profitability.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

They are just doing what the Govt has empowered them to do.

A Corporations sole goal is to make and increase profits.

Since the Govt is corrupt to the core, it creates the environment for this crap.

Why wouldn't a Corp take advantage of stuff like welfare to people and businesses.

And just remember, the Govt is still growing and it will only get worse.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You would say what is worth $30 an hour????

Just as you state not everyone can be a manager or CEO.....not everyone is going to make CEO or manager salaries.

$30hr for manual labor with little skill required will bankrupt any company and is poor judgement.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

I've seen the majority of folks here bash the unions. Those damn good paying jobs that provide both health care and pensions.

Yes, I have seen and worked with those people in telecom.

The same drooling idiot that pushes a button on a M3 tester, only to show me the results of a like test where the machine states "pass or fail" and then they move on.

The same window licker that makes $30hr, pays $8hr in union dues, does one job, presses buttons on a machine, works for maybe 5 hours of an 8 hour shift, and who's company offers a Dynamic T1 for $1300 where as the competition which isn't union based offers the same product for $800 and has customers coming to them due to lower rates.

Yeah, Union Workers are great.

The same assclown that tried to run me and my crew off of a cabling job in 2005 because they were taking their 1hr morning break, and we didn't want to stop.

Same clowns that tried to run my FIL off of jobs as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join