It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earliest cave paintings produced by humans Discovered , 40,000 years old

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

Thats the thing about the internet-one cannot hear a poster's voice or see their face so the reader usually wont get the sarcasm.
I began my post with "but, but, but" to show sarcasm, but obviously not many will get it...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Don't sell yourself short... I thought the facetious undertones were plain to see for anyone with eyes. The but but but... was pretty clear cut and didn't need further explanation. Some people look for any excuse to turn so,egging into a debate regarding evolution vs. biblical literalism.
edit on 9-10-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
some of you guys believe that we are a superior being to the ones that were before us. this planet has been around for billions of years and no scientist can tell you that people before you were inferior to you. I bet if i was a betting man that Modern civilization would poop a few bricks if we actually knew what these people did. Civilization rises and falls its like a circle of life. everything has it. You get to a point and civilization collapses cause everyone bickers about something so stupid. We are more intellegent than they give you credit for. Half the land that used to be on the planet is under the ocean where 90% of it we dont even know? everything is a guess on what they did and how it was pulled off.

How do you raise enormous mable stones that today our heaviest machines cant even raise? We are just recreating things they already had.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UDrinktheKoolAid

....snip......

How do you raise enormous mable stones that today our heaviest machines cant even raise? We are just recreating things they already had.

Complete nonsense and an old Sitchin nonfactoid. I would humbly suggest you spend a few minutes on google and see just what weights modern man can move.

In the past the heaviest recorded weight moved by man without mechanical assistance was 1,500 tons.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

They dated calcium deposits from seepage in the cave that grew over the paintings. It's a pretty conclusive method, given that it's hard, even with a spray can, to paint under a 40,000 year old calcium deposit.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

They dated calcium deposits from seepage in the cave that grew over the paintings. It's a pretty conclusive method, given that it's hard, even with a spray can, to paint under a 40,000 year old calcium deposit.

Monger ,
You have brought up something in that statement,
U/T dating is accepted without question in old world archeology, while new world sites dated with the same method are not accepted.
edit on 11-10-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join