It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows
Chopper sent to cruise ship for blood sample on Dallas Healthcare worker. Interesting, they will be back Sunday but felt it needed to send a chopper for a blood sample.....

Chopper Sent For Blood Sample

Hmmm ...between the seemingly overly reactive move to get a blood sample, even though they keep saying the lab tech's 21 day caution period is up tomorrow and she has NO symptoms, some experts saying a 31 day quarantine is more appropriate.....and jadedANDcynical's report that more people than usual are working more hours at Galveston at UTMB with a cloud of secrecy because someone couldn't tell jaded why...I am wondering what news is going to break loose next week after the ship returns to dock tomorrow. The good thing is, if you can count this, is that there are so many people on board, they won't be able to keep the news silenced for long. But then again, maybe my heightened sense of suspicion needs to take a break and get some sleep.
edit on 18-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Chopper sent to cruise ship for blood sample on Dallas Healthcare worker. Interesting, they will be back Sunday but felt it needed to send a chopper for a blood sample.....

Strange. They wanted to evacuate the healthcare worker by air in Belize, but Belize said no. Now they have a helicopter land on the cruise ship just to get a blood sample. If Ebola can't be transmitted when someone is not symptomatic and the healthcare worker is not symptomatic, why not evacuate them in the helicopter?

Someone's not telling us something on this.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
All I can say is that if I was on that party boat I would be running up the tab.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And everyone aboard is so bored, it became a shipboard event:

Search #ebolacruise for more.

I will be keeping an eye on the terminal to see if hazmat crews show up to clean the boat.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

If Ebola can't be transmitted when someone is not symptomatic and the healthcare worker is not symptomatic, why not evacuate them in the helicopter?

This is a great point. In addition, it is my understanding that they cannot test until the person is symptomatic... it won't show up as positive even if they are incubating the virus.

If they COULD get accurate results testing her blood before she is symptomatic, why not draw blood from ALL exposed persons instead of waiting around to see if they come down with symptoms? Why treat her differently than all the others, unless she is indeed symptomatic?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You think that might be so it can dock without spreading fear? I mean who wants a shipload of people who could have ebola let loose?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well I frankly don't know how I go about protecting myself. I'm in Canada, we don't have any cases here yet as far as I know of, but that's besides the point.

Apart from keeping stocked up on the regular SHTF supplies. What else can be done? I'm vigilant as far as washing my hands lots more than usual. Stuff like that. I can only hope its the truth , that it can't be caught passively. If it can thrive in cold temps though.... And doesn't become airborne. I can't put myself in a bubble. I just don't know how to avoid it if it becomes airborne or already is.

I've noticed in squirming a little lately when someone hands me an object. I put it down then wash my hands and count to 20, for the 20 second scrub. Never did that before.

Soon we will have threads on how to best avoid catching it I suppose.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ok, CNN just reported that the ship is now docking in Galveston. They have live coverage of it pulling in.
edit on 19-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
She is negative

Source

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

edit on 19-10-2014 by 2wheelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

As mentioned elsewhere, one of my servers works for Carnival cruise lines, and had a very busy Sunday; today was the first time he has worked here since.

The ship arrived around 3am and the lab supervisor debarked around 4am, the remainder of the passengers were let off after she had been allowed to leave and by 10am the ship had been emptied and ready to recieve passengers starting at noon.

There were a lot of cancellations (the ship sailed with over 100 empty rooms), and the particular cabin the lab supervisor stayed in is blacked out for the next several sailings, purely as a precautionary measure.

The Magic did receive an extra intensive cleaning moreso than is usual, though there were no crews in Hazmat gear.

Carnival (and one other line, at least) has now implemented a formal screening process in response to the situation in the form of a health questionnaire which has several questions geared specifically to Ebola.

He did see one lady who answered one of the questions (Do you feel ill?) in the affirmative who was then pulled aside to a separate area and placed in isolation while a doctor was called to further evaluate this person. My server does not know whether or not this person was cleared after the additional screening.

I will see if he can get a copy of the questionnaire and post here is able.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh, a blank one. NM :-)
edit on 21-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Spoke with a friend today who works down near UTMB and was told that Harborside was closed for transport of Ebola waste while an 18 wheeler was brought in and unloaded.

He said that there were also a couple of helicopters that landed to unload some barrels of waste which were then hauled across the road on handtrucks to the incinerator.

There's that much waste yet to dispose of?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Now that we've had plenty of time to see where this "inside information" went:

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Yes, this is a friend of a friend kind of post. Check my posting history, I don't do these kinds of threads.

If a mod of member I trust wants details, pm me and I will provide.

Source is a nurse who is also a relative of mine, and is currently a patient in a hospital.

There are more lies being told about the case in Dallas than even we have been supposing, including the time of death, contactacts being traced, and people with symptoms beginning to show.

Will update as more information arrives.

MOD EDIT Vetted by Staff as true. Please refrain from antagonizing the member over their source.

The initial post has now been totally falsified. The time of death was correct, and no other people reported the symptoms.

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Trust me, I've railed against all the incarnations of Mr. Schnitzel that have appeared on these boards over the years I've been here.

I will give as many details as I can.

Source is a relative who is a nurse (has been for a long time, and is well versed in this virus in particular) and is a patient in one of the few hospitals in the country that does have the facilities to deal with this virus.

As one can imagine, this topic is on many lips in the hospital.

It is this person's opinion that the virus is, and has been, transmissible prior to onset of symptoms.

That is the bigges lie we are being told.

The second premise of your post has also turned out to be incorrect, as we have seen no other infections besides the medical workers who had direct contact with inappropriate gear on or made some other mistake not necessarily their own fault.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And you have some other inside source? Please share rather than baiting/insulting the OP who has been one of our ATS boots on the ground from the beginning. The OP has made comments and started discussions that we have heard and seen mimicked on msm.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That said, I came rushing on tonight because this crazy infection has come too close for comfort as of tonight, let me explain:

Taking the kids out for Trick or Treating, I ask my ex to come along just hang out and ride with us.

He told me that today while up at the VA in KC, a man comes and sits next to him shoulder to shoulder and then asks if my ex has a pocket knife to which he pulls one out of his pocket and gives it to the guy. The man then rips up the thermometer he was struggling with and tells him that he is a taxi driver and has come into contact with several people that were high risk and is now having to monitor his temp... (he was checking himself in with sickness)

%$#@!!!&^* Great!

What does anyone know about KC?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

One of my personal worst case scenarios, cruise lines, I think of Norvo virus and how contagious and easily picked up and if mixed with ebola, the fastest way to Genetic Armageddon.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
That said, I came rushing on tonight because this crazy infection has come too close for comfort as of tonight, let me explain:

Taking the kids out for Trick or Treating, I ask my ex to come along just hang out and ride with us.

He told me that today while up at the VA in KC, a man comes and sits next to him shoulder to shoulder and then asks if my ex has a pocket knife to which he pulls one out of his pocket and gives it to the guy. The man then rips up the thermometer he was struggling with and tells him that he is a taxi driver and has come into contact with several people that were high risk and is now having to monitor his temp... (he was checking himself in with sickness)

%$#@!!!&^* Great!

What does anyone know about KC?

Ummm wut? you lying dawg

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Wrong thread reply.
edit on pm1031pmFri, 31 Oct 2014 22:35:32 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: nukedog

Wrong thread reply.

What does this even mean??^^

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join