It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hendrick99

Based on?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Now they are recommending quarantining period of 31 days is more appropriate ! Dr. Alexander van Tulleken was saying the data the CDC has been relying on is inadequate, that two days ago a highly regarded paper released from Drexel University shows the incubation touted up until now at 6.2 days is actually 12 days, so a quarantine period of 31 days would be more appropriate.
edit on 17-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue

Yeah, that paper was a pretty good read. It has been noted in previous papers but it was nice to finally get backing from a legit source.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A friend just told me he saw a helicopter land at his local hospital with a hazmat team in Cleveland, TX. I don't think he's bs'ng

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Let us know if you get any further info. Not seeing anything online anywhere yet. Will be curious to see if we hear any news about it. If we do I bet it's the wee hrs of the morning or at dawn like it has been so far.

a reply to: nukedog

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RoseLight

Well we got caught up in a meme war on fb. Probably nothing I hope. I'll ask him for more info though.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Elyria Memorial Hospital.
They said it was a drill
Like · Reply · Just now

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Speckle

[SNIP]

Come on dude....

edit on 18/10/2014 by Gemwolf because: Snipped quote

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

Elyria Memorial Hospital.
They said it was a drill
Like · Reply · Just now

Multiple witnesses now. It landed at McKinley school field next to emh and people with hazmat suits were getting out.

Idk but they are saying it was drills. I'm just curious how our new czar got these people to get their # together over night and start actually preparing. Wait.... No that can't be what's going on lol

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I finally got a chance to talk to my friend who fled with his family from Dallas at length today. Their family has settled in nicely.
His daughter, the ICU nurse at another Dallas hospital, upon learning that an ebola patient had been admitted to Presyby, began to inquire of the staff at her hospital as to how they would handle the folks who worked at multiple facilities. When she didn't get satisfactory answers she inquired of friends who worked at Presby. Her friends told her that the hospital administration seemed far more interested in accommodating the media they knew would show up than instituting bio-hazard protocols. They were not being provided bio-hazard equipment.
Her friend told her that there was one nurse who was former military and was trained in bio-decontamination. She took charge and tried to do the right things and probably saved a lot of the folks there from being infected.
Please keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers and hope for the best possible outcome.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
I don't recall,saying the CDC should be sued. It was you who said the hospital should be sued.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Wasn't sure how else you meant me to take this then:

originally posted by: violet

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: pasiphae

That's exactly what I'm saying. These nurses weren't doing what they were supposed to. They were negligent. This hospital will probably get sued.

Can't sue the hospital.

The negligence is with the CDC allowing him to be treated in a hospital not equipped to deal with ebola.

That seemed to imply you thought it was the CDC who could be sued over this. I misunderstood. Apologies.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
UPDATE

I'm on a little bit of a break right now from work, so I took a drive around the UTMB campus, and passed the cruise ship terminals.

There was not very much extra activity around UTMB that was noticeable, and at the cruise ship terminal there was one news truck that was just atriving from ABC 13; no other activity was present or apparent.

There is a good bit of construction going on on the roads aroubd the UTMB campus and the hospital buildng itself is getting a new facade.

We have been receiving quite a few more large to go orders from UTMB then we usually do, and when I asked was told that there were more people working more hours. I pressed further and was given a peculiar look and the guy said, "I can't say."

Talking more with my nurse relative, they thnk that if wr don't het a handle on this by mid December, it will be time to give serious consideration to what ever protective measures one feels is mecessary for their family.

My finace and I had discussed it betweem ourselves right before the above conversation and had concluded on a similar time frame independantly.

Disclaimer:

This is hearsay, do not do anything you might regret based upon this thread. I pass along the above information only to further discussion.

Remember, I may be telling the truth but I am most likely wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

My feeling is we will see the next annoucement of a new set of positive cases this upcoming week. Another in Texas but I believe there will be another outside the state as well.

I agree it will be December when this really starts to become life altering, people are already starting to alter behaviors it will peak in December when multiple states have cases and sadly the victims don't make it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

My feeling is we will see the next annoucement of a new set of positive cases this upcoming week. Another in Texas but I believe there will be another outside the state as well.

I agree it will be December when this really starts to become life altering, people are already starting to alter behaviors it will peak in December when multiple states have cases and sadly the victims don't make it.

if authorities can keep track of everyone and take action, it should be able to be contained. If the number under surveillance exceeds manpower of local authorities than a containment breach is possible. Manpower is crucial. As proven in Nigeria it can be contained if every hole is plugged and known contacts of infected are watched.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

I agree if we are speaking in regards to just the known cases and contacts in Texas but if we factor in international travel arrivals it still poses a risk of a case outside of the current known situation.

I pray we contain this

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I agree if we are speaking in regards to just the known cases and contacts in Texas but if we factor in international travel arrivals it still poses a risk of a case outside of the current known situation.

I pray we contain this

Problem is flu season may overload surveillance system with false positives.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Chopper sent to cruise ship for blood sample on Dallas Healthcare worker. Interesting, they will be back Sunday but felt it needed to send a chopper for a blood sample.....

Chopper Sent For Blood Sample

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biotech2024

I pray we contain this

Problem is flu season may overload surveillance system with false positives.

It more than likely will.

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join