It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i did watch it live. what a mess.

and there is a second healthcare worker who has tested positive. i imagine there will be a third within a week.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

NO THEY ARE NOT IN CONTROL!! I don't know how else to make it clear.

ALL THE CDC DOES IS RESEARCH!!! They are not in any way over any type of medical operations in the USA...

They create guidelines and procedures. It is up to the medical workers of the USA to follow those guidelines.

Yes, the CDC has access to an amazing facility in ATL where they are headquartered, and they also have access to mobile medical facilities. This does not make them liable for what happened in Dallas...

Your original statement was that the CDC could be sued over this. That is not the case. The CDC has had plenty of information on how to treat Ebola patients for months. Those documents were NOT adhered to in Dallas.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I never saw the Best friend video. I saw the video where they interviewed other workers (anonymously). The best friend was not at the hospital, the other workers were. They said she wore "protective gear" and that she took it all off herself...The hospital has refused to comment on if they had a buddy system in place, which is a recommendation of the CDC, for putting on and taking off protective gear. This nurse could sue the sh*t out of her hospital if she wasn't briefed and if they didn't follow CDC recommendations for Ebola.

Source

Her friend may not be familiar with what a real hazmat suit is.

Here is an article with images of the Hospital workers in their "Hazmat suits"

Hazmats???

And a telling quote from that article:

The group also issued the results of a poll it took from more than 2,100 nurses, in which 74 percent said they had not been briefed by their hospital employers on how to deal with possible Ebola patients.

About four in five nurses also said they had not been given an opportunity to interact or ask questions about protective measures.

The CDC has taken this seriously, the american medical association has not apparently.

Also this:

The nation's largest nurses' union described how Duncan was left in an open area of the emergency room for hours. National Nurses United, citing unidentified nurses, said staff treated Duncan for days without the correct protective gear, that hazardous waste was allowed to pile up to the ceiling and safety protocols constantly changed.

RoseAnn DeMoro, executive director of Nurses United, refused to say how many nurses made the statement about Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, but insisted they were in a position to know what happened.

And again concerning the CDC, how are they reacting?

They will review issues including how isolation rooms are laid out, what protective equipment health workers use, waste management and decontamination.

Source

So again, the CDC only makes recommendations. The hospitals have to apply those recommendations.
edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I imagine there will be more than that. Edit: 76 workers improperly handled Duncan. If that is an accurate number and lets say half of them had close contact, expect half of that half to be more than likely to test positive for Ebola.
edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I just saw this update:

A second Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital worker who tested positive for Ebola flew on a commercial flight from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday, the day before she reported symptoms of the virus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Source

The airline states that she wasn't symptomatic when she flew, but how would they know? Do they take everyone's temp prior to boarding?

Besides . . . If the airline admitted she was noticeably ill, it would be such bad publicity for the airline. Follow the money.

So long . . . and thanks for all the fish.

Bishop

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You didn't read my post thoroughly before replying. The anonymous nurses never mentioned hazmat suits, I made that clear in my post, then you say you watched, as did the other person. You clearly did not watch "the same show" as me. Is my point, I know what I heard and provided a video confirming it.

I get what you're saying about who the responsibility falls to. Forget looking at it from a legal perspective. Can you shift your focus from this and stop defending the CDC? Why do you defend them? We are mere days, weeks away from starring in our own real life Contagion move. I'll play Gwyneth Paltrow, who do you want to play?

Let's look at if from who the organization is, that is supposed to be in control , running the show, or why are they doing daily press briefings? They are in charge of public health. None of these idiots were on the ball. Not the CDC not Dallas Hospital.

All played a role here. Let's be clear on this.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sanjay Gupta just coughed a couple times live on Tv...it concerned me
edit on 15-10-2014 by megabogie because: misspelling

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Regarding the second ebola patient from Dallas
I " heard this on Erin Burnett. Out Front. Show on CNN"

this second case called the CDC and said she had a fever and they said its ok board the plane!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

The CDC approved her flying, after she told them she had a fever

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This deserves it's own thread - I'm mobile so can't do it justice

They are outright lying now

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The CDC is lowering the temperature that indicates a fever caused by ebola. It was 101.5 , then lowered to 100.4 . Now with this second nurse showing fever at 99.5 it will be lowered from the usual standards they've been using.

These everchanging facts are why we can't rely on the facts regarding ebola.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I did get to speak to my Dallas police officer buddy today. He didn't have much to say about the situation. The only thing he did say was that they had a meeting where they were all told that if they feel like they are exhibiting signs, or think they may have signs that they could possibly have ebola, that they are to use common sense and contact their superiors, not to just walk into a hospital, or a clinic such as Care Now. I said, well duhh! We laughed, and that was the extent of it. He said they are treating the situation on a need to know basis. So most patrol officers aren't in the know

edit on 16-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zona
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Good lord, 50 days!!!!! I get that is for "ideal" lab conditions, but it must be viable for a while. How long after Mr. Duncan went to the hospital did the sheriff's deputy enter the apt? I know the deputy is under observation, and not a patient yet, I am just trying to figure the timeline...

I also assume, that the deputy didn't do what one posters mom said and lick the floor. But if he is positive, that suggests he caught it from a sneeze, or a doorknob, or a counter top, or a pen, whatever. All of those are enough to scare me half to death....

Maybe he saw some white powder, wet his finger and licked it to test for drugs. That might be instinct for a cop.
But that white powder could have been crystallized viral particles combined with the residue left from water evaporating.

If someone was in the apartment with a fever and dripping virus particles everywhere, door handles, taps and fridge doors would all be contaminated.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Bishop2199
The airline states that she wasn't symptomatic when she flew,

And now we all know that she was sick the entire time she was in Ohio. She was so sick that she cancelled some of her scheduled meetings with her bridesmaids.

So the airline lied .. the CDC lied ... and Nurse Amber knowingly put hundreds and hundreds of people at risk all so she could have a few days in Ohio to plan her wedding.

CDC now says that Nurse Amber didn't tell them that she had other symptoms, only that she had a 99.5 and asked if she could fly. Common sense would tell a person the answer is "NO' ... no matter what a government entity says.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

All of this is giving me a headache.

The incomprehensiblity of these facts are so far beyond the pale that I am becoming apoplectic and catch myself developing a flat affect more often than I like. I almost have to force myself to put on a 'normal' face for people so they won't think I'm mentally unbalanced.

I don't know, maybe I am.

Because people with degrees and years of public service, who are supposedly credentialed, are acting in ways I, as a high school dropout with merely a GED, never would and I can't understand how these people are still believed, yet they are...
edit on 16-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: FlyersFan

Because people with degrees and years of public service, who are supposedly credentialed, are acting in ways I, as a high school dropout with merely a GED, never would and I can't understand how these people are still believed, yet they are...

Never were truer words spoken...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Agree 100%.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The deputy already tested negative. He did not have Ebola.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: stormcell

The deputy already tested negative. He did not have Ebola.

So did Dr. Brantly (at first). We cannot depend upon a single test. They need to do multiple tests during the incubation period to get a valid result.
edit on 10/16/2014 by Krakatoa because: added quote

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if FEMA knew anyway given the posts previously made on ATS?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join