It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TankGurl
New here. I have read the entire thread and have been payin close attention for the last few days. Just thought I'd add something to the discussion. (hope I do this correctly; first time posting, and posting from my iPhone)

@starledger: NJ Health officials force quarantine on NBC crew exposed to Ebola

This is related to the cameraman who was taken to the Nebraska Hospital.

New Jersey officials issued a mandatory quarantine order Friday night for members of an NBC crew that was exposed to a cameraman with Ebola after they said a voluntary 21-day isolation agreement was violated.

The article does not state how they violated the agreement though.

Where are they quarantined in NJ????? I live here, we should have the right to know???? Are they here, quarantined in jersey??? Does anyone know?????? If anyone followed the CDC thread, I was mentioning my 10 yr old sons friend being sick, out of school the entire week last week. I had my son call him every night to check on him. He's not allowed back in school until TUESDAY! Right now we are worried about enterovirus, Im not ready to have to deal with ebola in my state now too.....FYI- my sons friend won't say what he has, my son asked all week, he kept saying just a cold. Your not out of school for a week & 1/2 just for a damn cold!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zona
a reply to: soficrow

Do we know how long the virus actually is viable on a solid surface? Door knob, keyboard, cash, slot machine, whatever?

Look for company stocks to increase as they start marketing anti-viral wipes and disinfectant sprays that can kill Ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

New here. I have read the entire thread and have been payin close attention for the last few days. Just thought I'd add something to the discussion. (hope I do this correctly; first time posting, and posting from my iPhone)

New Jersey officials issued a mandatory quarantine order Friday night for members of an NBC crew that was exposed to a cameraman with Ebola after they said a voluntary 21-day isolation agreement was violated.

Apparently they thought it was ok to leave their hotel room and go to a local restaurant to pick up their to-go order.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever

Apparently they thought it was ok to leave their hotel room and go to a local restaurant to pick up their to-go order.

Local where??? IN NJ??? That's what I can't figure out?? I read the guy that mandated their quarantine was from jersey, but I don't know if this crew is actually in nj?? TY for all the updates, keep them coming!

edit on 10/12/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

I would have to say that since the order was handed down by the NJ Health Dept. that they are probably in Jersey, however, I can't find any articles that state which city.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Thanks for the information. It's difficult to glean information within the fields and I just want to try and make sense of things that sometimes don't add up. Your info made sense.

I believe it is important to obtain as much knowledge as you can. I don't know about the airborne aspect of this virus; most information says it is not (or there would be a lot more infected..which also makes sense) but then there's the possibility of the virus mutating and changing routes of infection. It's definitely something to keep an eye on.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever

I would have to say that since the order was handed down by the NJ Health Dept. that they are probably in Jersey, however, I can't find any articles that state which city.

Neither can I which is troublesome. But thanks for the info.! Guess I'll keep looking for info....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

then the army research institute is wrong?

did you even read the report that was cited?

those claims were not speculation.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malraux
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Thanks for the information. It's difficult to glean information within the fields and I just want to try and make sense of things that sometimes don't add up. Your info made sense.

I believe it is important to obtain as much knowledge as you can. I don't know about the airborne aspect of this virus; most information says it is not (or there would be a lot more infected..which also makes sense) but then there's the possibility of the virus mutating and changing routes of infection. It's definitely something to keep an eye on.

Virus is airborne, airborne meaning it can survive outside the body floating on dust particles for hours to days.

Most dust particles are dead human cells that slough off indoors. It takes very few particles to infect plus it infects many more cell types than the common cold.

The government is making a major mistake in not providing accurate information. The studies have already been done in the US army biological warfare division. Just as Nasa is branch of NSA, the CDC functions as biological warfare surveillance division. All the tracking and science done behind the scenes is done on the pretext of helping but mostly the research is very useful in creating asymmetrical weapons.

Direct sunlight damages virus RNA. So high temperatures direct sunlight should deactivate it. Most first world countries go through cold phase or winter season. During these times the low sunlight levels plus cold weather, the virus survives longer outside. Our flu season this year will be interesting.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Biotech2024 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by Biotech2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I am an NJ resident as well. It is proving difficult to find any other info on this locally.

IMO, it was only a matter of time before the virus started to show up around here. With JFK and Newark both being international airports, and the amount of people in the NJ/NY area, not to mention how many people use mass transit...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

originally posted by: Malraux

Is Ebola highly contagious like a cold or flu or does it take a "fluke" to get it?

A common cold requires 100 to 250 cold viruses or virions to be transmitted…….

The Ebola virus requires 1 (one) Virion or virus particle for transmission…….

It's VERY contagious……. info from friends who are virologists in the UK.

PDUK

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We have to take the Ebola virus very seriously, but I don't see a reason to panic at this time.

Ebola deaths worldwide so far: 4'000
Annual influenza deaths worldwide: 500'000

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

given the rate it is spreading, at the 1 year mark ebola should easily exceed that number.

influenza has been "in the wild" and allowed to mutate much longer as well. lets hope ebola is not given this same opportunity.
edit on 12-10-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly
a reply to: AllIsOne

given the rate it is spreading, at the 1 year mark ebola should easily exceed that number.

influenza has been "in the wild" and allowed to mutate much longer as well. lets hope ebola is not given this same opportunity.

And let's not forget that there is a vaccine for influenza. I suspect the same has to be done for Ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I'm with you. The current Administration can't be trusted, the CDC can't be trusted, the WHO can't be trusted, the NIH, can't be trusted...etc. Heck, I don't trust the doctors either because I don't believe they are being properly informed.

Besides, the average doctor isn't trained to deal with something of this magnitude. That's what the CDC is for and what a lousy job they're underperforming.

It's almost like Ebola and the CDC is to Obama as Hurricane Katrina and FEMA is to GW Bush. A little strange, but meh.

I must admit, the large number of coffin boxes that had been making the conspiracy theory rounds a couple years ago and even being on an episode of Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" seems strangely planned. The fact the CDC was already ordering and storing these box/coffin things.

While, I agree with governmental organizations being prepared it's a bit odd that they had, what appears to be, a large expectation of needing these boxes. But it could simply be the manufacturer of the boxes has a buddy inside the CDC that pulled strings to make a large purchase. Who knows...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

I thought you were second in your class...you don't even know the difference between an airborne pathogen and a droplet transmission pathogen...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly

I think you're confused. She never quotes them...she just knows how to trick people. She also never references a specific paper.

She is currently being sued for fraud and her site asks for donations everywhere...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne
We have to take the Ebola virus very seriously, but I don't see a reason to panic at this time.

Ebola deaths worldwide so far: 4'000
Annual influenza deaths worldwide: 500'000

Now compare the rate of infection of Ebola vs. death and rate of infection of Influenza vs. death. Given that many people don't even see doctors if they have the flu the numbers are going to be off.

And I'm sure there are more people that have had Ebola that didn't report it (in Africa) due to rural locations and perhaps lack of trust in medical professionals.

While your numbers look impressive, the Flu has been around much longer than Ebola (1976). That in and of itself should give people pause for concern - how "new" this virus is. It's timeline is almost simultaneous with that of the AIDs virus. And Ebola's recent spread seems strange to that of the early 80s multiple country AIDs cases.

But, I suppose this is ridiculous to think, and I should keep these thoughts to that of conspiracy forum.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I am an NJ resident as well. It is proving difficult to find any other info on this locally.

IMO, it was only a matter of time before the virus started to show up around here. With JFK and Newark both being international airports, and the amount of people in the NJ/NY area, not to mention how many people use mass transit...

Yep. NJ might be a small state, but unfortunately, it's way to overpopulated. I just can't find anymore info that's already been posted here....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

If direct sunlight damages it,deactivates it then a person with a clear I.V in the sun's rays, then tube fed back into your body would be cure for ebola. Then your body could develope antibodies against ebola. THE CURE, if true.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join