It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
According to this he was NOT part of the first team.
"Area officials admitted at a Sunday press conference that the unnamed healthcare worker was not a part of the original high risk pool identified after Thomas Eric Duncan's diagnosis in September and was, in fact, wearing protective gloves and mask while treating Duncan."

Read more:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Loadstain

Right, but they had no gear on...they mishandled it even the second time.

This hospital showed a gross negligence. He had tons of exposed skin.

My response was because bio seems to think this Duncan guy was handled with bio hazard gear. That wasn't the case because this hospital was retarded.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly

I'm sorry, but almost everything that "Dr", who isn't a doctor BTW, said is wrong. Ebola is not the flu, it does not behave like the flu and it is most definitely NOT airborne.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I totally agree with you. It could get bad soon. I pray it does not.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Loadstain

Right, but they had no gear on...they mishandled it even the second time.

This hospital showed a gross negligence. He had tons of exposed skin.

My response was because bio seems to think this Duncan guy was handled with bio hazard gear. That wasn't the case because this hospital was retarded.

All the info states, protective /gear measures were followed.

Your debating as if your being paid to debate in a obtuse way.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

Oh really? It says protective gear? Tell me Mr second in his class, are rubber gloves and a face mask protectice gear against Ebola? Nobody, either the first or second time, had proper protective gear on until an actual doc stepped in and bitxh slapped the negligent nurses.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What really bothers me is the asymmetric warfare/ bio-weapon capability of this virus. It doesn't take much to take fluid laced with it to put it on a surface that is commonly touched in a major metropolitan area. Enemies of the american people or american government would do it to destabilize and create mass chaos.

Ebola cadavers should be guarded like nuclear warheads. Just think what this implies.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Biotech2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Biotech2024

You do know he was treated by nurses who did not correctly handle him the first time he went to the hospital right?

The 'infected nurse / worker' WAS wearing appropriate PPE equipment Mr Raymonkdoku…… either they picked it up from poor disrobing or like the Spanish nurse, touching of the face whilst removing protective gear…….actually easily done…….

However if they contracted it another way then i'm curious…….?

This virus can last for several hours (or even days in the right condition) on surfaces which can be touched by others……. just think of the mayhem it would cause in an underground train station or public terminal point…..

PDUK

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Precisely. How could so many doctors and nurses in West Africa make so many mistakes? And now, this nurse in Dallas?
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What an interesting thread. No doubt, all the points made and discussion highlights the human instinct to prepare. But, I do have a question that maybe someone can answer.

Is Ebola highly contagious like a cold or flu or does it take a "fluke" to get it? The reason I ask is because there were, likely, many people who came into contact with Duncan while he was symptomatic but only one- so far- that has tested positive. Those medical personnel treating Duncan prior to his diagnosis wore little to no safety gear and none has came down with this dreadful disease. Additionally, what about his family? I've not seen or heard about them for days. Does anyone know if they are sick?

I have read a lot about Ebola in the last weeks and, from what I have read, it seems extreme measures are taken to ensure there's no contact with the virus. While I'm no medical professional, it appears to be rather fishy that there's not a lot more sick, especially in areas where there's little education and sanitation. I could be reading this situation wrong but I know that three months ago, all of my family passed around a summer cold. Perhaps some people are more susceptible, like in a lot of other viruses and infections? Or is there a lot more that we don't know?

Great information.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Malraux

a fluke or are some people more susceptible....there's the question....if someone was going to test positive you would bet it would be someone who treated mr duncan the first time.....however the first hospital visit, one exposure....the 2nd time he was in the hospital so the nurse got multiple exposures, but was using protective measures....

will have to see if any one else comes up positive.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It seems that humanity has become... too stupid, to protect itself properly against the environment it lives in. A sure sign of imminent extinction. The movie Idiocracy is real, except that we wipe ourselves out long before it can actually get to the point portrayed in the movie.
edit on 10/12/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malraux

Is Ebola highly contagious like a cold or flu or does it take a "fluke" to get it?

A common cold requires 100 to 250 cold viruses or virions to be transmitted…….

The Ebola virus requires 1 (one) Virion or virus particle for transmission…….

It's VERY contagious……. info from friends who are virologists in the UK.

PDUK

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: baburak
Texas healthcare worker tests positive; would mark 1st Ebola transmission in U.S.

And how many patients did he treat after that? Here you go.

Oh Sheeeet! How convienent this "happened" (or was announced) on the weekend. How long have they known about it before telling the public?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thank you!! I am glad I stumbled upon ATS it's got so many different forums and topics. Thanks for sharing some other threads I was looking through them last night.
Ironically last night after posting my husband got a call from a friend the lives in the DFW area. He didn't have any insider info but he did say local news is down playing it there just as they are here. He also said some people are in a panic over it but no one is doing anything about it. Seems all are just carrying on day to day like normal. Didn't sound like he was doing anything but listening and watching.
I just saw they've reported a second confirmed case in Dallas.... Which I don't believe is the only one, likely they are telling use before someone that's knows them did. I will be keeping an eye on this thread and others for developing info, and if I hear anything myself I'll be sure to share here as well. The scary part is that a huge hospital system like that has been unable to handle or contain it, there are many rural areas that would be devastated by this. I know where I am couldn't handle this and we are taking precautions and avoiding the general public.

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue

from what i read, she had a fever on friday and was tested. the results were positive on saturday. i don't think there's any motive for info about it to come out on the weekend. people are going to hear about it no matter what day the info is released. what scares me is that she wore protective gear and she doesn't know how she could have contracted it. i'm guessing it has to happen during removal of all the stuff because there are particles on it. in the biohazard labs they are sprayed with disinfectant while still in full gear and THEN they take it off. that's not happening in hospitals. they don't even have an area for decontamination as far as i know.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

yes but this nurse treated him the second time around and wore full protective gear. not a respirator but she had a mask and face guard. if he didn't projectile vomit on her then that would be sufficient if it's not airborne. i think it's happening when they remove their gear. they have to be hosed down with disinfectant while still wearing all of that and THEN remove it all. i'm pretty sure that step is not happening since hospitals typically don't have decontamination chambers outside of isolation rooms (or do they? i'm not sure about this)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

That's exactly what I'm saying. These nurses weren't doing what they were supposed to. They were negligent. This hospital will probably get sued.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So, Ray, let me ask you this.

Do you believe everything the authorities say?

Have you ever questioned authority?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
New here. I have read the entire thread and have been paying close attention for the last few days. Just thought I'd add something to the discussion. (hope I do this correctly; first time posting, and posting from my iPhone)

NJ Health officials force quarantine on NBC crew exposed to Ebola

This is related to the cameraman who was taken to the Nebraska Hospital.

New Jersey officials issued a mandatory quarantine order Friday night for members of an NBC crew that was exposed to a cameraman with Ebola after they said a voluntary 21-day isolation agreement was violated.

The article does not state how they violated the agreement though.
edit on 12-10-2014 by TankGurl because: Spelling error & link title

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join