It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I just wanted to ask, curiosity...

I gather you passed certain information to the mods. They say it's verified and accepted and who are we to question that? If they say it's good info that's enough for me to continue reading and contributing to this thread with great interest.

But will there ever come a point in the future where the information you disclosed to them will be de-classified for us members? Just wondering, as it is I'm more than happy with the situation - you're clearly a well regarded member here at ATS an I'm in no way disputing you or your sources.

Praise from Caesar isn't always granted on ATS and shouldn't even be needed in the gray area...so that fact alone makes this thread quite interesting.

Of the information disclosed is to remain G-14 classified then I'll always wonder, which ain't really a bad thing. Cool thread nonetheless I've enjoyed the mostly informative posts.
edit on 10-10-2014 by samerulesapply because: Silly mistake

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The information that the mods confirmed is that he has a nurse relative/friend who works at the hospital. The information the nurse gave him about it being spread prior to symptoms is wrong.

a reply to: samerulesapply

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Or it could be an entirely random set of circumstances that is perceived as something nefarious. Gov't bureaucracies and corporations are large dumb beasts that always look out for their own survival. Sometimes their actions are in fact briefly directed into some sort of coherent conspiracy to further their own ends. More often than not, I think they fall into a path of least resistance, which usually involves capitalizing on some current crisis of one sort or another for short term gain. I believe the outside observer takes these actions to be more directed and organized, trying to achieve a "grand picture" that never existed.

I started off years and years ago delving deeply into various "conspiracy theories." Then I started looking at the motivations and outlooks of people who proscribed to such. Then I looked around at the world and saw how this was truly a bi-product of the swirling chaos that is our world. People need to make some sort of sense of the senseless and fit it into the bigger picture. Often times, there are small conspiracies... but corporations, burocracies, man kind could never be organized enough to orchestrate something so large as some theories on ATS.

All of this being said, the OP is not stating anything that far out there by saying that Ebola could be passed on prior to someone infected being symptomatic. The CDC isn't keeping us in the dark about the virus being airborne or other such nonsense. It clearly isn't airborne. There isn't enough data to say it isn't possible for this to be infectious prior to being symptomatic. As I have told many of my friends, "this isn't the flu-- but at the same time it isn't HIV." Ebola is somewhere in between in terms of communicability and at this point... well... we just don't know.

link   

Just thought we could use a little levity. lol

link   
So if you're generally concerned wouldn't you want the actual truth instead if the anectodal opinion of an anonymous poster on the internet.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
So if you're generally concerned wouldn't you want the actual truth instead if the anectodal opinion of an anonymous poster on the internet.

...and what exactly is the actual truth raymundoko? Please spell it out for us.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
No, he's telling the truth about his nurse friend. The information is wrong.

a reply to: NoAngel2u

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Staff HAVE vetted this information as being good.

Any member who says otherwise can direct their questions to me via PM.
Although I will not disclose any private information or details of what was shared, since it's not applicable.

Know that this member is indeed telling the truth.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I would like to see more posts from Dallas. Because most of you saying there is nothing to worry about dont live there. We wont know until next week. Its obvious something went really wrong, in every aspect. If I lived there Id be nervous. Its all a coincidence, right ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-10-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I don't know who's being honest and who's not, raymundoko. I thought I'd made that quite clear in my numerous posts over the last couple of pages.

What gives you or anyone else any more credibility than those making opposing claims?

I'm not biased in my quest for attaining knowledge or truth, you gave your opinion and linked your sources as have many others.

It's not that I think I will learn the ultimate truth, I don't think anyone knows what the future holds. Life continues to surprise us in many ways and we're always learning.

The fact is I don't think anyone knows enough about this virus, past, future or present to say with absolutel certainty what the ultimate truth is. What do you find so hard to understand about that?

I'll consider the information I'm presented with, if something piques my interest like this thread did then I'm grown up enough to decide whether it is worth considering when forming my conclusions.

You were allowed to reach your conclusions based on your research, allow others to do the same.

I'm starting to genuinely believe you have an agenda of your own to push...so start a thread about it.

Preferably not in the gray area, as I'll expect you to link plenty of source material and evidence...and given that you don't invest any faith in the ideology of this particular forum.

Actually, don't waste your time...I don't believe anyone can foresee how a virus we know nothing about might evolve and adapt to a new environment.

You're happy believing we know everything there is to know, fair play to you.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Remember earlier someone wanted information from people at ground 0? Here's a great link providing input, insight and info from clinicians and researchers. These professional sites may seem heavy duty, but believe me, the moderators are vigilant and the contributors tend to be careful of their reputations. I was just scanning the recent comments and it's getting as lively as this thread. Passions run high, don'cha know.

Ebola: The Lancet

Here's part of a comment posted by Dr. Bintu :"...As a medical doctor currently working in Sierra Leone I just shake my head at the outrageous comments people make. We're fighting a disease we new nothing about. I had a one page note on ebola whilst in medical school in Sierra Leone bcos it wasn't endemic to my region instead we extensively studied Lassa Fever, Yellow Fever, Rabies etc under haemorrhagic fevers. Nurses never even heard the word ebola so for some people to be blaming health personnel who are dying that we're being careless is heartrending. Av lost colleagues and friends to this fight that has no end in sight. We work in hospitals with no running water. We tell people about handwashing when they get their water from streams. We have patients coming into the hospitals lying about their symptoms. Everyone now knows the symptoms of ebola and they carefully deny each one.Only God knows the quality of these PPE'S being donated. But in Sierra Leone we're still working. .."

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well I live 30 minutes from Dallas, and have posted a few times about the situation. I know they've come on all the local channels and have reiterated to everyone that the deputy does not have ebola, and Judge Jenkins has come on and said not to worry because it's really hard to catch the disease. Now, as to whether I believe them or not is still up in the air for me. There are just too many factors.

My sister works for the Care Now main office and told me all about what happened there, and that there were like 8 news copters flying around the day that the deputy went in there, and there were tons of fire and police surrounding the Frisco office. She said that they were all really nervous, and had closed the place and had it thoroughly cleaned from top to bottom. It's open for business again now. Also that they were keeping tabs on all the employees there (checking them for symptoms every day, temperature, signs of sickness etc) so time will tell if anyone else might have got it. But if they got it at Care Now, I will make sure to post about it, even and especially if the msm is not. That's all I know, other than that, it's pretty much business as usual for most folks here. Though I did buy a few cases of water and ramen from Sams

a reply to: Speckle

EDIT: I forgot to add that also I have a friend who is a Dallas police officer who told me that he has gone on calls to the area that Duncan (patient zero R.I.P.) lived in and that the people who live there (Nigerians, Ethiopians, and others) aren't exactly the pinnacle of health. The area is really, really ghetto. The people there sometimes live 10 to 15 people in one tiny apartment. He said that he's gone in there and saw raw chicken and half eaten rotted vegetables just strewn about. Also that sometimes they have buckets where they defecate and urinate into, even though there's a working bathroom. He said the smell in some of those places will make you want to vomit. He also said that he wasn't around there the day that the deputies and judge went into the apartment, but that it was really stupid of them to enter there without any protection. He said they haven't had any special briefings or anything concerning the ebola "crisis", but he'd let me know. I will see him next Wednesday so will update if I hear anything new.
edit on 10-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The only info the mods have had that had not been placed in the thread were personally identifying information pertainng to how this person is related to me and up until this post, where they were as a patient; you were a tad off rayray, but that's ok I forgive you.

I can see how that post may have been overlook as it is now many pages back. Since I know some don't or won't read external links, here is some information as to why this hearsay I have been reporting might be something worth giving at least a listen and some consideration.

My source was a patient here:

The University of Texas Medical Branch(UTMB) is a component of the University of Texas System located in Galveston, Texas,United States, about 50 miles (80 km) southeast of Downtown Houston. It is an academic health center with 11,000 employees [2] and a medical school that is the oldest in Texas.[3]

To.which is attached this facility:

As one of two National Biocontainment Laboratories constructed under grants awarded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases/National Institutes of Health (NIAID/NIH), the Galveston National Laboratory (GNL) will enable progress in our understanding of the fundamental mechanisms underlying the spread of infectious diseases and the pathogenesis of the diseases they cause.  It will also promote new strategies for their control – all within a safe and secure research environment.

Where this meeting just took place:

The Governor met with James LeDuc, director of the Galveston National Laboratory, professor of Microbiology and Immunology and director of the Program on Global Health, at the Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, who just returned from Sierra Leone, where he was studying the disease. But also about Thomas Ksiazek, virologist and expert in the field of Epidemiology/ecology and laboratory diagnosis of hemorrhagic fevers and arthropod-borne viral diseases. Both of them are members of UTMB Galveston and are a part of the Texas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response, which is designed to respond to the threat of Ebola.

Once you have given this some thought, you are more than welcome to draw your own conclusions. If your mind is already made up and you are certain you know everything there is to know about ebola, then there might not be anything of interest in this thread.

Again, what has been, and probably what will continue to be posted here is just hearsay, so:

Please do not do anything you might regret based on this thread. Hopefully efforts to contain, quarantine, treat, prevent, or cure Ebola will eventually be successful, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

As rayray says, I may be telling the truth but I could still be wrong.

My posts in this thread.
edit on 11-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wrong reply to
edit on 11-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
No worries, no need to apologize, I just didn't want to assume something and find myself extricating my foot from my keyboard.

I agree completely with your comments and appreciate them. Like you, I try to abide the the terms of the site but sometimes the "white noise" inflicted by posters like that one just overwhelms civility.

I certainly want to hear what other ordinary Joes and Janes on the street are seeing, hearing and learning and experiencing. In a situation such as this one I can easily understand why people would want to remain anonymous.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNaR

originally posted by: osirys
If you use the wayback machine you can see what Canada's Safety sheet used to say (March 2014)...

And what it says now...

??........??

Airborne transmission has not been demonstrated between non-human primates
??..........?

Then what to make of this article from November 21, 2012

From Pigs to Monkeys, Ebola Goes Airborne
Nov 21, 2012 | Jane Huston | Research & Policy

When news broke that the Ebola virus had resurfaced in Uganda, investigators in Canada were making headlines of their own with research indicating the deadly virus may spread between species, through the air.

The team, comprised of researchers from the National Centre for Foreign Animal Disease, the University of Manitoba, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, observed transmission of Ebola from pigs to monkeys. They first inoculated a number of piglets with the Zaire strain of the Ebola virus. Ebola-Zaire is the deadliest strain, with mortality rates up to 90 percent. The piglets were then placed in a room with four cynomolgus macaques, a species of monkey commonly used in laboratories. The animals were separated by wire cages to prevent direct contact between the species.

Within a few days, the inoculated piglets showed clinical signs of infection indicative of Ebola infection. In pigs, Ebola generally causes respiratory illness and increased temperature. Nine days after infection, all piglets appeared to have recovered from the disease.

Within eight days of exposure, two of the four monkeys showed signs of Ebola infection. Four days later, the remaining two monkeys were sick too. It is possible that the first two monkeys infected the other two, but transmission between non-human primates has never before been observed in a lab setting.

While the study provided evidence that transmission of Ebola between species is possible, researchers still cannot say for certain how that transmission actually occurred. There are three likely candidates for the route of transmission: airborne, droplet, or fomites.

Airborne and droplet transmission both technically travel through the air to infect others; the difference lies in the size of the infective particles. Smaller droplets persist in the air longer and are able to travel farther- these droplets are truly “airborne.” Larger droplets can neither travel as far nor persist for very long. Fomites are inanimate objects that can transmit disease if they are contaminated with infectious agents. In this study, a monkey’s cage could have been contaminated when workers were cleaning a nearby pig cage. If the monkey touched the contaminated cage surface and then its mouth or eyes, it could have been infected.

Author Dr. Gary Kobinger suspects that the virus is transmitted through droplets, not fomites, because evidence of infection in the lungs of the monkeys indicated that the virus was inhaled.

source: healthmap.org...

So if they believed at that time that a monkey got the virus from a pig through airborne transmission, why couldn't a monkey get the virus from another monkey through airborne transmission; thereby questioning / making the statement ".. Airborne transmission has not been demonstrated between non-human primates .." in the safety sheet you've shown, totally deceptive?

Plus if it can be transmitted through the air between non-human primates why wouldn't that apply to humans which too are primates ( How Do We Know Humans are Primates? )?

Actually I'm pretty sure It said that only two or three months ago, I posted a quote from it in some ebola thread. One if the first ebola threads we had going on ATS . Not sure which thread to pull the quote up for the latest date, then a few weeks later it was taken off the Canadian health site, after they became aware it was getting posted all over the place.

ETA
Trying to reply to the post above this but somehow it keeps taking the next reply ??? Or I'm screwing it up

I'm replying to the canadian health site stating it was airborne then removing it

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thank you for the info! Also, I hope it's alright if I post the information from my few sources in this thread (not trying to hijack it or anything
). I figured it would be redundant to start a new thread with "inside information" and all. Cheers!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Silly rabbit. The OP claimed no such thing. Rather, the OP shared a report from someone considered to be reliable. The mod and the site owner reportedly agree. Apparently, you do not. Whoopdy-doo, nobody cares! On a related note, I do notice you consistently misquote posters and twist and turn their words around to.suit your own pathetic purposes, which I find to be highly irresponsible. This trait alone is enough to confirm my early assessment that you have no academic or scholarly training. Therefore, I cannot take you seriously, even in your self-proclaimed "Disinfo' Agent" role. And, I do so hope you are able to get a refund from whichever organization so poorly prepared you for this little 'job'. Because they failed you, terribly.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

By all means, please do! A few other people have posted similar info, it is on topic; though if it is of a contentious nature, you may wish to run it by staff prior to posting though that is entirely up to you.

I have an interesting bit that has been passed to me by another member that I would loke to post, but I would rather that member post the info directly.

And apologies, again, if I took a previous post of yours the wrong way.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
No worries, and thanks I will! I look forward to more information for sure considering how close to home this is for me. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
We know its not airborne ?? . Just wondering .More than just a few doctors/nurses have contracted this disease .Were they licking the patients or something .One would imagine that trained professionals would be ultra cautious .Just saying is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join