It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ebola, inside information

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:21 PM
What does your link have to do with the OP. Again the op claim is that Ebola is transmissible pre symptoms...

I'm not, nor have I ever disagreed with the sciences behind Ebola and its mode of transmission.

The OP made a wild claim. This is the gray area so he knew he wouldn't have to prove it.

He's tired of getting called out in moderated threads so he's resorted to this stuff.

Ebola is not airborne, it is not transmissible via pre symptomatic carriers.

His nurse friend is wrong.

a reply to: bludragin

edit on 10-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
Disagreements on some details of Ebola aside, there is one thing it's hard to disagree on - it's relentless.

I've updated the Ebola charts with the latest data from WHO that was released today:

Latest Ebola Charts Update

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
Goji berries is all you need.

a reply to: MrConspiracy

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
I just got a call from my friend who has been talking with his friends in Dallas, trying to get a bit of info.
He got a call from a friend who is a private pilot (as is my friend) and works part-time at a Dallas airport that caters to mostly private planes. His friend called him to ask why he'd suddenly taken off---did he know something since his daughter was working in the medical field? So my friend told him exactly why they had fled. (This flight from Dallas, by the way, was not entirely because of the ebola threat but it was the last straw of things they've been seeing in the past 6 months or so.)
The new info he gained was that those folks from the CDC and other governmental agencies that flocked to Dallas did so by private plane. They apparently don't want to fly into the same airport that the guy with ebola used. There were plenty of commercial flights available at the time but they had their own jets from Atlanta, Nashville and Omaha.
Additionally, the hospital where my friend's daughter worked is putting out false info about her leaving so abruptly. Her supervisors are telling her co-workers that she left due to a family health crisis---not at all what she told them. From some of the calls she got, she has now learned that others in the hospital have already left, at least a couple of lab techs and one other nurse that has worked at two different medical facilities. All three of those people went directly to the person in charge of contagion containment and asked for their plans in regard to ebola. When they got the blank stare and "Uh, we don't think it's going to be a problem." they left the hospital and grabbed their bug-out bags and left the area to their own "isolation" camps.
These are people who have been on the disaster preparedness committees I've spoken of, they know there are plans that should have been instituted and they know that it is beyond negligent not to have instituted those protocols when the disease presented.
edit on 10-10-2014 by diggindirt because: spelling and clarity

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:12 PM
A while back gun threads were popular, like the current trend in ebola related threads.

I got involved in some of those threads and soon realised they were a rocky road to animosity, disagreement and petty bickering.

The threads tended to descend into chaos and before I knew it I was being...a twat, everyone was being a twat.

I decided that my opinion was exactly that, and that airing it wasn't going to change anyone's mind or opinion. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, nor agreeing.

Sometimes it's best to just let people think what they think, you can't change people, you've been trying for the last few pages and it's gotten this thread nowhere.

Why do you care what someone else is claiming so much? If you know in your heart of hearts that you are indeed righteous - often it's best to leave it at that and move onwards.

You come across as an intelligent, objective individual - but the fact that you've spent the last god-knows how many pages continually arguing the same tired points over and over would suggest otherwise, you accused the OP of trolling some pages ago, flat out. So I'm accusing you now.

Because someone who is as smart as yourself spending the last however many pages baiting and in some cases belittling folk who disagree with you bears all the hallmarks of the classic troll.

It's the silk hat on a pig situation, sometimes it's best to simply say...yeah, okay - I'm out. To me that's a mark of intelligence, the realisation that you can't expect people to fall in line and agree that you're's clearly not gonna happen, why have you not picked up on this fact yet?

You seem not to be able to get the whole philosophy of the gray area, the OP is hiding behind the intended purpose of this forum, apprently - regardless of whether that's true or not, ATS won't change the criteria for posting in this forum to suit you or anyone, it is what it is and it's not your place to say it's wrong or belittle anyone for using this forum for its intended purpose.

I know you're trolling for the simple fact that you've continually tried to derail the OP...for pages and pages, with the same tired responses, matter-of-fact claims and insults - the fact that you simply refuse to accept that the claims made in the gray area don't require any conclusive proof or evidence - if that fact bothers you perhaps you're better off not visiting the gray area or responding to threads like I no longer get involved in gun related threads.

Didn't a wise man once say that the true definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting different results?

You can't change ATS. If you want to contribute to the thread, how's about a response to a response I posted some pages back (page 10 or 11 I think) regarding the supposed patent for it really a patent for ebola?

I'm curious to hear yours and others' response to that, I'm here to be (hopefully) educated, given information or links to information that will shed some more light on this business.

The last 4 or 5 pages have been consumed by you disagreeing with the same claims over and've essentially hijacked someone elses thread because they posted something you disagree with and/or don't like. I'd prefer if you contributed or left to be perfectly frank so that the thread can continue as it should, and people can discuss the issue objectively and in a more amicable manner...not too much to ask.

If you care so much, why not compose a thread that contests the claims being made that you're so sure are untrue and it might actually prove to be something useful and productive, this thread has gone from interesting to tiresome.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:13 PM
There is no reason to believe that it can't be spread before a patient becomes symptomatic. Prior to this situation, it's not as if there was a large data set to study. The flu can be spread several days prior to a patient exhibiting classical symptoms. The OP's statement is not something as dramatic as claims that the virus can be transmitted through airborne means by a long shot.
edit on 10-10-2014 by slip2break because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:24 PM
a reply to: slip2break

Hear hear...I think it's awfully arrogant of us to assume we know all there is to know about ebola...about hature in general.

But viruses can change and mutate, that we do know - making assumptions based on the little we do know is ignorant at best. We don't know enough about it to say conclusively that it can not and will not ever mutate in such a way that it can propagate and spread a lot easier, we just don't know.

And what we do know today may be irrelevant tomorrow. Personally, I don't know anywhere near enough about it to confidently sit backand say it cannot happen and will not happen...I wish I had that confidence but alas I ain't no virologist or biologist....I have to base my views and opinions based on what I read and hear from other sources...I don't personally know anyone who knows everything or even much of anything about ebola so it's up to me to be objective and consider the infromation I'm presented with to make up my own mind.

This thread was great to start with, I read with a healthy mix of interest and uncertainty in the hope I'd learn a thing or two in the end. Shame it went off track a bit - but yeah, I fully agree...I haven't studied ebola and won't just take someone's word for it.

I want input, like that robot from short circuit....need more input.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
a reply to: BOOKOFTHOTH

Cool video.

Someone previously mentioned goji berries on another thread, perhaps it was you but I can't remember which thread.

Still interesting, though. I'm of the opinion that most diseased/ailments have a naturally occurring cure or treatment, definitely worth looking into more. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
a reply to: samerulesapply

Sorry, but my head is still a bit thick---to whom are you addressing your reply?
It's obviously not to the OP ....
You've made some excellent points so I'm curious about whose posts you are addressing.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:28 PM
a reply to: diggindirt

I do apologise, I was responding to a chap going by the name of raymundoko. I thought I had replied directly to his last post but it would appear not.

More clear proof that I need educating, blonde moments a-plenty! I was responding to raymundo, reading back I was perhaps a bit rude, I didn't mean to be.

It's just...sometimes voicing your opinion isn't the best thing to do, people are genuinely concerned about this issue and want to know as much as possible, it felt like he/she was simply trying to derail the thread and it went off tangent.

I apologise, I don't think raymundo is necessarily a troll or an intentional troll.

The gun threads I referred to are a case in point. I'm not a troll by any means but I've been sucked in, it's easy to get sucked in, isn't it?

I have strong opinions on gun ownership...they're most likely wrong given that I've recently started to think owning a firearm might not be such a bad idea. But getting involved in those threads back then, I have strong opinions on the issue but many others have much stronger opinions on the subject, and quite franklly, more knowledge and experience than myself.

I kept giving into that insatiable need to respond to he comments that wound me up, at the time I was just making my point but in retrospect I was becoming a troll who kept interfering in threads I couldn't really contribute much to other than my own opinion...and we all have one of those.

Sometimes it's best left unsaid.

Don't get sucked in if you can help it was all I was saying, sorry if it came off as confrontational. I'm sure ray's a good person and has made plentiful contributions to threads in the past.
edit on 10-10-2014 by samerulesapply because: Correction

edit on 10-10-2014 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:34 PM
Thank you and well said. When i see his name i dont read the post.a reply to: pasiphae

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:42 PM

Don't be so quick to back off your view point. I have seen many a thread get totally derailed by a few individuals who clearly had no interest in discussing the topic. The last post by Ray was just a series of statements with nothing substantial to add to the conversation.

Yes, Ray. We know its not airborne just based on the spread of the disease in West Africa. What can you add to the conversation beyond, "Your nurse friend don't know S*&t" concerning it being spread prior to a patient being symptomatic? Again, there is very limited data concerning Ebola in general.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:50 PM
Bolded, bracketed items below added by me.for clarification:

The public-health impact of Ebola infection needs also to be reassessed in light of these new findings [of asymptomatic infection in humans]. The risk of transmission via blood products donated by such [asymptomatic] individuals or via semen should be taken into consideration in public-health policy since infectious filovirus have already been found in semen from symptomatic patients 2–3 months after symptoms.

Human asymptomatic Ebola infection and strong inflammatory response

The above quoted section is referring to the damgers that an asymptomatic humam poses in infecting others through blood or semen, ot is not that big of a leap to think that there could be a danger in someome infecting others prior to symptoms occurring as in a traditional presentation.

Quoting myself:

You may be lookng for the release of super secret unpublished data, but that just isn't going to happen. Not here, probably not anywhere.

I am sorry if I, and my source, are only able to provide bits and pieces that are just hearsay and that I am currently unable to gather additional, specific information.

My hope was to provide a bit of corroborating information for what many here have been saying.

I won't have links to sourced documents, nor will I be able to provide hidden recordings of secret meetings.

Yet there may be bits and pieces to indicate the possibility.

Right now, all I have gathered from these last few days conversations has been shared in this thread already.

And will continue to add as I am made aware of such.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:51 PM

originally posted by: raymundoko

The OP made a wild claim. This is the gray area so he knew he wouldn't have to prove it.

He's tired of getting called out in moderated threads so he's resorted to this stuff.

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Staff HAVE vetted this information as being good.

Any member who says otherwise can direct their questions to me via PM. Although I will not disclose any private information or details of what was shared, since it's not applicable.

Know that this member is indeed telling the truth.

edit on 10/10/1414 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/1414 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:52 PM

Yeah, I suppose you could say ATS has mutated slightly over the last few years.

My real concern is the fact that there is, without doubt, lies being spread by someone, somewhere, or there wouldn't be so much conflict and's dangerous.

The hard part is trying to figure out whose pretending they know the real facts and who actually does.

We'll lie ourselves to death. I get the notion that folks often like to make up fantastic tales or spread rumours, etc kidnapped by aliens and all that - true or false it's relatively harmless and the consequences are minute to non-existant...but when it's something serious like this,'d think people would have more sense.

I challenge even the most learned of scientists to state confidently, truthfully and with 100% sincerity that they know for a fact that they know everything about ebola...and many other things for that matter.

Like this patent people are discussing, I linked to it a few pages back. I keep asking for perhaps some help in clarifying exactly what the patent is for but nobody seems to know. The language it's written in is quite technical and I need help understanding it...from what I can gather it's not a patent for the disease itself but for methods of provoking an immunity's hard to figure out as there's so much information there.

If it is a patent for ebola, specifically...proving the virus is man made (I don't think it is) then that's terrifying...if it isn't then it worries me that certain parties are saying that it is and people believe it, that's not productive.

Spreading rumours and falsehoods when it's something this serious is equally as terrifying as the notion that ebola was man made.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:14 PM

Over the years I have looked extensively at the body of evidence that said HIV was man made. There is quite a bit of plot points out there that can be woven into a narrative that makes this seem to be a reasonable conclusion. Yet at the end of the day, we trace it back to a small village back in the 1920s.

Even I, a very part time fictional writer, know that there is always a way to tie seemingly unconnected data points together, based on only the faintest connection into a grandiose paranoid story. Quite a bit of the reason why it works for fiction, is that in a lot of ways-- the world actually behaves in that manner.

The difficulty in trying to disseminate what is really occurring in a situation such as this is that every reporter is trying to be the next great author of the century. Trying to tie a seemingly unconnected subplot to the greater story. People on ATS are totally free of the editorial scrutiny that someone who publishes a story in the Times claiming a plane sitting on a tarmac in Newark is under quarantine for Ebola (and then quietly backing off the story a few hours) face.

With most mainstream and alternative media, you need to read all of the material available, and hope to find one sentence per story that provides a nugget of truth that ties the other thousand of sentences (articles) you have accumulated into a coherent narrative. And even then, you'll probably only be have a very incomplete picture of what is really occurring.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:24 PM

I expect the proverbial powers that be to lie and spread disinformation, I suppose many of us do.

When their opponents lie it's just as sinister, it's just another power trying to manipulate and control people, I wonder how many individual groups there actually are out there who are deliberately trying to mislead us for nefarious purposes, it's a scary thought as there are likely a lot more than I think.

Anyway, cheers for that - some wise words. Good to see this thread getting back on track.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:28 PM
No, he's telling the truth about his nurse friend. The information is wrong.

a reply to: NoAngel2u

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:29 PM
We already knew it can be spread through blood and semen , even after recovery...

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

edit on 10-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:30 PM
RE: the mutations mentioned in your post -- I wonder if it also weakens upon each mutation. Kind of like a copy of a copy of a copy. Perhaps it doesn't weaken but becomes more unstable, unpredictable. I'll be doing a lot more reading this weekend.

a reply to: pasiphae

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>