It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There are drug(s) available that can clear virus, it acts on enzyme specific to viruses that convert it's genetic code to insert able form into host cell nucleus. Japan has a stockpile of it. We might too just not known or publicized.

The problem with these type of drugs is that they can be used to save small percentage of people. .. Ie politicians/elite/, but not advisable to use on everyone. The RNA viruses mutate and the drug that attaches to that enzyme now may not be able to attach to mutated enzyme as readily.

I can publish more detailed info if anyone wants it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NoAngel2u

No they didn't, you just didn't understand what they quoted.

It seems obvious Jaded put this here so it wouldn't get hoaxed

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I've asked you for your medical qualifications more than twice now, I think and will insist once more to see either such or links to papers you have published.

I have no formal education beyond high school.

I am, however, quite self-educated.

Along with my relative, who has over 15 years nursing experience, there is this person:

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

It is this person's opinion that the virus is, and has been, transmissible prior to onset of symptoms.

That is the bigges lie we are being told.

This isn't news to me....but I'm a nurse.

People really need to educate themselves on Ebola. And not from the media, etc. The World Health Org's website would probably be a particularly good place to look. They're not going to sugar coat it. Also, follow links from sites like it...

WHO

Lovebeck, if you are still around, could you comment further.

Raymundoko, I know you're intelligent, so are you purposely trying to downplay this virus' ability?

I am not ascribing any sort of intent on it's actuons, but you cannot deny that it is probably one of the most dangerous pathogens we are aware of.

If it were so hard to contract, we wouldn't have hundreds of medical professionals comng down with it whie taking extraordinary precautions. MSF, has finally had it's inpenetrability broken as reported on September, 17th.

I don't think speaking in certainties in regards to what this virus is capable or not capable of is going to keep us safe.

The thing that is most troubling to me about the doctors that have been contracting the disease, and it is something I don't think anyone anywhere has considered, is that those particular bugs are the ones that have the mutations that have allowed them to penetrate the extreme barriers placed between the patient and the doctor catching the disease.

Think about that.

a reply to: NoAngel2u

Actually, I'm a he.

No biggie, people shorten jaded (which means tired and worn out (of the things that have made me cynical, btw)) to jade all the time, which does indeed have a female connotation.

a reply to: soficrow

Thank you for that, good to know.

Changes such as this and the underhanded manoeuvring that took place to bring it about tell me more when you consider what was changed.

Eyes up everyone!
edit on 10-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ray Ray is exactly what he claims to be - a disinfo agent. Ignore him.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Extraordinary precautions? Now I know you are just trolling for attention.

Why don't you look at images of docs who have contracted it...they are in no way taking every precaution because they don't have the ability to...

One doc had rubber gloves and safety glasses...

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Send RayRay my way. I have a truckload of research that he can spend the next year sorting through that, once digested, may render him more capable of speaking intelligently on the matter of this most unique and novel Ebola viral strain.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Totally. Such a disinfo agent. I make millions posting in ATS. That's what I got all my degrees for, to post wrong info here to throw people off.

a reply to: Restricted

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You're adorable. Why spend a year with your erroneous research when we can simply look at real world observations...

a reply to: bludragin

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat

That is a very good logical reason as to why it's unlikely that Ebola is being spread through the air, it doesn't seem to make primates or humans cough and sneeze very much. Yes a virus can mutate but it can take decades or hundreds or thousands of years.

Why is it everyone quotes the pigs to monkey paper but choose to ignore a primate to primate study which would be closer in how Ebola affects human beings?

Pigs are not people.... didn't know that.... kidding aside that's good to hear that the airborne transmission possibility has mutated to that it's not airborne ..... that make me feel safe however.

It makes one wonder why some people wear the sealed head part with respirators - see pic below. Is that just a precautionary measure in case they wander through a just created mist of ebola droplets?

Look I'm not panic stricken just yet (but might get that way if outbreaks start happening in North America) but with international air travel being such an everyday occurrence I really hope the people who began fabricating events, in the Thomas Eric Duncan fiasco, basically lying to the public are forthcoming with the truth. Them and everyone else involved too.

btw, not trying to be dramatic, but if ebola is not transmitted through the air, why the need for a respirator when a plain plastic face shield would suffice?

Why the elaborate respirator?
edit on 10-10-2014 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

My "erroneous" research? Explain, Spock.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

My latest thread: Feel free to discount and disregard WHO's bulletin: The World Health Organization has issued a bulletin which confirms that Ebola can spread via indirect contact with contaminated surfaces and aerosolized droplets produced from coughing or sneezing.

"...wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus -- over a short distance -- to another nearby person," says a W.H.O. bulletin released this week. [1] "This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing..."

That same bulletin also says, "The Ebola virus can also be transmitted indirectly, by contact with previously contaminated surfaces and objects."

In other words, the WHO just confirmed what the CDC says is impossible -- that Ebola can be acquired by touching a contaminated surface.
edit on 10-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eNaR

The respirator is so they don't get puked on, sneezed on or coughed on. It is a "better safe than sorry" measure.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No, the CDC says the exact same thing...what is wrong with you? The CDC very clearly says it is DROPLET transmission, which is what you just quoted....

I thought you did research???

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It was my understanding that ATS promotes respectful discussion. Therefore, "what is wrong with you" seems inappropriate here. Now, on to the subject at hand: The CDC appears to not be adequately stressing that Ebola may be passed via a contaminated surface. This was the point of my post. Therefore, it might be better for you to ask the CDC what is wrong with them.
edit on 10-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Nothing is wrong with the CDC, they've been very clear on how its spread. Again, I thought you did a years worth of research??

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread, for the most part ATS is a pretty savvy bunch, and a "lame" thread is not going to garner over 100 flags.

To the person using terms like "you're trolling for attention" or "what is wrong with you", it seems like you're the one baiting people with classic ego/emotionally engaging terms, or you are just an immature individual. Anyway, I challenge you to make your argument without resorting to insults, negative inferences or passive aggression.

So I've read about half the thread, did the OP get any more revelations? Is the contact person still in the hospital? Thanks, I'm too lazy to read through the petty posts........

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Treated waste water typically goes into the nearest waterway. My husband works in the industry, and we were just talking about that the other day. Those operators come in contact with possibly contaminated materials on a daily basis. They don't wear biohazard suits either when they have a pump to pull a block away from the hospital. I've been concerned about this for some time anyway, and even more so now that I found this thread.

We all like to forget about what is just flushed away, but it still exists, and someone has to deal with it to make it go away. Anyone who has a possibility of coming in contact with any infected material should be educated and properly outfitted with the tools to at least lessen the chance of transmission. It's the only way to try and help stop any kind of spread.

jadedandcynical, thanks for this thread. The information within helps to make more sure decisions in the face of this. Best of luck to your family!
edit on 10-10-2014 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Check out the billboard, courtesy the Monrovia Corporation.
US Steps Up Actions in Liberia.

Jeez.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join