It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody watching baseball now? Why not?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have loved baseball for as long as I can remember, but I find myself not watch the playoffs since my team was eliminated back in april. I feel disappointed that I don't love it the way I used to. Hell I can't even explain why.
I will watch a football game between arm pit university and bald spot tech though.
Do any of you guys and gals feel this way or am I the only one?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

No doubt football is the new "American past time". I too was not watching baseball as much recently but my team the Royals are playing great and still in it.

So go figure Im watching baseball this year . So if your team was still in it you would probably be loving it too lol

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Cubs fan here

Besides the fact that my Cubs have sucked over the last century I have found baseball to be less interesting since they took PED's away. It's boring and slow. I did see they are going experiment in the AZ Fall League with ways to speed up the game.

This time of the year though I will watch playoff baseball. The one thing that sucks this year is you can't find the damn games, lol. They have games on Fox Sports 1 this year which is something new and half the people don't get that channel.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Yeah my father in law is pissed because he does not have cable and all the Royals games have been on TNT

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'd rather play sports than watch it. I'll suffer through them to cheer like a fool for the kids in my family, that's all.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

I feel you pain!
I'm a cubs fan to...

I think the games are not getting the ratings to be easy to find on tv.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I'm kinda pissed because I'm an O's fan and my cable company pulled TBS two days before the playoffs started and that's the only channel that carried the games...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

That's one of baseball's biggest problems. The old farts running the show are clueless. Hey I know how we can increase ratings,,, put the playoffs on cable so less people have access! That's gotta work.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Yeah, I'd be watching every one if I could. Now I have to depend on my kids to tell me the scores and update me on big plays, but it's not quite the same.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Absolutely. I watched the entire Cards game for the one shining offensive moment that gave them the lead! Took me back to my high school ball days and reminded me why I have always loved the sport so much. I will say this...I don't watch much until the playoffs get near and if the Cards are out I have little interest as well. This is one of my favorite times of the year as baseball offers some of the best games of the season, football is handing you big surprises on a weekly basis and the NASCAR Chase is in full swing!!! Go Cards, Bears and Kyle Busch!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Watching baseball on tv is as exciting as watching paint dry.

I've only experienced baseball live once. However going to the game was fun.
I got to do security and saw batting practice. That was neat seeing them all hit home runs from the soft pitches.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If the ancient Romans had had baseball,
they would have added it to the list of bread and circuses.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm a long time season ticket holder and always will be. Baseball is the only sport where I have a team I love. I do watch the NFL and NHL, and I enjoy college hoops, but I don't have a team I care about like I do my MLB team. That being said, the playoffs this season have been really exciting.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's just slow as hell, the players are constantly being ruined by the bad apples in the league, and it seems to have become all about money and image more than playing ball.

Granted, 3/4 of that can go for other pro sports as well, but at least things like football, soccer, hockey, etc., have things happening that keep the brain working instead of just staring at a pitcher, then a hitter, then a fielder. It just doesn't keep my brain occupied enough.
edit on 8-10-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Baseball is the cliche "I-hate-that-boring-sport" thing to get attacked. To me, it's still America's pastime and probably always will be.

Didn't the Giants and Nat'ls just play a nail-biting 18 inning game? That's what it's all about!

Maybe it has to be something you played as a kid. I grew up in a family of baseball players so I guess I'm biased. The 'roids thing was annoying, but what can ya do? Buy a hotdog and enjoy the game for what it is.

October is the most exciting time of the year for me: leaves are changing, weather is cooling, baseball playoffs, hockey seasons starts.

edit on 8-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The numbers disagree with you. NFL preseason games get better ratings than MLB playoff games. They have lost the younger audience.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
No BB for me. I haven't cared since my team no longer exists.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Damn Canadians! Lol

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Expo's were a helluva team. Can't get behind that T.O. team. Just doesn't feel right.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The numbers disagree with you. NFL preseason games get better ratings than MLB playoff games. They have lost the younger audience.

I wasn't exactly talking about ratings, but mostly the long history of the sport and its connotations and nostalgia etc. If you want to talk about ratings then yeah..I guess baseball is on the decline.

For some reason I just can't get into football though.

edit on 8-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join