It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duncans family doesn't appear to have ebola. Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

OK Last night I had a terrible sinking feeling about how long they plan to keep his body alive on Life Support? At what point does it become torture with the end results of Hemorrhagic Fever?

Ventilators, Dialysis... It had to be a frightening picture.

Did they continue to keep him alive to run courses of blood through him to gather contaminated samples to stream into others in the future or even to help create more contaminated antibodies and experimental's ?

Well weather he did this on purpose or not, may his restless soul find peace now.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Sadly as per news it said that "nobody wanted the family", nobody wanted to house them, because everybody was afraid of the infection.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I think the Spanish priest had a different strain

His family could be immune

Good point. I heard you are immune for 10 years after having it. How long as his girlfriend been in this country?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I just find it beyond credible that a city like Dallas has no spare accommodation available and has to rely on a private citizen to offer something.

The interview with the judge who is in charge of this incident in Dallas has him saying he made dozens of phone calls and no none volunteered to take them. Would you?

He finally called someone "in the faith" and they were stupid enough to comply. he told them, "There is no room at the inn".

Cha ching.

I wish I had the Rachel Madow link for that interview two nights ago… Believing in the media reports is like you said, problematic.

It bears out the problem with quarantines in the public arena. Suspected hosts should be quarantined by the state, not turned back into the population.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I just read that only 18% of infected people are showing the bleeding symptoms (nose, mouth, eyes) compared to a normal rate of 30-40%.

I'm wondering if this isn't exactly Ebola we're dealing with, but a mutated form that is similar.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Somewhere I read that he was a mail order groom found on the internet and this is the first time they really met.

a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That might have more to do with the hosts overall immunity and health. I can't say but it would seem the longer the body fights it the more ravaged it becomes. Those with a weaker immune response succumb sooner.

I can imagine those statistics being fueled by weaker immune systems in some of the poorer places in Africa…
edit on 8-10-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Why do some of y'all care if the family is in a gated community or not??? ANYONE can enter a gated community. All you have to do is sit there and wait for someone who lives there to enter the gate, then you just follow them in with your car before the gate shuts. At least that's how it works with pretty much ALL gated communities in my Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Marburg virus also shows symptoms of hemorrhagic fever, it could be.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I wonder if there is a test that can be done that would prove this either way. They are genetically similar viruses, correct?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yes, coming from the same region, HIV or SIC, Marburg and Ebola, all share similarities all showed up in humans about the same time, it kinds of open up a whole can of worms as tampering with the viruses by humans could have caused the cross species infection.

This is a site that shows comparison of both virus symptoms

www.rightdiagnosis.com...

They are almost identical.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I think that it may be various factors beside higher content of fat in the body, but also is the sanitary conditions, health care capabilities and a difference in diet.

US is after all the highest prescribed medications consumer, perhaps medications that are used to treat certain conditions can help treat others or keep viruses at bay.

We can not possibly tell until ebola gets under control in Africa and we in the US get minimal infections.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Since the family was ignorant enough about what exactly 'quarantine' means to go to the store and let their kids go to school before guards were posted or even wash the contaminated linens, I can imagine them just yakking away on social media about what's going on in their lives and since they aren't....

they've been relieved of any and all means of contacting the outside world and the lid has been shut down tight on both their ability to communicate and their whereabouts.

And what does that tell you?

All information will now be controlled by someone pretty high up in the hierarchy of lies, obsfucation, and propaganda.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Great post. We are a well developed nation and the affected countries in W. Africa are still third world countries. On top of it, Americans tend towards being perceived as OCD by the rest of the world. We're clean freaks and a borderline OCD nation compared to even a fellow developed country like Spain. Our penchant for clean has long been a butt of jokes but, when you look at the prevalence of most infectious diseases in comparison to the rest of the world (ie tuberculosis), we're looking pretty sharp.

Another major difference between the US and Africa is that we do not have an animal host reservoir for Ebola so really, the only source of infection would be someone infected by Ebola and that will be limited. We don't have to worry about coming into contact with a fruit bat or any other suspected reservoir. That limits the number of infections.

It is possible to successfully quarantine someone in a home even in the case of airborne transmission as well via isolation and mask. I had H1N1 for at least 10 days a few years back and, thanks to being extremely careful in quarantining (I didn't even handle their food packaging), neither of my children developed H1N1 despite my being their sole caregiver and in the home for the entirety of the infection. Scrupulous handwashing on the side of perhaps overboard and being given masks to wear by a doctor totally helped block infection of even an airborne disease in household members. Duncan's family most likely used extraordinary caution as well, like you said.

PS. Although we're chubbier, our diets are actually substantially better than most in W. Africa. Also another factor--HIV prevalence in Africa is very high. That makes for an extremely susceptible to infectious disease population.

edit on 8/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I just read that only 18% of infected people are showing the bleeding symptoms (nose, mouth, eyes) compared to a normal rate of 30-40%.

I'm wondering if this isn't exactly Ebola we're dealing with, but a mutated form that is similar.

Could be blood consistency as well. I'm not much of a bleeder. I need blood thinners. It's also been mentioned in myth busting articles that the bleeding out of all orafaces isn't exactly true.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join