It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Socrates...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
"I am confident in the belief that there truly is such a thing as living again, and that the living spring from the dead, and that the souls of the dead are in existence, and that the good souls have a better portion than the evil." — Socrates.

Do actions taken in the physical world carry consequences for our existence in the spiritual world?
- What is the relationship between the different realms?
- Do both good and evil exist in both realms?
- Can the hands of fate be forced?

Do these realms exist independently of each other, or can parts of our being exist in both at the same time?
- Are we one with our Soul?
- How does one make the transition from one to the other?
- Are there other forms of existence besides inside these two realms?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
There is only what is. There is nothing separate from anything as all is here right now. This is the soul (if there is one).
This.
This is all there will ever be but this constantly appears different.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What happens when we die, though?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The illusion of separateness dissolves.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Do these realms exist independently of each other…

The same realm. Your human filters are blocking access. if you were to see it all at once you would vaporize like a snow flake in a furnace. Gently…

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
hey, check out this awesome thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you will find your answers. Are they true? Well I believe that there is a lot of truth written in there. But as usual each being has it's own experience of the divine and can express those with words in very limited language. Because those answers transcends our language and it has to be experienced in order to "get it".

So if you truly want to know the truth you will have to search for it by yourself and no words or story describing this events will satisfy your desire for truth and it will only give you more questions.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
"I am confident in the belief that there truly is such a thing as living again, and that the living spring from the dead, and that the souls of the dead are in existence, and that the good souls have a better portion than the evil." — Socrates.

Do actions taken in the physical world carry consequences for our existence in the spiritual world?
- What is the relationship between the different realms?
- Do both good and evil exist in both realms?
- Can the hands of fate be forced?

Do these realms exist independently of each other, or can parts of our being exist in both at the same time?
- Are we one with our Soul?
- How does one make the transition from one to the other?
- Are there other forms of existence besides inside these two realms?

I'll skip the comments and try and keep this as focused on my own beliefs as possible.

To your first question: All things we do in this existence are meant to teach us something. To help us grow. The part that is often overlooked, is that 'We' are not these bodies, or these minds - 'We' are a far more brilliant being simply occupying this space for this time. It is the things that our 'spirit self' learns in this plane of existence, that likely determines what will come of us at another time. I believe We are all set here because we have This lesson to learn.
- The relationship between the varying planes of existence is something that I cannot define; as those planes of existence are likely far more numerous than I can even contemplate - but if I had to go out on a limb... I'd imagine the realm our 'spirit selves' truly inhabit to be ( imagery helps ) a massive library with an infinite number of books, and every page in every book is continuously being rewritten, and we all just happen to be 'reading' the same page in the same book at this very moment.
- I'm not particularly sure what 'two' realms you're referring to specifically, but Good and Evil may exist in realms other than ours, but it is almost assured that they have a very different meaning. Good and Evil - to our 'spirit selves' may simply be 'positive and negative particles' - if you would go so far as to consider our 'spirit selves' simply 'particles'.
- The hands of fate are what we decide they are. Circumstance can often be out of our control, but what comes of that circumstance is what I believe fate truly is. Free will determines fate. Your 'predetermined fate' may can be related to knowledge of what decisions you will make.

To your second question - the different 'realms' or 'planes of existence' are all intertwined by definition, presuming their existence. Consider that if they were not intertwined, we would have no feasible way to find them or prove their existence, and would have no notion of them.
- 'WE' Are our soul. 'We' ( as in You; your Soul ) are present, your body is present, and your thought is present. If your soul were not one with your mind and subsequently your body, you would be seeing this as a humanly incomprehensible flood of this entire plane of existence happening immediately before your 'eyes'.
- It is proposed that we slip into the awareness of our spirit selves when we sleep, or meditate. The transition is not particularly difficult with some training - coalescence is a far greater feat.
- Any other form of existence beyond what we see here will never be completely understandable in your life or my own - it is not meant to be. We are meant to embrace this time; but do not let me discourage you from seeking the above mentioned coalescence. Awareness in your spirits eye is likely possible; but I do not believe it is what you truly seek.

You make mention of 'Two' realms of existence - life and death I presume, but I would beg to impress the idea that life and death are simply life and a higher life. It is my belief that good and evil play a part in all of the potentially infinite realms of existence, but it is also my belief that 'heaven' or 'hell' are simply your next lives in whatever context best fits the lessons 'you' still seek; in our never-ending library.

May the force be with you.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

you can find the Answers to all that you are searching for here,

The Law of One

yours sincerly,
lluvensanger

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

I should be clear... All of my above blurb comes from personal experience and reflection on thoughts taught throughout the numerous theologies. I didn't source any of it from a website or book or anything other than perhaps some long winded conversations with friends reflecting on many of these topics.

new topics

top topics

join