originally posted by: Dark Ghost
"I am confident in the belief that there truly is such a thing as living again, and that the living spring from the dead, and that the souls of the
dead are in existence, and that the good souls have a better portion than the evil." — Socrates.
Do actions taken in the physical world carry consequences for our existence in the spiritual world?
- What is the relationship between the different realms?
- Do both good and evil exist in both realms?
- Can the hands of fate be forced?
Do these realms exist independently of each other, or can parts of our being exist in both at the same time?
- Are we one with our Soul?
- How does one make the transition from one to the other?
- Are there other forms of existence besides inside these two realms?
I'll skip the comments and try and keep this as focused on my own beliefs as possible.
To your first question: All things we do in this existence are meant to teach us something. To help us grow. The part that is often overlooked, is
that 'We' are not these bodies, or these minds - 'We' are a far more brilliant being simply occupying this space for this time. It is the things
that our 'spirit self' learns in this plane of existence, that likely determines what will come of us at another time. I believe We are all set here
because we have This lesson to learn.
- The relationship between the varying planes of existence is something that I cannot define; as those planes of existence are likely far more
numerous than I can even contemplate - but if I had to go out on a limb... I'd imagine the realm our 'spirit selves' truly inhabit to be ( imagery
helps ) a massive library with an infinite number of books, and every page in every book is continuously being rewritten, and we all just happen to be
'reading' the same page in the same book at this very moment.
- I'm not particularly sure what 'two' realms you're referring to specifically, but Good and Evil may exist in realms other than ours, but it is
almost assured that they have a very different meaning. Good and Evil - to our 'spirit selves' may simply be 'positive and negative particles' -
if you would go so far as to consider our 'spirit selves' simply 'particles'.
- The hands of fate are what we decide they are. Circumstance can often be out of our control, but what comes of that circumstance is what I believe
fate truly is. Free will determines fate. Your 'predetermined fate' may can be related to knowledge of what decisions you will make.
To your second question - the different 'realms' or 'planes of existence' are all intertwined by definition, presuming their existence. Consider
that if they were not intertwined, we would have no feasible way to find them or prove their existence, and would have no notion of them.
- 'WE' Are our soul. 'We' ( as in You; your Soul ) are present, your body is present, and your thought is present. If your soul were not one with
your mind and subsequently your body, you would be seeing this as a humanly incomprehensible flood of this entire plane of existence happening
immediately before your 'eyes'.
- It is proposed that we slip into the awareness of our spirit selves when we sleep, or meditate. The transition is not particularly difficult with
some training - coalescence is a far greater feat.
- Any other form of existence beyond what we see here will never be completely understandable in your life or my own - it is not meant to be. We are
meant to embrace this time; but do not let me discourage you from seeking the above mentioned coalescence. Awareness in your spirits eye is likely
possible; but I do not believe it is what you truly seek.
You make mention of 'Two' realms of existence - life and death I presume, but I would beg to impress the idea that life and death are simply life
and a higher life. It is my belief that good and evil play a part in all of the potentially infinite realms of existence, but it is also my belief
that 'heaven' or 'hell' are simply your next lives in whatever context best fits the lessons 'you' still seek; in our never-ending library.
May the force be with you.