It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dengue Fever Threatens China - so thats ebola, d68 and this all on the rampage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
link to one of many news articles

A total of 21,527 cases of Dengue Fever, the mosquito-borne virus were reported across 20 cities in the province by midnight on Sunday, a startling increase from the 10,743 cases that made headlines on September 27.

So far, six people are confirmed to have died from the disease. Officials in Guangzhou described containment of the disease as an "extremely challenging prevention effort," according to SCMP.
The number of mosquitoes is also said to have increased five-fold.

Companies and schools are now putting quarantine measures in place, and Guangzhou has launched a campaign to clean pooled water where mosquitos thrive.

Around 80 percent of dengue cases in the country have been seen in Guangdong.
There is currently no vaccine available for dengue.

So we have the enterovirus for the americas, ebola for africa and now dengue fever in asia, wonder what we getting in europe - or is it a piece of each.
Some african swine fever in latvia area and of course ebloa is now in spain and seems to be popping up all over the place as expected.
edit on 8-10-2014 by johnb because: typo (i noticed)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb
makes me wonder if all this warming is allowing more things like this to thrive

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The scary thing is that nature is not alone in the spreading of these diseases. And the increased spreading of them via modern transportation means is child's play to what is quite easily logical and possible. The more virulent diseases can be hand-carried. Imagine a terrorist from Africa gets to the southern border of the US, he uncorks a vial swallows the contents and steps across informally or officially at the border with phony papers. At that point, it makes little difference if he is apprehended by the border patrol or not.

Let 21 of those terrorists, (as in 9/11) cross the border and fan out to the best of their abilities, then you have an instant problem far beyond the rhetoric we hear from government and healthcare professionals who speak only of the expected possibilities of transmission. What about the terrorists method of providing and provoking the unexpected?

edit on 8-10-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Didn't I recently read somewhere that Bill Gates project released somewhere GMO Dengue fever mosquitoes in large numbers

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
link

There are already an estimated 12 million Americans suffering from life-threatening or debilitating infections such as Chagas disease, dengue fever or West Nile virus. "Ebola helps us realise we are a global planet: the health of one region affects the rest of us," says Julie Jacobson, senior programme officer for infectious diseases at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Mike Turner, head of infection and immunobiology at the Wellcome Trust, says that "almost certainly, Ebola will increase the visibility" of tropical diseases.

The worst Ebola outbreak in history has infected more than 6,500 people, mainly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the outbreak an international health emergency, warning that the deadly virus could infect up to 20,000 people by November. When last week a man was hospitalised with the disease in Dallas, Texas, it was the first case diagnosed outside Africa.

Manhattan is now regularly sprayed from the air with pesticide to counter another mosquito-borne disease, West Nile virus, which is potentially fatal. Chagas, which can cause heart damage and can be cured in its early stages, affects an estimated 300,000 Americans. Two parasitic worm infections found widely in the US affect the brain: cysticercosis, which has emerged as a significant cause of epilepsy, and toxocariasis.
But other tropical diseases are much less well known. Dengue fever (also known as breakbone fever), which kills an estimated 20,000 people each year, including many children, has become the fastest-growing tropical disease globally. French drugmaker Sanofi has developed a vaccine with a 60% success rate that will be on the market next year after two decades of research. Mexico, Brazil and Colombia could be the first to market the vaccine.

Unlike treatments for many other tropical diseases it is expected to become a commercial blockbuster, with annual sales of more than €1bn.

Those are some worrying numbers

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I am very surprised that China have dengue fever, when dengue fever is common mostly in tropical Islands or where the weather is warmer.

I contracted dengue fever in my Island in PR, dengue like the flu have similar symptoms, but while one is airborne the other one is only by the dengue mosquito

One attacks the nervous system the flu attacks the respiratory system.

I was only 14 when I contracted the virus and I remember that the fever was consuming me, also my entire body felt like gelatin, my father had to carry me to the car to go to the emergency room, but I recuperated with not side effects like most people.

Now we have the new virus, in the Island, Chikuncuya this one can be transmitted either by the dengue mosquito or the Chikuncuya African mosquito.

I visited the Island a month ago and this virus is an epidemic in the Caribbean, it causes devastating body pains and swelling of joins that can last up to a year.

My sister contracted this virus and was still recuperating from it, you can tell somebody had the Chikuncuya because they will be limping and hurting.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

The scary thing is that nature is not alone in the spreading of these diseases. And the increased spreading of them via modern transportation means is child's play to what is quite easily logical and possible. The more virulent diseases can be hand-carried. Imagine a terrorist from Africa gets to the southern border of the US, he uncorks a vial swallows the contents and steps across informally or officially at the border with phony papers. At that point, it makes little difference if he is apprehended by the border patrol or not.

Let 21 of those terrorists, (as in 9/11) cross the border and fan out to the best of their abilities, then you have an instant problem far beyond the rhetoric we hear from government and healthcare professionals who speak only of the expected possibilities of transmission. What about the terrorists method of providing and provoking the unexpected?

So 21 trained men from the government's secret cabal situationally placed to start a pandemic on a grander scale than Tuskeegee? Especially since all terrorists are connected to the School of the Americas, like Al Qaieda.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I am very surprised that China have dengue fever, when dengue fever is common mostly in tropical Islands or where the weather is warmer.

I contracted dengue fever in my Island in PR, dengue like the flu have similar symptoms, but while one is airborne the other one is only by the dengue mosquito

One attacks the nervous system the flu attacks the respiratory system.

I was only 14 when I contracted the virus and I remember that the fever was consuming me, also my entire body felt like gelatin, my father had to carry me to the car to go to the emergency room, but I recuperated with not side effects like most people.

Now we have the new virus, in the Island, Chikuncuya this one can be transmitted either by the dengue mosquito or the Chikuncuya African mosquito.

I visited the Island a month ago and this virus is an epidemic in the Caribbean, it causes devastating body pains and swelling of joins that can last up to a year.

My sister contracted this virus and was still recuperating from it, you can tell somebody had the Chikuncuya because they will be limping and hurting.

Islands that are primarily comprised of minorities of African descent.

The US has been busy since being busted for Tuskeegee in the 1970s.

new topics

top topics

join