It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Could Have Just Written A Ticket... He Chose To Do Something Else Entirely

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
And what else is going on in this little township?

O yea a cop on paid suspension. After sexual assault times two

A ten year vet... where was this "good cop " when needed?

sounds like someone needed some good press

And for 50 bucks that's money well spent

story
edit on am1020143102America/ChicagoWed, 08 Oct 2014 02:31:03 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

O yea a cop on paid suspension. After sexual assault of two

story

Exactly my point.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

O yea a cop on paid suspension. After sexual assault of two

story

Not all cops are crammed into one vehicle 24 hours a day to see what each other are doing constantly. Would we rather have the few good cops all leave so all that are left are the ones that need to be put out on the arse immediately?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

O yea a cop on paid suspension. After sexual assault times two

sounds like someone needed some good press

And for 50 bucks that's money well spent

story

We can all find negativity if we wish. Presenting a positive isn't turning a blind-eye to any wrong-doing. To attribute this officer's good deed to anything else that arises from the area, is just wanting everything to be bad so it fits your view of the world (in my opinion).

From the link provided, how can you say with absolution that the officer who committed a good deed would have known about this officer who committed a horrendous deed?

You are just pissed at the world and it is understandable.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Maybe they should clean their own house?

That's what a good cop would do

But no...

they tow the line and look the other way when it comes to their own

a good cop who looks the other way is a bad cop

Period

edit on am1020143102America/ChicagoWed, 08 Oct 2014 02:36:00 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This man and people like him are more abundant that we all realise. The negatives nancys in life are just louder and more demanding of our attention.

I could hug him.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
This man and people like him are more abundant that we all realise. The negatives nancys in life are just louder and more demanding of our attention.

I could hug him.

I agree.

I could've hugged him as well. When threads like this pop up, it almost seems that some people wish that they were never seen doing anything worth a damn. They seem to prefer watching people being tazed, shot, beaten, and killed so they can say "I told you so". I don't understand that line of thinking. I am grateful for the good ones out there and wish they got more credit than they do.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

And you know this cop (in the OP story) turned the other way to the other cop (the bad one)? Or are you just eternally pissed at the world?
edit on 8-10-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

And you know this cop (in the OP story) turned the other way to the other cop (the bad one)? Or are just eternally pissed at the world?

I'm going with the second option Alex, for the win.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Police protect their own

I'm sorry that was a general statement about police and not a direct statement about these two officers
(A good cop who looks the other way is a bad cop quote)

But notice they had to bring in outside cops to arrest him...

I wonder why that is..

and yes I dislike police immensely. I'm currently battling some because they don't like me sleeping in my van

But as I'm homeless and park at work well it shouldn't bother them.. I'm just trying to survive

But after nine months I did a good deed and tried to stop some theives (I got back I've 4k in merchandise they were stealing)

Did I get a pat on the back? No I was honest when they ask me where I lived

and now I'm being harassed

So I trust nothing any officer does

And again for 50 bucks they get the assaults out of the headlines and this cop gets the township some good press

Sounds like a snow job to me

edit on am1020143102America/ChicagoWed, 08 Oct 2014 02:55:38 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

It is true that bad apples are spoiling bunch; I don't think anyone here is denying that at all. Maybe it is my positive outlook, but the fact that the department (or in this case, another officer) found the injustice and reigned it in; I find that a win in my book.

Should more be done to ensure we have the highest quality of citizens becoming officers? Absolutely. Should we hold them accountable? Yes sir! Should we spoil this moment of kindness and application of "protect and serve" by highlighting what we already know to piss poor service by our police? I think not.

Your situation aside, I just cannot see why we need to bring all the bad into that should be held up as an example.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
With all of the horrible stories in the news about police lately, it is nice to hear about a good officer. It has gotten to the point with the bad issues that I am terrified of being pulled over, despite knowing that I am not doing anything to get pulled over for.

Yet, in the 22 years that I've been driving, I've only been pulled over a couple of times. One was 10 or so years ago for speeding and, while I was speeding and deserved the ticket, the cop actually apologized to me for having to write it and urged me to please just be careful in the future. The second time was this past 4th of July. I was driving my family back from a celebration at my parents place and I was pulled over for a headlight being out. The light had just been replaced the day before by my husband and I told the officer that. He explained that it was likely that a wire had come loose and explained to my husband, who was riding passenger, how to fix it so that the wires would stay put and then told us to have a nice night and watch out for any other cars on the road who might have done too much celebrating and sent us on our way.

On top of that, I have had another time, back when I was about 20, when I was pulled over on the side of the road with a flat tire. This was before I was married and the boy that I was dating at the time was out of town, it was about 1:30 or 2 in the morning and I didn't want to call and wake my dad up to come rescue me, especially since I was about 45 minutes away from their house and nearly back to my apartment in a different town, but I was in trouble and stuck because, while I do know how to change a flat, I had just found out that I don't have the physical strength to actually do so. An officer pulled up and stopped, I explained my dilemma and he took my tools, got down on the ground and fixed me up and got me on my way as good as new.

All of my encounters were positive, even the one when I actually was in the wrong, but it is hard to remember those good interactions sometimes after reading so many other stories of police abusing their power. It is really a nice reminder that there are some truly wonderful officers out there and they do deserve to be recognized for their helpful good actions.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Wrong again

She couldn't go to his department

Newschannel 3 talked to Emmett Township Police Chief Mike Olson about the charges Wednesday night.

"I was notified by the Michigan Department of State Police on Monday that they had opened an investigation," he said. "We certainly told them at that juncture that we would cooperate fully."

story

Notice the words

"At that juncture that we would cooperate fully"

Implying that before that juncture there was less than full cooperation

Get my drift?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

nice story ....more good news like this would be nice

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: haviahabia
How is the lady gonna learn the responsibilities of life if she keeps getting bailed out? That is the problem with liberals, they don't make people take responsibility. The lady endangered the kid and she should get a ticket and have the kid taken from her. These people can't learn unless you show them with force and consequences.

Wow. You are clueless..

I grew up in a time where there were no seatbelt laws let alone car seat laws.
Guess what, I made it...

Screw laws... Screw good intent, and screw what "you" think is best for me or anyone..

This cop made a good decision. This is rare, so feel lucky.

Are you so content to live in a world where every aspect of your life needs to be legislated..?? Are you that dim witted??
Are you not capable of good judgement?
Sounds like you are the big government liberal. Not the lady in question.
Fail.
Troll.
edit on 8-10-2014 by defuntion because: Eta... Yes, I am grumpy.. Have a headache.
you made it worse.. But carry on. And have a good day.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed. Thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join