It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the American People Incorporated, would we be 'too big to fail'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We, the people have no lobbyists in DC. If a citizen calls his/her Representative about an issue such as Health Care or Social Security, we rarely even get a response. But Big Corporation Lobbyists are rarely turned away.

There is no point in denying it, money talks in DC and the people have been outspent. And even when these powerful corporations fail, we get the bill because we are told they are too big to fail.

Why aren't the American People 'too big to fail'? Who will pay the bills for us? Shouldn't it be even more important to keep the American people afloat, those who pay the bills, who keep the country's engine running, than a single Corporation no matter how big it is?

It's nice to say we have rights, but do we, really? Corporations are far more powerful than the people. The government has a lot more respect for Corporations, no matter how badly they fail, than they do for the American people.

But what if the American People became a giant corporation? Would that make them 'too big to fail', also?

We need to get Congress working for the people again. Calling, faxing, emailing, signing petitions even visiting DC doesn't work because they seem to think we are dispensable, not important, more of an annoyance to them than anything else.

Maybe we've been doing it all wrong. Acting like we live in a democracy, thinking we are represented by those we elect. The evidence shows that our government is far more influenced by Corporations than by citizens.

If we can't beat them, why not join them? The U.S. Government is now trained to respond to lobbyists for Big Business rather than citizens, so if citizens were a huge Corporation, wouldn't they start thinking more about keeping us afloat, giving us bail-outs when we are failing, passing bills that would benefit our Corporation, etc?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

apparently you are not aware that some already believe the U.S. to be a corporation already and that it's citizens are propertyof that corporation.

they say that's why the social security system was set up. you become propr

edit on 7-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Robber barons have been the bane of democracy since the time of our founding fathers. They came to escape moneyed interests and aristocracy but the power of money is hard to escape from.

Once every few generations they must be reined in. When the time came for the baby boomers to do it they were made so comfortable and complacent they handed over the country to the robber barons because they were swayed by a celebrity turned president and corporate shill. It's been getting worse every since.

The American people are kept powerless by crafted issues which preserve infighting. Today though they barely need that. The American people keep the blame game running all on their own. No one ever blames the rich except a small minority. That's just proof of how effective the brainwashing was. At least we're ready for it. We've been swamped with dystopia in the media for the last decade. They've prepped us well for fascism. They learned from the Nazis how to do it right.
edit on 7-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni

We, the people have no lobbyists in DC. If a citizen calls his/her Representative about an issue such as Health Care or Social Security, we rarely even get a response. But Big Corporation Lobbyists are rarely turned away.

The People do incorporate in many instance; AARP, PETA, United Way, Red Cross, NRA, etc., etc. Your thought isn't all that bad though. Start up a private corporation of people and lobby Congress. It is not only money that speaks, but numbers and numbers that specifically speak to reelection that moves Washington.

Maybe we've been doing it all wrong. Acting like we live in a democracy, thinking we are represented by those we elect. The evidence shows that our government is far more influenced by Corporations than by citizens.

Well yeah, we don't necessarily live in a democracy; rather a democratic-republic. Thinking that Washington is the cure to all our ails has put us in this situation. The idea was that issues would be handled locally if possible, but the worship of politics and a vast central Government has placed us in this. Realizing that local issues can be handled locally, rather than involving a Congressman(woman) is only inviting a larger and more intrusive State.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That's actually not a bad idea. Great out-of-the-box thinking you have there.

How's this.......

the
Independence
and
Rights
Overview
for the
New
Year

IRONY Inc.
( More name suggestions are welcome )

I'm sure there are more than enough business minded people here and in America who would not only think this is a good idea, but would know how to implement it as well.

edit on 8-10-2014 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2014 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

I'm sure there are more than enough business minded people here and in America who would not only think this is a good idea, but would know how to implement it as well.

That's why I've put this out. I know there are people here on ATS that are experienced with this sort of thing. I'm hoping that some of them will read this and give their opinion on feasibility and/or offer advice on how to implement it.

edit: Some names I've thought about are Americans, inc. or The People, inc. That way, Congress could be persuaded to pass laws that benefit Americans, or The People.

edit on 10/8/2014 by N3k9Ni because: Eta

edit on 10/8/2014 by N3k9Ni because: doing this on the phone is not easy

edit on 10/8/2014 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

edit on 10/8/2014 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The AARP is one of (if not the) largest lobbying groups in the nation. It isn't a corporation but an organization that represents senior citizens.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It's simple enough to get an LLC and non profit status.

org.enom.com...

Write up a mission statement, get a board of directors, set up an account in a credit union, Sign up as many members as you can, get certified as a lobbyist and represent us. It might also be prudent to have an attorney on retainer.

There is a tax payers union but they sadly have little power....usually old geezers like the Tparty with no motivation.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thank you for that information. I'm not a business minded person. I'm just groping in the dark here

I'll take a look at the links you provided.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We should all incorporate as one entity and do it as a limited liability corporation!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That's a good idea.. the corporation of the people. It can be funded and managed like crowd sourcing online.

That would be great if the people can become organized enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

People have started doing it. This is why the left hates Citizens United. It's also what the IRS scandal was all about.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The U.S. was founded by businessmen for the benefit of businessmen.

The U.S. just carried on from what the 13 British Colonies began. It was all about profit and gain.

Simple's

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I can tell you yearn for solutions. I've been in your boat for awhile now. Consider looking into cooperatives and joining with like-minded individuals to turn the once for-profit businesses into cooperative business models where the average worker benefits and the monies generated stay locally. This is the most viable solution to this mess at current. Although, the cooperative model has been limited in many states, because it threatens the ability of single owner and shareholder for-profit corporations, its model is in-line with correcting some of the injustices in our current structure of society.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I had this discussion with a military guy.

You can say in a sense - Gov't *is* big business. They are not necessarily here to help people.

This is not exclusive to the US.

edit on 11-10-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join