It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained extraterrestrial phenomena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have been reading the aliens UFO forums quite a bit here on ATS and also have looked at thousands of pictures and videos of extraterrestrials and UFO on different parts of internet in the past few years.

All pictures or videos are pretty much always proved to be false, fakes, rocks, image artifacts or just plain ridiculous. I would find it amazing if they existed but just never come across any evidence that made me go wow, this one is interesting.

does anyone know or could point me to pictures or videos that have not been able to be proved not to be extraterrestrials or UFO if such things exist. Pictures that have been tested and just could not be explained. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
In the age of photoshop and CGI, photo and video evidence will never be enough.

I believe because I've seen something up close with my own eyes that was undeniably unnatural. I was not alone so my sighting was confirmed as being more than a hallucination or mistaken identity.

I don't know for sure that it was extraterrestrial but it certainly wasn't anything currently known about and I lean more toward the extradimensional theory.

edit on 10/7/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Never had that chance. Went looking for things in spooky places said to be haunted ( almost all the ones in Quebec, Ontario, Maine and New York). Called different entities using different methods found online, but unfortunately could never see anything with my own eye. That was for ghosts, spirits and demons, since they would be easier for me to find than aliens. Seems that pictures and videos is all I will ever get.

I just wish there was more, would be so amazing if these things existed!
edit on 102014Tuesdaypm1031Tue, 07 Oct 2014 22:27:23 -0500America/Chicagov27 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize
I can't answer your question directly, although I think the poster above me answered it quite well--as I happen to agree that photographic evidence is no longer enough, even if it ever really was.

But I would like to speak to something else in your OP, that cognitively, for everyone, is important to understand before going any further in attempting to address the phenomenon. And that is in reply to this:

does anyone know or could point me to pictures or videos that have not been able to be proved not to be extraterrestrials or UFO if such things exist.

UFO: Unidentified Flying Object

The phenomenon clearly and indisputably exists, as there are almost always objects which are unidentified by someone on the ground.

Other than to say that many of us have evidently experienced not being able to identify something flyling above us (and I mean actually, here, not some ambiguous analogy for something else and some other agenda, entirely).

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

There is no one thing that will be proof on the face of it. As stated, no photo, video or piece of charred metal will do the trick. Validation must be the confirming proof, And by design, science and government hold that position and they ain't gonna let it go.

I would advise you to simply read the early books about flying saucers/UFOs and how the government reacted to them and make up your own narrative. Many of us have had actual experiences in one way or another with the ETs and we are convinced of their legitimacy. As for those like yourself just want to KNOW the single truth of the reality of UFOs/ET, simply look at what science is doing todays as it has turned 360 degrees around from where it was in 1947, the time of Roswell. The search for other earth-like planets is a hot topic these days with new reports coming out about every week. Stop and wonder, why is that? What possible benefit to could the results of the planet-finding satellite, Kepler, have to aid science today? The only relative reason is to provide substance for the eventual announcement that life has been found "out there." That, then, will drastically shorten the distance (no pun intended) between alien planets with life to recognizing the UFOs as local evidence for the same. that, then,is the world's governments way of easing the transition one tiny bit of scientific data at a time.

You are already caught up in the mythology of the UFO as evidenced with your interest and studies. That is not an accident, but the exact plan that has been the goal all along. The ETs are in no hurry and getting the mass of humans on this planet up to speed. It is no overnight task to change societies, cultures, religions and governments. They have patience in creating for us a living myth about themselves that we can wonder about, study about, talk socially about and eventually decide that there is probably life out there, and it probably can come here.

Understand, that is miles and miles away from where the human race was in its acceptance of such things in 1947 when UFOs appeared in this modern era.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I too have seen things that cannot be explained and was not done by humans.

Ghost: Had an encounter while babysitting at a house in a small rural county. At 15 I didn't believe in such things but one night at this house I became a believer.

Spirits/demons: Another encounter at the age of 19. This one scared me for years to come. I was too scared to lock my doors for fear of not being able to get out.

UFO's: seen a few. Our southern county town is on the Ohio river next to the Shawnee Forest, A group of us as young adults while we were out for a joy ride seen something that was over the river hovering. We stopped and were watching it and it came right over us and hovered for a few minutes before it shot up out of sight within a few seconds.

Crop circles: seen one of these too out my back door in the adjoining corn field. I called my neighbor immediately to tell him there was some kind of circle in his field and the corn looked like it had been spun down in a circular motion. The old farmer farmed quite a bit of ground and he told me that they were pretty common around here and this wasn't the first one he has had.

Even though I have seen or witness some of these things it is still hard for me to believe. Its not something that you really talk about and most of my old friends have either passed on or have left this small community. The are a few that are still here and when ever we do see each other (very seldom) and the sebject is brought up its just something we now laugh about. To this day I still do not know what I seen or the strange happenings that happened, I just know it was not something from this world or anything that belonged in my reality.

OP, I too wish you could see or experience what so many of us have. Problem is you still will not have any answers and you will spend the rest of your life questioning what you just experienced.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

You are totally right, was meaning to say flying saucer and not ufo, its always the image i have in mind when saying ufo.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The following was reportedly filmed over Nellis and seems to be authentic. Occam's would say military craft/drone but, whatever the heck it is, this is the top one for me that makes my imagination go wild:

edit on 7-10-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

lots of the videos could have been faked by talented video editor its just curious why someone would fake ufo videos or anything else for that matter unless there was an obvious profit/result to be made somewhere for doing so
some if not most reports are probably true

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I can't convince you UFO's and aliens are real, however, there a few core reasons I believe in them. One is the plethora of UFO's and alien images in historical art and cave paintings. The art/cave paintings also depict similar looking beings and craft as well. Here is a good link.
link

Also, the stories told by ppl in the military/nasa of ufo encounters. A few names that come to mind are Gordon Cooper, Edgar Mitchell, Charles Hall and Bob Dean.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
I have been reading the aliens UFO forums quite a bit here on ATS and also have looked at thousands of pictures and videos of extraterrestrials and UFO on different parts of internet in the past few years.

All pictures or videos are pretty much always proved to be false, fakes, rocks, image artifacts or just plain ridiculous. I would find it amazing if they existed but just never come across any evidence that made me go wow, this one is interesting.

does anyone know or could point me to pictures or videos that have not been able to be proved not to be extraterrestrials or UFO if such things exist. Pictures that have been tested and just could not be explained. Thank you.

I think you should re-examine your premise. You state that all pictures and videos have been proven false. That is not the case. Just saying that something is a bird, or a plane, or photoshop, or a rock, or swamp gas doesn't make it true. It may be a likely explanation, it may be a possible explanation, or it may be a totally ludicrous explanation. You have to balance it with things like witnesses, atmospheric conditions, radar, etc.

That being the case, there are many photos and videos that have not been proven not to be extraterrestrial or UFO. You just have to make the best judgement base on what you know and what you believe to be likely.

This site has a lot of good photos and videos UFO Casebook

One of my favorite cases is The Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter

No photos, no videos, just pure witness testimony. To me, this case comes down to just two possibilities. Either these people are lying, or they saw what they said they saw. Considering the people involved, which is more likely?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Dear Golantrevize

I have never seen a video or photo that one could not explain away and if there where such a thing the game as they say would be over.

However I have seen something that can not be explained and I have read & listened to way too many first hand accounts from credible people to give any other conclusion other than they are here.

So to conclude there is no proof positive but there is a very great deal of credible evidence.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
A Canadian Airforce officer took a shot or maybe two of a disc over western Canada from his f 86 sabre jet.....
This was of course long ago...maybe 55 or earlier....
The best UFO shots are the old brownie and film shots like Mc Minville Oregon or northern Vancouver island....
maybe the Vancouver city hall OFO shot from the 30s too.....
When you get modern you get too much ability to fake stuff....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Look for old UFO story's and pictures. I trust next to nothing nowadays, if you go back in time the disinformation was not as bad as it is today.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Just a note: There is a huge difference between calling something a genuine UNKNOWN flying object and calling something "extraterrestrial."

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: Answer

Never had that chance. Went looking for things in spooky places said to be haunted ( almost all the ones in Quebec, Ontario, Maine and New York). Called different entities using different methods found online, but unfortunately could never see anything with my own eye. That was for ghosts, spirits and demons, since they would be easier for me to find than aliens. Seems that pictures and videos is all I will ever get.

I just wish there was more, would be so amazing if these things existed!

Believe me or not, that's up to you.
When I was younger I saw 2 daytime ufos on two separate occasions. One was from my bedroom window and close enough to shoot. If I'd had a camera, it would have been a great picture.
As for spirits, I've had several very obvious encounters... Lights manifesting in front of me, things physically interacting with me (one time something actually moved my car while I was sitting in it), the sound of war drums appearing all around me... Personally, I know such things are real.

Maybe pictures and videos is all you'll ever get. But remember this: If you go into the woods looking for a bobcat, chances are you won't see it. But that doesn't mean it isn't there. The bobcat still exists whether you see it or not.
edit on 10/8/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"Aliens" are considered the worst kept secret for a reason... if they existed and the government was "covering it up" as is claimed, it would be the biggest failure in government history...

UFO lore is the land of hypocrisy. When someone works for the government and says they dont have any evidence of aliens, they're "untrustworthy" or lying. When someone who works for the government says they know aliens exist, suddenly they're trustworthy...

If a CIA guy tells you anything, why would you believe it? Simply, because it confirms your bias, what you already believe. Keep in mind the old phrase, "those who know dont speak, those who speak dont know".

I dont think real proof CAN come out, because it doesnt exist, at least in the supposed manner.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Maybe pictures and videos is all you'll ever get. But remember this: If you go into the woods looking for a bobcat, chances are you won't see it. But that doesn't mean it isn't there. The bobcat still exists whether you see it or not.

But what evidence do you have that this bobcat exist? Absolutely none. You saying that something exist is not evidence of it existing. In fact, I would claim that its a lie to claim that something exists based on the fact that "it exist whether you see or not". This little statement would basicly prove *everything*. Aliens? Yeah they exist whether you see them or not. Darth Vader? Yeah he exist (but possibly a long, long time ago). Darth Vader still exist whether you see him or not.

Anyway, I have yet to find any real credible evidence of aliens on these forums. The older encounter stories are by far more interesting than the 1000% zoomed pixels that make a small square into a alien sitting on a toilet while painting Mona Lisa but still, its just stories. Few of them have something to show in the end. Most "UFOs", pictures and videos, are just plain ridiculous. Half of them you cant even tell if its flying and the other half usually have zero intelligence behind them. So many fakes, so many that could easily be planes or similar objects. A dead giveaway is always that if the youtube clip got music, its fake. 100% of the time, completely dismissable. I always laugh at the "OMG IS THIS REAL?!" clips that show up which have a production company. Yeaaah... that's not really credible. Regarding all the martian and moon "anomalies", they're 99.9% rocks. Seriously. Its rocks. Yes, some of them are interesting enough to make me think "hey I wish the rover had driven up to that rock and taken an HD picture!" but until that happen... they're still rocks. Few - if any - "anomalies" survive the high resolution satellite image test.

But hey, I still lurk this forums in the hope of finding something, someday that made it all worth it. This page will still be around 50 years from now, right?
edit on 8-10-2014 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

There are bucket loads of threads here about what you want
Seek and you should find

top topics

join