It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Public Schools Introduce Islam" In Mississippi

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

You're a tool. They are allowed to teach about Islam and make children draw pictures of the Islamic Moon, and the quaran and mosques, but there are kids in other schools who are being told they are not allowed to read a #ing bible on his own during lunch?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

I think fear is a strong word to use. How about, 'distaste' for some of their practices, instead?

By the way, Timothy Mcveigh didn't kill people in the name of any christianity.

Distaste for practices is a benevolent position to take and fits my position on many of the worlds cultural practices.

However, knowing what I know about Islams origin and the versus in the unsupported hadiths being used to paint broad brush strokes across Islam is very telling to the true agenda. No where in the quran does it say kill non believers. Versus have been plucked out of context and used as crutches to support hatefulness diatribes across the countries.

Nobody is killing anyone "in the name" of their religion.

People are killing in response to the occupation of their land and the war against its people.

AAC

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

You're a tool. They are allowed to teach about Islam and make children draw pictures of the Islamic Moon, and the quaran and mosques, but there are kids in other schools who are being told they are not allowed to read a #ing bible on his own during lunch?

Where are there schools telling people not yo read bible in school? My nephew takes his bible to school everyday. In fact, they have bible study groups after school.

Why don't you learn something instead of getting your false info off Facebook memes.

AAC

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I grew up in a district on Long Island that didn't allow that and they actually would tell kids "We don't do that here." if someone prayed.

However, several Muslim students were always allowed to share their culture and beliefs with us. However, many of the Christian students felt slighted and the school board seemed to think they were being fair and tolerant.

There's many schools like this. What ever happened to tolerance? Teaching respect for one faith over another is intolerant.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I grew up in a district on Long Island that didn't allow that and they actually would tell kids "We don't do that here." if someone prayed.

However, several Muslim students were always allowed to share their culture and beliefs with us. However, many of the Christian students felt slighted and the school board seemed to think they were being fair and tolerant.

There's many schools like this. What ever happened to tolerance? Teaching respect for one faith over another is intolerant.

I question what you mean by "several muslim students were always allowed to share their culture and beliefs."

Is that because people are different and the kids were questioning them? Or is it that they excused them from class to go pray?

It's been my understanding that people are making mountains out of moles on this Islam school tolerance subject.

AAC

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Honestly I don't remember them leaving to pray but I remember them being very rude to kids in the classes over their beliefs. One of the big problems was one Muslim student was allowed to wear her headwrap in the school when hats of all kinds were forbidden.

However, children were not allowed to wear any shirts depicting Christianity. No crucifixes, no rosaries.

The Muslim students were consistently absent for 3 months at a time due to their trips to Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. Now I know this hardly impacts you because you're assuming it's cherrypicked facts out of bigotry but realize I was a complete atheist all my life up until a few years ago so at the time I thought it was unfair even though it personally did not affect me.

We were always taught about Islam in history classes. Christianity was not allowed to be spoken of.

This was the late 90s, it's even worse today. And it's complete hypocrisy. They did not accommodate the students they let them run wild. My gf who is Muslim by birth but a practicing Jew tells me it was much the same in her school, her mother did not practice so she did not practice either. She merely noticed it as I and many others do.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000
You dont have a clue how dangerous is Islam.Maybe it´s too late?
5 years old video

Reminiscent of Idiocracy.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
Nobody is killing anyone "in the name" of their religion.

People are killing in response to the occupation of their land and the war against its people.

That isn't true, though - is it? I'm not trying to come across as being rude, I just want to be succinct.

Those big black Islamic State flags representing Islamic State are a dead giveaway.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

One of the big problems was one Muslim student was allowed to wear her headwrap in the school when hats of all kinds were forbidden.

I will support the removal of teaching ALL religion in school, but this is too much.

There is no comparison between a "hat" and a Muslim female covering her hair. It's a cultural and religious practice that is a core belief to some and does not play a part in the Islamification of our society. Same as wearing a Kippah is not a "hat" and is not pushing Judaism on our kids.

Having the kids "practice" Muslims prayers, teaching any religion is the "one true God", or having the kids take communion is a serious no-go and it should be.

Allowing a kid to follow their religion and pushing religion on others are two very different things.

Sorry if I'm ranting, long day.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

They are killing in the name of religion. However the ones ordering the killings are using religion to manipulate these people. So yeah they are killing in the name of religion but not the faith, simply because they've been manipulated by TPTB.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You know what? I think you just summed this whole #ing mess up right there.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Rules are rules and should be for everybody, or nobody.

If a kid turned up to that school with an "I love Jesus" ribbon in their hair they would be asked to remove it because christianity isn't considered serious for some reason - it's the boring cousin.

If a few christians started blowing things up - Jesus ribbons for everyone!

This isn't even to mention that hypocrisy of niqab in banks when I can't wear my comfy and cosy balaclava.

edit on 9-10-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: edit for spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The point is the symbol of her religion was allowed, meanwhile crosses, Stars of David, etc were not allowed because it was "disrespectful".

It's hypocrisy and we're calling it out like it is because people are tired of the double standards.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

How about other religions? Why is this one getting special attention? Better ask yourself that question. Put all religions in the mix and throw evolution in there so a child can make up their own mind. You better be countering the indoctrination at home.

Separation of church and state my ass.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I don't remember nearly so much angst against catechism when I was in school. Lots of kids were released for half the day and were bused to another building for it (in public school buses). I was in public schools in Detroit at the time. Granted Roman Catholics weren't the "evil du jour".

Covering one's hair for the sake of religion and wearing a hat for your favorite whatever are worlds apart. Even the most rabid hater of Islam has to see that.

We went through the same issue in the Army for awhile. Shorts and T-shirts during PT were against the rules for our Muslim troops. So, they had to wear pants and long sleeves. Didn't mean they were "special", it just meant we weren't a-holes.

Proselytizing and practicing are different things.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The star and crescent are the symbols of Islam not the hijab.

You are comparing a choice to what is basically a "sin". Do Jews and Christians have to wear symbols according to their religion? No, but some sects of Islam require the women to cover their hair.

Don't get it twisted. I'm far from being a defender of Islam. This is just possibly the worst example I can imagine of what is wrong with it being in our schools.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No one's saying it's a dress issue. It's a freedom of religion issue. One religion is allowed to be expressed but others aren't. This is the problem we're bringing up.

The only people who hate religion are misguided.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You're the one twisting things. We're pointing out facts if you want to compare Christianity to Islam that's alright with me but we're talking about freedom of expression.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Just curious:

If a 7th Day Adventist was in gym and had to wear long pants and sleeves but the uniform was shorts and tank tops, would that also be a problem due to expressing their religion?

After all, it is their religion that requires them to cover their skin.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If they were allowed to express their rights along with everybody else then no it's not a problem.

However, if one faith is allowed to be expressed but others aren't it's a problem.

Now back to the topic please if you don't mind.

I'd have just as much of a problem if only Christians were allowed to express their faith. Or Jews or Buddhists. To me if one faith is allowed to be expressed, every other should be protected under that same freedom. My old district along with many others chooses to violate that right for everybody but Islam.

Is Islam a scapegoat? Is Christianity too? Yeah, but religion is important to people and considering current events, appeasing one and ignoring the rest will not help the world.
edit on 9-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join