It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Public Schools Introduce Islam" In Mississippi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: desertguy

There is just too little to post without ignorance on this in my opinion. Basing an opinion on the video, without intimate knowledge of the whole story (such as if there are any other lessons or what exactly entails as "introducing Islam").

It would be wonderful if anyone is from the subject's school district that could give some unbiased insight as to what all is being taught. Is the lesson to just introduce the various religions of the world or is it designed to placate a small portion of the population that attends the school?

You see there are just too many questions to just get in an outrage about something we just don't have all the information about.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for answering.

I see value in religions but I agree it's mind control. Not so much the faith, but the people behind the faith, those who "run" it. They seem to flourish on spreading disinformation.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoherentlyConfused
a reply to: Answer

Religion faith-based and faith is not based upon anything except one's belief and therefore has no place in public schools. Except maybe as an elective for a high school class, if the kids are interested in learning in it but introduce ALL of them, not just one.

But it is part of the Human condition and vastly part of our known and recent history here on this planet. To exclude such knowledge of where we came from and what we have been through just sets us up to repeat it all again.

...as long as my child is in a public school setting, no one is to teach my child about any religion except me.

What if the class is teaching about the Inquisition? The Crusades? The Fatimad Empire? So on and so on. The point is, religion played a major part in those events in human history and children (especially children) are naturally inquisitive so it would be a natural extension of education to at least provide a background (historical of course) of the catalyst of such events.

edit on 8-10-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

I agree one shouldn't take paramount over others in the classroom.

Religion and history are brothers. As you said, it played a role in many events and helped to create the world we have.

Excluding it is like excluding art. Or just teaching the students about the Bauhaus movement and pretending the rest don't exist.

(post by haviahabia removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

originally posted by: CoherentlyConfused
a reply to: Answer

Religion faith-based and faith is not based upon anything except one's belief and therefore has no place in public schools. Except maybe as an elective for a high school class, if the kids are interested in learning in it but introduce ALL of them, not just one.

But it is part of the Human condition and vastly part of our known and recent history here on this planet. To exclude such knowledge of where we came from and what we have been through just sets us up to repeat it all again.

...as long as my child is in a public school setting, no one is to teach my child about any religion except me.

What if the class is teaching about the Inquisition? The Crusades? The Fatimad Empire? So on and so on. The point is, religion played a major part in those events in human history and children (especially children) are naturally inquisitive so it would be a natural extension of education to at least provide a background (historical of course) of the catalyst of such events.

The problem is the liberals keep trying to teach things that we don't need. After Iraq attacked us on 9/11 they didn't get the lesson and now they are trying to make our children muslimers.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: haviahabia

We have to be vigilant as citizens but not overzealous.

Your gardener growing a beard could be due to the winter approaching.

I hope you're joking because paying people visits in the night never ends well. If he is dangerous like you suspect, it could only make matters worse.

Best of luck and be aware but try not to tread on the rights of others, it undermines any efforts you may make towards your beliefs.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: haviahabia
The problem is the liberals keep trying to teach things that we don't need. After Iraq attacked us on 9/11 they didn't get the lesson and now they are trying to make our children muslimers.

I was going to ignore you, because well....you are beyond fringe and posted some questionable things but I had to respond to this.

First, Iraq never attacked us (and this is coming for a veteran who joined in 2003); check your history and facts. Your other points is what I am ignoring because they are just outrageous and pure bull squeeze.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

We have to be vigilant as citizens but not overzealous.

Your gardener growing a beard could be due to the winter approaching.

I hope you're joking because paying people visits in the night never ends well. If he is dangerous like you suspect, it could only make matters worse.

Best of luck and be aware but try not to tread on the rights of others, it undermines any efforts you may make towards your beliefs.

What rights does an Isis have in America? If he thinks he and the other liberals can come here and cut off our heads or teaching the Islams you got another thing coming. As far as I know, Isis don't have the rights because they ain't Americans, neither do the Mexicans who come here which is why we take them sometimes to.

If Americans don't stand up we will lose the country to foreigners who will do what it takes to destroy America and elect liberals.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The phrase "there is no god but allah"
being taught when the pledge of allegiance is not allowed, or any display of the ten commandments should be enough to get people into an uproar.
People are being slaughtered under that banner and people are being enslaved who refuse to say it. To have it in a US public school textbook is a sign of how bad things are.
Islamic insurgency right under everyones noses.
Obama's administration may as well be identified as Islamic State's fifth column to have this introduced under their watch.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

originally posted by: haviahabia

I was going to ignore you, because well....you are beyond fringe and posted some questionable things but I had to respond to this.

First, Iraq never attacked us (and this is coming for a veteran who joined in 2003); check your history and facts. Your other points is what I am ignoring because they are just outrageous and pure bull squeeze.

That's funny because Iraq did attack us which is why we invaded in the first place, you think America invades countries for fun?

They sure as hell ain't gonna teach Islams in Mississippi, they ain't liberals there sorry to disappoint you

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The phrase "there is no god but allah"
being taught when the pledge of allegiance is not allowed, or any display of the ten commandments should be enough to get people into an uproar.
People are being slaughtered under that banner and people are being enslaved who refuse to say it. To have it in a US public school textbook is a sign of how bad things are.
Islamic insurgency right under everyones noses.
Obama's administration may as well be identified as Islamic State's fifth column to have this introduced under their watch.

I agree, Obama has always been a Muslimer from the very beginning. I heard he was gonna make our children learn that "religion" and here it is. I told the liberal guys that they aint gonna succeed in the south because we take care of our own. People who don't like America, are liberal or uppity get taken to the swamp marsh in Miss.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Honest question for the people who have a problem with this:

Do you take issue with Greek and Roman Mythology being taught in school? Or is that somehow different?

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree completely.

To this question, no I don't have a problem with it. Why? Because everyone agrees it's myth. When the world excepts that all religion is myth, then I'll have no problem with it taught as a curriculum for world history.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Oh boy, with all due respect I'm not even touching this comment and the following ones.

Have a good evening, haviahabia.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
WHATS NEXT:
Soon they will tell the married wimen to wear a vail on their head or tell you It is right for the men to sew private parts together, then that way the male knows that his wife is faithful and did not stray, because he is the only one who opens up his little secret present. I guess the men over there need to learn how to sew too. It can be just like the laws over there where if your wife gets raped ,well then it was her fault for dressing up so sexy and can be hung for punishment. Or maybe we ought to start to carry around a meat cleaver so we can cut a finger or a hand off when someone steals from you. Maybe your child comes home with a painted dot put on their head or maybe you like the idea of the parents saying who you are to marry and at what age. Maybe you get married at the age of 12. and have children when your 13. You will get to learn islam and pray but not with the males. You cannot be or learn law or politics or teach it either. You will be told by elders and your husband what to do and what not to do and you will do that or be punished. You will be a slave and you will like it with a smile on your face. You wimen of all people should pay close attention to this kind of activity, because this is where it ends up in the end. I worked for 9 years at this company and we always had a christmas tree in the break room. Then when this fancy CEO moved in, the tree dissapeared and so did the bonuses and we got really cheap insurance packages. I think i would of had the same coverage if i had went to a local witch doctor. He preached no swearing, but yet at meetings ,only he could use words like that. In the end our company went overseas and we all got the boot. 6 MONTHS LATER, i found his name on the front page of the chaska herald. He had stolen 1.5 million dollars and was sentenced to wear an ankle bracelet and got to serve his sentence at home. REALLY.
IS THIS THE KIND OF PEOPLE YOU WANT AROUND YOUR CHILDREN: Are these the values laws regulations you want your children subjected to in the islam ways? Maybe i'll wash my feet in the sink and pray on a rug in the bathroom. Why are we being prodded in this direction? I LIKE the christmas tree. I like my children to open presents. I want to hang the american flag in the front yard. I LOVE thanksgiving,easter and holloween. I love the parades and watch the fireworks. I want to celebrate a new year. Why do we have to change things just because a person says that they are offended by christmas or this or that. Thats like saying if i went over to isreal or iran and said i get offended when people don't like it when i put up a christmas tree in my window and play christmas carol songs with santa claus on the front lawn covered with lights waiving the american flag singing puff the majic dragon.

(post by haviahabia removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
I worked for 9 years at this company and we always had a christmas tree in the break room. Then when this fancy CEO moved in, the tree dissapeared and so did the bonuses and we got really cheap insurance packages.

What pray tell, does this have to do with the OP? I am confused at your inclusion of this in your long and hard to read post. What is even more interesting, is you somehow connected your personal projections on a terrible boss to teaching religion...

IS THIS THE KIND OF PEOPLE YOU WANT AROUND YOUR CHILDREN:

I LIKE the christmas tree. I like my children to open presents.

No one is stopping you from this...in the case of your former employer; it was their business, not yours.

I want to hang the american flag in the front yard.

Minus a few intolerant HOAs, you are quite welcome to do so. In the case of those intolerant HOAs, join the board and push to make changes. I know, it is hard to be a self-governing citizen.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There's politically correct. (hate it)
There's politically incorrect (I get it. Sometimes it's just gotta be said.)

Then there are times I wish GLP would stop banning people or messing with the Nazi's subscriptions!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

OK, then i want my children to learn my religion in schools too and not islam because we get offended by their ways because that is what my religion says.
Here we go again, back to that same ole battle ground. RELIGION. More wars have been faught over these idea's differences. why even go there it all ends the same. Religion needs to stay out of school. Parents have the right to teach their children what they want and unfortunately islam also, but keep it out of schools. I would like to see this on CNN and lets see what happens next. Popcorn anyone:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The depth of your ignorance is baffling. I hope the mods take notice to this members statement about "paying a visit" to his gardener in the middle of the night. Just because he's growing a beard, sir? Are you a misanthrope?

I can assure you that I'd rather go camping with your gardener than with the likes of you. You are dangerous. Your thoughts are dangerous. The way you process information is dangerous.

There is nothing wrong with Islam. You know nothing of Islam. The only thing going on is that our national media is glorifying a group of extremists, funding them, arming them, and then allowing them to wreak havoc on small towns in the ME.

It is no different than if another country brought thier world media to America, found a group of KKK Christian members and put their hateful diatribes on cnn, then filmed as they lynched colored folk. Then told their medias to show how crazy all Christian Americans are.

We could easily stop ISIS if we wanted. Easily.

We have satellites that can see the color of people's eyes on earth. We could locate and destroy every strong hold of ISIS fighters in a half day.

The truth is ISIS is being used as a crutch for another perpetual war. Most everyone is falling for it again. But people like you are the type that murder innocent people in the name of protecting your family from a nn existent threat.

Edit to add: I am not muslim.

AAC

edit on 8-10-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join