It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rev. Jesse Jackson in Dallas to help Ebola patient

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

DALLAS - The Rev. Jesse Jackson is in Dallas Tuesday to make sure Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan is getting the best medical care possible.

Rev. Jackson said Duncan's family asked for his help. He recently tweeted that "he should not be shunned" and to "kill the disease and not the person."

"Thomas deserves the love and the best medical treatment American can afford as has happened for all the other Americans who have contracted this terrible disease," he told FOX 4. "He must be treated as a patient with all the human rights deserved, not as a criminal."

Rev. Jesse Jackson in Dallas to help Ebola patient

Uhm...

What exactly is Jesse planning on doing here? Now Ebola is a race issue? He needs to go somewhere else and find something better to do. Unless he plans on injecting himself with Ebola he has no business sticking his nose into this situation.

Can anyone explain to me why he is here and what he hopes to accomplish?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

Just keepin' hope alive, and hopefully Thomas Dunkin too. Jackson has his own love for the television cameras, but as long as he's doing good while entertaining that love, more power to him.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Honestly?

I think he's there to make a lot of noise and get people to put up enough stink to get the guy asylum. Remember Liberia wants him sent back and prosecuted if he recovers.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In my opinion Duncan is a criminal. He new he was exposed, and lied to get on the plane to come here. In America even criminals get proper medical care, only the poor to lower middle class do not get proper medical treatments because they can't afford it. Ebola?! Even the poor are going to be treated to help cull the spread.

All Mr. Jackson is doing is injecting his name and face into another story that he has no bearing in, to try and stay relevant. Next it will be Al Sharpton claiming the white man did it to Mr. Duncan to keep the black man down!

I'm sorry Mr. Jackson, but are you for real?! I never ment to cause your people harm, and for that I apologize a million times!

edit on 7-10-2014 by wastedown because: dang auto correct

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701

Honestly?

I think he's there to make a lot of noise and get people to put up enough stink to get the guy asylum. Remember Liberia wants him sent back and prosecuted if he recovers.

He deserves to be prosecuted, he lied in customs about being exposed and has put countless lives in danger. He should be made an example of. Though I suspect the disease will take him long before that happens.

originally posted by: Aleister

Just keepin' hope alive, and hopefully Thomas Dunkin too. Jackson has his own love for the television cameras, but as long as he's doing good while entertaining that love, more power to him.

And what exactly will Jackson be doing to keep Mr. Dunkin alive?
edit on 7-10-2014 by XTexan because: combine responses

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

By going down there, he (Jackson) is implying that a black man will not get treated the same as a white man.

He has put race into an epidemic.

This absolutely disgusts me. Jackson is a self-serving moron.

If Jackson gave a damn, he'd be in Sierra Leone right now instead.

He is a bastard.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm not saying he deserves asylum at all. I agree that he should be sent back. He was in direct contact with an Ebola patient and still flew through two countries and multiple cities.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Come on people,concerning that Thomas guy,its called instinct of ssurvival and I bet anything if your brother or father or sister was in Africa with the disease,you will do whatever u can(if u have the means) to get him/her to where his/her survival will have more chance no matter what.....I know I would...
Concerning MrJackson,although he is a camera whore,there is a growing concern in the Liberian community that Mr Duncan will not get the best of care,given he was sent home the first time without proper screening. .
edit on 224Tuesday07pmppm2014-10-07T22:24:15-05:0010America/Chicago by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wildapache
Yeah that is pretty messed up.
The only reason Liberia wants to prosecute him, is because he exposed to the world how #ty their hospitals and screening procedures really are.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: wildapache
Yeah that is pretty messed up.
The only reason Liberia wants to prosecute him, is because he exposed to the world how #ty their hospitals and screening procedures really are.

Bingo! I think you nailed it. I've heard reports that he didn't actually know the woman he'd been in contact with had ebola because she wasn't diagnosed until after he was gone?

Why all the railing at Jesse? If he can go down there and get the CDC and the rest of the alphabet agencies to get their act in gear, Hooray for him. Somebody obviously needs to do it. If things don't change in a hurry, health care in Dallas could get real spooky. Everybody from nurses and docs to lab techs are considering flight. It has become painfully obvious to them that an outbreak is just around the corner.
I have hope that Rev. Al will join him and take these rascals to task. That's what those preachers do best. From the molasses-like speed with which the CDC acted to get the hazard contained, I'd say letting the pastors rain fire and brimstone on them for a bit might get things speeded up.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I heard him say he thinks the man was initially not admitted because he did not have health insurance. People down there are feeling targeted and it would seem they called for him to come help.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

I heard him say he thinks the man was initially not admitted because he did not have health insurance. People down there are feeling targeted and it would seem they called for him to come help.

Im down here and i havent heard ANYONE on any news outlet or any place say they feel targetted.........

Except by the CDC who continue to tell half truths and handle the situation poorly...

And if he wasnt seen then how did he leave with a prescription for antibiotics.........?
He wasnt admitted because they made a mistake, a costly and stupid one, but it was a mistake......

This happens ALL the time when people have to go back to the ER because they didnt catch what it really was.......

This time it just HAPPENED to be Ebola........

Jackson is there for camera time and money......thats it........
edit on 10/7/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sorry to be so cynical but the title should be

"Jesse Jackson in Dallas to promote himself". He is no Martin Luther King.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

What happened? I thought Obamacare covered everything and everyone.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Yep.

Jesse Jackson never misses an opportunity for more publicity.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Yep.

Jesse Jackson never misses an opportunity for more publicity.

Jesse Jackson would record and play the eulogy to his own damn funeral if he thought the proceeds would gild his casket....

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Who cares....draw attention to the issue Jessie

top topics

<<   2 >>

join