It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia SWAT Kills Grandfather in No-Knock Drug Raid that Finds No Drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Holding the grunt accountable may be the only way to change anything.

Consider the luck we've had in changing the institutions. It's time for a different approach--one that has an immediate impact at the point of public contact.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Consider the luck we've had

We've = ATS and the fringe. Mainstream society is not involved in "We've" you speak of.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
incidents like this put police on the same level as terrorists. Breaking into a persons home in the middle of the night and shooting them dead is no different than ISIS beheading some innocent person. The intention is to make people fearful for their lives.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply

Ya give me a break..if a meth addict finds 20gr you can bet he will be high till he runs out.

I think what hes saying is that no drug dealer would exact retribution of the killing kind over 20 grams. Thats chump change and even more so to dealers. Maybe a beating lol. Sounds llike a lie they are just spreading to tell the public to justify being in there to begin with because the uninformed public is like 20gs omgzz. Very sad , I wondrr how the mans family feelsfor having his name associated with such a terrible drug even though he was innocent and on top of that caught a few .40 calibers to the chest to add injuryto insult. Icing on thecake. I l8ve GA , not our laws , our war on drugsthat takes out innocents , and incompitent law enforcement.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: reeferdonkey
People here have been killed for less, there was a gang up here that was cutting off peoples ears or whatever for minor debts..very sick and ruthless but I get what your saying its a very smalltimer amount, either way the idea seems ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Can I make a prophecy?

The final report will read that the guys entire stash had been stolen by the Snitch, and the homeowner was intent on shooting him on a return run. The cops Had to do it to keep America safe for MORE democracy.

No disciplinary action, taxpayers foot the bill ... again ... in a settlement, the end.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You know, the perfect storm can't come fast enough.

Burn the place down already, I'm tired of seeing this #.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here's a link to a local newscast with a statement from the family's attorney, pictures of the scene, etc.:

Huffington Post

The word of a thief shouldn't have been enough to obtain the warrant, Shook told the Macon Telegraph.

He also disputes assertions that the sheriff's office has made about Hooks' killing.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
How lovely, another family destroyed by the drug war. Worst thing is these officers will go home and sleep in their beds, proud of their "duty".

These cowards are probably chuckling over the old guy's face when he died, a lot of them are sick like that. S + F.

i don't believe this to be true.
i can't believe it.
the police are human. they don't want to hurt innocent people. to think that once a man or woman puts on a uniform and badge they instantly want to kill all they see is far reaching at best and dishonest at worst. granted there are some bad apples. but i just don't believe the percentage of the bad apples to be the majority.

our police force is one of the most important elements in our society. once the trust is gone our country is doomed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Not all of them. As I said a lot of them are like that. The problem with the police force is many are I guess, bigheaded from the uniform and the power it conveys. So it gets out of hand. Then the media exploits the issue (which I believe is part of manufacturing rebellion) so people turn on them.

Of course I'm not innocent of hating on them so I can't say I'm free from the programming.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Not all of them. As I said a lot of them are like that. The problem with the police force is many are I guess, bigheaded from the uniform and the power it conveys. So it gets out of hand. Then the media exploits the issue (which I believe is part of manufacturing rebellion) so people turn on them.

Of course I'm not innocent of hating on them so I can't say I'm free from the programming.

no worries,
i should have made my post a little clearer.
there are some who post on these forums who slam the police force any chance they get. we can't fall into the trap the media is setting up.

good thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Same with my post.

I definitely slam the police on these forums, but I do see the value in their presence. I'd prefer having someone keeping an eye on the neighborhood if they keep the public's interests above their own. Police like Joe Friday, Bill Gannon, everybody loves them. They were essentially average Joes but they protected people.

Now we have a mostly out of hand force. A shame.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

our police force is one of the most important elements in our society. once the trust is gone our country is doomed.

I would venture to claim the exact opposite. A society that relies on state power, intimidation and brute force to maintain its own sense of order cannot be trusted.

So what, then, does it say about our society? That it has to be held together with nightsticks and teargas?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I would venture to claim the exact opposite. A society that relies on state power, intimidation and brute force to maintain its own sense of order cannot be trusted.

So what, then, does it say about our society? That it has to be held together with nightsticks and teargas?

every society has its share of criminal element. the police are there to help us by being the line of defense between us and the bad guys. they are there to help the person getting mugged, or to help the shop owner who gets robbed.

it says our society is normal.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

every society has its share of criminal element. the police are there to help us by being the line of defense between us and the bad guys. they are there to help the person getting mugged, or to help the shop owner who gets robbed.

That unwittingly illustrates the true function of the police: the protect the interests of capital.

it says our society is normal.

To me, it says our society is so sick and fundamentally flawed that it's impending doom doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. The police are there to protect this sick and fundamentally flawed system. They are the blunt end of our own oppression we've convinced ourselves is somehow necessary.

I think that's a lie, and that we may actually do better for ourselves after this whole thing falls apart. That's probably why they're so intent on keeping it going (in one form or another), using any means necessary to do so.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Question:

Regarding drugs ... what is the purpose of no-knock raids? Stop toilet flushings or people microwaving bags of crack? Hiding evidence in their han-solo smuggle hatch? Do American drug dealers open fire often? Is genuine question. I simply don't have the perspective to understand this query.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke
Its a very ill concieved strategy that pretty much guarantys there will be carnage, the excuse is to prevent destruction of whatever material they are after also shock and disorient as well. The drug laws need to be rethought. because this kind of thing is complete bullsh@t

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Land of the free? :>

edit on 8-10-2014 by Truthbadger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
a reply to: XTexan

You know I understand no knock.... I get that people flush stuff and it defeats the purpose.

I get it...

But why in the frick not wait till the people of the household leave to do your thing?

I just don't get it. This is an example that sets everyone up involved to fail....

To those thinking that swat members are at home sleeping fine. Well you are wrong. Unfortunately they too are likely in debt and making ends meet for their families like most of america. These guys are just trying to make a living and are doing as they are told?

Does that make anything ok? Hell no.. of course not.

cheers

I understand that people flush etc. too, but I don't understand no-knock. It takes 2 seconds max to loudly announce your presence as police BEFORE smashing the door down. How much can be flushed in 2 secs and is it worth someones life lost in the confusion.

Otherwise you are putting people who have a legal right to defend their home with lethal force in a situation where they can't possibly know for sure the intent or identity of the people breaking in...and they still have the legal right to defend themselves. I don't know of any law that says "unless it is an unidentified person who might be an LEO."

I own zero guns and never will, but I respect that right and no-knocks just don't make sense. They are a recipe for disaster and it's over drugs 99% of the time and MANY mistakes have been made MANY times.

Simple solution is NO no-knocks period. Police already have the right to break in if they see a dangerous fugitive enter or are directly confronting known danger (stand-offs etc.). No-knocks are a separate and flawed procedure.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: NthOther

Honest law abiding citizens need to spend more time on the gun ranges to improve their shooting and self defense skills. It's the only way we'll ever be safe from these militarized thugs.

What's next? Law abiding citizens need to sleep in full body armor? It's not the citizens, it's the damn pigs. We shouldn't have to protect ourselves from the police. That's so oxymoronic; a police force so incompetent and corrupt that it effectively loses its merit as a police force. Why do we even have police? They don't do anything for the community, they just kill and rob.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join