It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaylord Perry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I just have to vent. This isn't happening directly to me, but it could still effect me in a very bad way. I don't know if calling him out by name is against the rules or not, so mods do what you have to if it is.

For those of you who don't know who Gaylord Perry is, he is a retired Major League Baseball pitcher, and is in the Hall of Fame (even though he threw illegal pitches).

But, this rant isn't about his previous baseball career. This is about what he's doing to the people in my home town today.

My boss' wife, and her brother (who passed away recently), inherited the land they live on from generations before them. This includes the land that my boss and his wife have their home on, their daughter and son-in-law's land, the land that my boss' wife's brother and his wife have their home on, and the land their daughter and son-in-law live on, as well as the body shop I work at, and a large plot of land across the road from all this that stretches all the way to the sound. Why is this relevant to anything that a former baseball player is doing?

Because he's stealing it, as much as he can.

When Gaylord Perry came into our small town, he bought some land directly across the street from the body shop and my boss's house, and sharing borders with their sound front land across the street. Now, this isn't a problem on it's own. It became a problem when he paid some surveyors to come in, and draw the property line completely and illogically crooked, diagonally across not only my boss' family's land, but across every property all the way down to the state shipyard.

This new diagonal line doesn't run parallel with all the other property lines and perpendicular to the road like all the other lines in the neighborhood do, but that apparently doesn't matter in court.

Neither does the fact that the family has tax records dating back to the 1910's

What does matter, is that Gaylord Perry has money, and lots of it; Much more than my boss' family. And also that him and the judge in charge of the case apparently share a love for golfing after a court battle.

The court granted all the property that Gaylord Perry stole to Perry himself, to hell with all the records and previous property maps, this land is now his.

This was decision was granted an appeal, where they finally changed the property line where it no longer crosses anybody else's property... except my boss' family. They used to have 43 acres, now they have 3.

Well, that's it. That's all the court system is going to do about it. It's all said and over with, right?

WRONG.

A sheriff's deputy came by with papers demanding that my boss' family pay for Gaylord Perry's lawyer and legal fees, under threat that if they do not, their homes will be confiscated to cover the cost.

This nothing but pure evil. There's just no other word to describe what this man is getting away with, with no way for the little man to fight him, as his money evidently speaks louder than any reasoning in this situation.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Speaking as a member and not as an ATS staff member, I would strongly advise NOT posting rants about ongoing litigation to the Internet where your words could come back, inside of a courtroom, to bite you on the proverbial backside.

I speak from experience as I recently had a single Facebook post saying that I felt good one day used against me in a courtroom during a disability hearing.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Speaking as a member and not as an ATS staff member, I would strongly advise NOT posting rants about ongoing litigation to the Internet where your words could come back, inside of a courtroom, to bite you on the proverbial backside.

I speak from experience as I recently had a single Facebook post saying that I felt good one day used against me in a courtroom during a disability hearing.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not really directly involved in this case. I have had similar experiences when there was a custody battle for my son, though. But it is sickening how even an innocent statement such as that can be twisted in a court.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

I understand, and sympathise with your incredulity. I believe that the judges connection to the individual in question is grounds for a re-hearing of this case by a different judge, or indeed an appeals court, perhaps with a focus on the improper nature of the ruling given that the judge should have been recused from the case (assuming there is not a different term for a judge removing themselves, as opposed to a lawyer doing it).

This seems like an abuse of the law, if not a blatant breakage of it, and I would recommend seeking good counsel on this matter from as many sources as possible. The simple fact is, that if the situation regards the property in question is as you say it has been since the early 1900s, then the individual who has been screwing the neighbourhood has no business trying to Gaylord it over the rest of the town in this manner.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I understand, and sympathise with your incredulity. I believe that the judges connection to the individual in question is grounds for a re-hearing of this case by a different judge, or indeed an appeals court, perhaps with a focus on the improper nature of the ruling given that the judge should have been recused from the case (assuming there is not a different term for a judge removing themselves, as opposed to a lawyer doing it).

This seems like an abuse of the law, if not a blatant breakage of it, and I would recommend seeking good counsel on this matter from as many sources as possible. The simple fact is, that if the situation regards the property in question is as you say it has been since the early 1900s, then the individual who has been screwing the neighbourhood has no business trying to Gaylord it over the rest of the town in this manner.

Thank you, your drinking avatar with long hair make me feel more comfortable accepting your legal counsel.

Also, Gaylording should now be the term used to describe the taking of ones land by questionable means through the legal system.

But seriously, that is good advice but the trouble is, this had already been in court a long time, and the longer it takes, the more it costs. My boss' family would have never been able to afford to get as far as they have if it wasn't for the help of another local business owner who had land stolen- err... Gaylorded from him in a similar fashion. Truth is there's no money left to continue fighting it in court. He got his way, but he still wants more.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This guy was sketchy back in the day, knuckleballs, spitballs, hair grease whatever he could get his hands on. Guess he didn't change much other than exchanging his foreign objects with some of the more domestic, land based variety. I wonder if his brother is just as big of an asshat. Good luck with this guy, he's a real winner.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Perhaps there are some advocacy services which might be able to hook you up with someone who could take this case pro bono on behalf of the whole community?

This seems like the sort of thing that a driven and morally minded legal advocate would jump at the chance to take up. Dodgy judges, connected protagonists, a town put in jeopardy by, and at the same time abandoned by the very laws which are supposed to protect them?

If law was my occupation, and I saw that story running in the paper, or got contacted by a concerned party in the matter, I would be all over that like carrion birds on a five day old corpse.
edit on 7-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammar and spelling corrections.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Why is it when Gaylord perry cheats by using any substance on a baseball it's "funny" but when a player uses steroids to cheat everybody loses their minds?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

all the people at the top get there by climbing over other people

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My advice would be to contact the attorney general and go from there. This sounds like corruption. I don't go for that land-thieving crap. Another tool these days is Facebook. Bring awareness to the community. Maybe even organize a community meeting about this. When you go up against somebody who has money and friends in high places, it can get tough quick.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
My advice would be to contact the attorney general and go from there. This sounds like corruption. I don't go for that land-thieving crap. Another tool these days is Facebook. Bring awareness to the community. Maybe even organize a community meeting about this. When you go up against somebody who has money and friends in high places, it can get tough quick.

Trouble is, the AG is also corrupt. That's become evident to me through a different court battle involving my uncle, still awaiting the NC Supreme Court's decision on that one... but I expect it will wait until after elections so the AG's incarceration rate looks good.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Alright, I wanted to update this, especially after finding out a couple of new things:

1) When Gaylord Perry purchased the adjacent lot, he also bought "Title Insurance" which would cover the cost of surveyors, lawyers, and court if there was ever a dispute of boundaries.

2) After Gaylord Perry won the land in court, sometime this past April, he started charging interest to the tune of 8% PER DAY to the amount he wanted my boss' family to pay.

3) Finally, it must be noted that the business owner that was helping my boss's family out has paid Gaylord Perry what he claims they owed. It's over. It's not right, but it's over.

All I have to say is I wouldn't have been as cool headed as my boss in these circumstances. I will say nothing further to avoid violating T&C.

new topics

top topics

join