It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #10: The War On Drugs, the Stupidity of Public Schools, and more amazing stupid...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If the war on drugs was a real war on drugs pharmaceutical company's would be what, exactly?

Where I come from, drugs are drugs and alcohol is also a drug...

In my experience; I didn't turn to drugs until after I felt the want/need to mask any pain from the outside world...

If uncle wants to pick a fight, fight against the lack of educating your citizens, and quit perverting what you think it is what we are all after...

Every high school graduate should receive a check for $5,000 usd that should equate with 'interest'. How many would be too busy building upon their future with a leg to stand on at the gate?

Is the concept of money to gain leverage, or is it not?

Great video Joe.

Kinda strange how the 15 signs weren't accompanied with guidestone-like translations, or were they, I couldn't tell?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Legalize it all. Every bit of it. The prescription drugs, the illegal drugs, the bootleg.... ALL OF IT.

Society will not crumble. What it will do is save money, and cut down on violence. No need to run drugs up and down the street if you can just buy them at Walgreens.

People who do it will always do it regardless of any laws prohibiting it. People that don't do it, don't do so because of the laws against it... They just choose not to do it.

The war on drugs is a complete farce IMO. Only one of many that the American people have bought lock, stock, and barrel.

I haven't heard a more true post in a long time! This is 100% accurate IMO! Star for you....Make it all legal and let people make up their mind, it would completely take care of the drug cartels, maybe not all at first but it would hurt them so badly there would be no need for them to keep it up!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
theres a very revealing movie on the "war" on drugs, its called "traffic" if you havent seen it and this subject interests you, i suggest giving it a watch. the movie itself is fictional but the subject matter is very real.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein
As long as the government don't get greedy and add 75% tax on everything like they do smokes and alcohol up here lol. Bootlegging alcohol and smokes is a booming business now thanks to all the taxes. If you can buy a bag from the government for 60 bucks, or from joeschmoe for 20 bucks, which is most people gonna choose?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PFIscott

Seen it a few times... Great movie. In fact I've seen most of Benicio del Toro's work.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Never, ever, in my 37 years have I EVER heard anyone say "No thanks. It's illegal. But if it wasn't, I'd be on it".

l.

my mother says that very thing all the time. she is 58. was a big smoker when she was younger and until around the time i was born. 1978.
to this day she says she loves it and misses it. i think she has maybe smoked 3 times in the last 20 years. she tells me all that time that as soon as it is legal she is all over it.
im sure she is not the only one on this country.

as far as smoking and working.

i dont think the legality of that really matters.

i mean legal or illegal, if your employer has a no marijuana policy then it looks like you need to be an adult and make a decision. smoke grass in your free time and risk losing a job for a random rest or dont smoke.

i have had jobs with a no drug policy and random drug tests. i never risked it. i just didnt smoke.

jobs/responsibilities come first.

individuals need to take responsibility.

that said....

legalize it all.

the war on drugs is a farce with zero benefit

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I can assure you eisegesis, that I am not splitting hairs at all.

Being inebriated while at work, no matter what job you do, is not appropriate. However, there is a significant difference between being a stoner or a drinker, and being at work while stoned or drunk. The only difference between drinking and smoking, is that the effects of smoking last longer, and the chemical remnants of smoking remain in ones system for much longer than that!

Which is why it is absolutely incredible that any company can legally discriminate against a person for a choice they make while enjoying their free time. You see, while it is true that a person could smoke some drugs, and be high for hours and hours, it is NOT true that having chemical components of a drug in ones urine means that the chemical is still active in ones system. It just means its spent material remains. Big whoop. I also store the effects of the meals I eat in my blood, but I do not eat at work.

It is important to use the correct terminology here, because there is a very important difference between being a stoner, and being stoned. Crucially, unless the employer wants to install some brain wave monitors or fMRI machines, to prove that the people they want to fire have the brain chemistry of a person who is under the influence, they cannot prove that the persons they are firing are stoned.

The only thing that can prove that a person is stoned, right then and there, is monitoring their brainwaves, and comparing them to a control sample of people who definitely were stoned at the time, and another control group who were absolutely sober.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, I guess our definition of stoner is different. I consider a stoner one who is stoned most of the time, even at work. They look for ways to incorporate it into their lifestyle that go beyond leisure. And as a slang word, none of us have a leg to stand on. A minor technicality.

Other than that, I agree with most of your points. Don't let anyone fool you. The T&C's here are to prude for me to explain to you what I know and what I do in my spare time.

edit on 9-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, I guess our definition of stoner is different. I consider a stoner one who is stoned most of the time, even at work. They look for ways to incorporate it into their lifestyle that go beyond leisure. And as a slang word, none of us have a leg to stand on. A minor technicality.

Ah, see, in my locality the term is used to describe any person who stones regularly so to speak. It's not the same as saying that one might be an alcoholic, because specifically that is a day in day out habit. Weekenders are not alcoholics, but anyone who gets stoned at all regularly qualifies for stonerdom.

Other than that, I agree with most of your points. Don't let anyone fool you. The T&C's here are to prude for me to explain to you what I know and what I do in my spare time.

You know what? You're alright! : P

top topics

<< 1   >>

join