It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #10: The War On Drugs, the Stupidity of Public Schools, and more amazing stupid...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Today, on Next Level BS, we tackle the astounding madness of the War on Drugs, with a full-spectrum look at the epic stupid. We show how Mexican President, Felipe Calderon, refused to do the one thing that would really help. The involvement of western banks, crazy drug laws, corrupt law enforcement, and the US Government's collusion in the drug trade are all covered. It's an epic ride! We also look at confounding stupid in the Washington school system, and some cringe-inducing stupid from a Dallas newspaper. Enjoy!

Share this video. Tell your friends. Expose the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Or, just go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

Next Level BS is a production of The Above Network, LLC, with the collaboration of AboveTopSecret.com. The views expressed in the videos, video comments, and social media pages of Next Level BS are those of the producers and host, and don't necessarily reflect the views of AboveTopSecret.com or The Above Network, LLC.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This sign pretty much says it all.

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, whose county lies at the center of major drug and alien smuggling routes to Phoenix and cities east and west, attests to the violence.

He said he asked the Obama administration for 3,000 National Guard soldiers to patrol the border, but what he got were 15 signs.

edit on 7-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Greetings- I'm kind of new here but I don't think they are too keen on typing about drug usage. I got a few U2U's re: some things I typed, maybe My font?

Personally I'm ALL for it... Usage or typing about it? Uh...er....

Watch out for 'The Man'...

namaste

P.S. If I'm out of line, either disregard or pretend it was a test...

"Love Your work..." Cyrus 'The Virus' Grissom to that real good looking guy Steve Buscemi, a face made for radio in the silver screen gem "Con Air"...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The 'war' on drugs.

The second longest war in American history.

The longest war is the 'war' on poverty.

Interesting enough since the government has been 'fighting' those wars.

They haven't won, and haven't stopped either one.

But that is more about politics than anything else.

I mean if our government solved problems they create there would be no need for them.

Which is the NLBS part here.

They keep doing the same things over again, and they expect a different result.

Some people would call that insanity.
edit on 7-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Legalize it all. Every bit of it. The prescription drugs, the illegal drugs, the bootleg.... ALL OF IT.

Society will not crumble. What it will do is save money, and cut down on violence. No need to run drugs up and down the street if you can just buy them at Walgreens.

People who do it will always do it regardless of any laws prohibiting it. People that don't do it, don't do so because of the laws against it... They just choose not to do it.

The war on drugs is a complete farce IMO. Only one of many that the American people have bought lock, stock, and barrel.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
Ah yes, Cabos, Mazatlan, Baja, and all the other fairy tales within this hell hole

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Great video but most can not (will not) believe that a government that rants about how bad drugs are is the same government with hidden operations/departments neck deep in everything imaginable.
I always liked the DEA cut out Ops Gulfstream with 4 thousand pounds of coke that crashed and the investigation that resulted in "the sound of crickets"..... or poor Kiki who thought he was working to stem the tide of drugs into the USA.

DEA agent tortured and killed while the event was being recorded by a CIA Agent. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enrique Kiki Camarena was not murdered by Rafael Caro Quintero -- the capo that served a sentence for that crime -- but by an agent of the CIA. The reason: the DEA agent discovered that his own government was collaborating with the Mexican narco in his illegal business.

In interviews with Proceso, Phil Jordan, former director of the El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC); Hector Berrellez, former DEA agent, and Tosh Plumlee, a former CIA pilot, claim that they have evidence that the U.S. government itself ordered the murder of Kiki Camarena in 1985. In addition, they point to a sinister Cuban character, Felix Ismael Rodriguez, as the murderer.

Politicians helping Drug cartels
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO it will only get worse in that the cartels are open for business in every major city in the USA

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I so want to 101% agree with you except one little problem. To buy your drugs you need money. To make money you need a job, usually.

Unless certain laws are rewritten, which they should be, what do you do when a private company says "not under my roof"?

The obvious answer is don't go to work high but how would they know and what's stopping people? Colorado is facing the same issue. Pot is legal but people are taking it for granted. A private company still has the right to refuse it's workers being inebriated in the workplace.

Some jobs demand your full attention. I don't care how awesome you can replace a transmission while high at work. I am an advocate for legalization but would have an issue if some stoner did a full brake job on my car.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Not only that but it will force people to act like adults. "Oh you mean I can do those things? but I still have to go to school, I still have to work, I still have to come home to my girlfriend/wife...hmm, maybe those things aren't for me."

Maybe they are for some people, for a short time when they are unsure of themselves, but they will have to be adults about it and live with the consequences of such choices as well. It's not as though if they were all legalized tomorrow people would suddenly decide on mass they are going to incapacitate themselves on chemical substances, besides they can still do it now through a doctors prescription.

What it does though is make everyone treat the subject with some maturity and responsibility. The public stigma will always be there, it was before it they were made illegal. but mostly for people that couldn't control themselves just as it is for people that cant control themselves as it is now.

Good episode, lots of info in there, a good amount probably new to some.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well, the same thing exists now with prescription drugs and alcohol. So I don't see how its any different. For any chemist the first thing you realize after finishing school is that for every illegal drug there is, there is the exact same one, with a different name, prescribed to people by doctors.

And then you have alcohol.

So, in one case, you probably already had someone perform a brake job under the influence of these things by the advantage of an rx from their doctor. And, someone probably was fired from the same job for showing up drunk.

Most places I've worked had the policy of "if it's obvious and you aint hiding it then we're not hiding it for you" and said person was canned. On the other hand if people work in high risk situations or with heavy machines it makes sense for measures to prevent all use of altered consciousness. But, even in the strict society we live, we still have drunk pilots, police not to mention judges and attorneys. Drunk. As a skunk. So if that happens now, don't expect it to be any different.

Perhaps the root cause of the problem though. Focus on dealing with workplace stress, preventative measures and also offer therapy or whatnot to help people get over problems if they are long term or worth keeping around. If that doesn't work, no reason it should be any different than now, when you show up drunk, no one hides it for you. Pink slip time.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

There is a difference between having something in your system, and actually being under its effects, or inebriated.

For instance, cannabis remains in the system for a considerable time after its effects have worn completely off, and only the by products of its passage through the body remain. The psychoactive ingredient may have been totally expended, its effects utterly spent many hours, or days or more, previous to testing, and yet still pop a positive on many standard tests.

So, you would not want a stoner working on your brakes? Think that through. Surely you mean you do not want someone who is stoned at the time, working on your brakes? I think you will find that the two things are entirely different.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I so want to 101% agree with you except one little problem. To buy your drugs you need money. To make money you need a job, usually.

Unless certain laws are rewritten, which they should be, what do you do when a private company says "not under my roof"?

The obvious answer is don't go to work high but how would they know and what's stopping people? Colorado is facing the same issue. Pot is legal but people are taking it for granted. A private company still has the right to refuse it's workers being inebriated in the workplace.

Some jobs demand your full attention. I don't care how awesome you can replace a transmission while high at work. I am an advocate for legalization but would have an issue if some stoner did a full brake job on my car.

Alcohol is legal and there isn't a job I know of that allows it's workers to come in drunk and work. It's the same deal with any other drug. Just because it's legal, it doesn't mean that any company has to allow you to be drunk/high at work. I don't want anyone working on anything I have when they aren't 100%, it is the company's job to make sure that doesn't happen. Not the government's.

Prescription pain killers are legal if you have a prescription for them, but again... There are a ton of places that will not allow you to work while you are taking them. None of that would have to change just because something is legalized.

a reply to: boncho

I agree 100%. Like I said... The people who are going to do it, are doing it anyway. No law is ever going to make someone not take that pill or not smoke that joint. On the flip side, people often do not do these things because they simply choose not to partake for whatever reason. It's usually a selfish one. I don't want to become a homeless loser, I'm scared it will wreck my life, I'm not sure I could control it, etc. Its never "Because it's against the law". Not ever.

Never, ever, in my 37 years have I EVER heard anyone say "No thanks. It's illegal. But if it wasn't, I'd be on it".

Keeping it illegal does nothing but boost crime and boost costs. Which in turn makes money for a lot of folks. That's the only reason they don't use common sense and just legalize it all.
edit on 10/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Keep the discussion on the war on drugs please.

Advocating or discussing personal use will have repercussions here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So, you would not want a stoner working on your brakes? Think that through. Surely you mean you do not want someone who is stoned at the time, working on your brakes? I think you will find that the two things are entirely different.

Truebrit, your are one of the few that make me read your entire posts no matter how long they are, that's how much I value your opinion. Here, I think you're splitting hairs. The second sentence of my last paragraph should have set the context for the remainder of the point I was trying to make.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Alcohol is legal and there isn't a job I know of that allows it's workers to come in drunk and work. It's the same deal with any other drug.

I think most companies don't give a crap until there is an issue. A workforce of 5,000 or more can become quite expensive making sure everyone comes to work sober. Companies can only hope their workers are clean but unless it's blaringly obvious, most aren't going to do jack until there is an injury or someone complains.

No law is ever going to make someone not take that pill or not smoke that joint.

I beg to differ...

Not all companies test for alcohol but I thought this was the point of frequent random drug testing. And yes I understand, even those can be cheated. The more expensive tests can detect cleansers and blockers but until they bring the cost and efficiency down we are stuck with the original problem. There needs to be some control to the chaos.

To take you literally, there is no law to prevent people from coming into work drunk or high, I agree. We can only hope there is some quality control amongst the companies who would like to keep a clean image. They should not only protect workers from themselves but what happens when there is a victim or a lawsuit involved?

Time to rewrite those law books to reflect on the drug induced utopian picture you are painting.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

another outstnding show.

And the cat....the epitome of Chaotic Evil

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Whoah!!!! Nobody said utopian. Anyone dreaming of utopia in this hell hole is already on more drugs than Tom Petty on a binge week.

You can rewrite the laws all you want, it will not result in any utopia. I don't do drugs. I can't even remember the last time I had an alcoholic beverage. I'm a realist. I'm not painting a drug induced picture of utopia, I'm painting a picture of a reality where adults are accountable for the decisions they make and not the nanny state you are painting a picture of.

It is what it is. You can support the government profiting off of this war if you want... As for me, they can go sell crazy somewhere else because I'm all stocked up here.

edit on 10/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

(post by jrod removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
This sign pretty much says it all.

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, whose county lies at the center of major drug and alien smuggling routes to Phoenix and cities east and west, attests to the violence.

He said he asked the Obama administration for 3,000 National Guard soldiers to patrol the border, but what he got were 15 signs.

Wow in other words the sign might as well say "keep clear; Engineering of failed state in progress."

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Great Episode! I am especially curious about their being no Saturday cartoons? What the hell is that about, that seems ominous or something.

I think HighTimes magazine is always quick to point out the relationship between the CIA and drug smuggling in this country and how that paradigm creates a black market that helps drive a more robust stock market. The crux being that it has lead to this police state in the US and lawlessness in Mexico, countless murders and even more needless incarcerations.

Imprisoning people while profiting from it. Modern Slavery.

<<   2 >>

join