It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulitzer Winning Reporter Slams White House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If this is what it's come to, why should we honor ANY social contract the gov't prescribes; they can't even honor the basic one that matters the most to their constituents - the Constitution. America's government has gone rogue and that reality will affect us all, like it or not. Anyone else here fed up with the status quo? wash rinse repeat, until the cows come home.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So going by your in amazing logic, in just a few years you will no longer be able to nor want to blame Obama for anything? So all he has to do is run out the clock.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catharsis6767

So going by your in amazing logic, in just a few years you will no longer be able to nor want to blame Obama for anything? So all he has to do is run out the clock.

I must step in here. What NEO said was that George W. Bush didn't create the current situation which is basically true. Bush is responsible for many things, but it is disingenuous to blame him for EVERYTHING like many on ATS do. Obama has plenty of things he will need to own all by himself. Healthcare 'reform' comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Again from the article linked in the OP and the specific subject being discussed in this thread:

The crackdowns on leaks by the Bush and Obama administrations have come with a “veneer of law,” an attempt to make the crackdowns look legal, he said.

Notice he cites both the Bush and Obama administrations for the losses of liberty and NOT just the latter. Obama is guilty but so is Bush.

Linky

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Alrightie then.

Another of my favorite quotes to put this in to proper context.

The American of today, in fact, probably enjoys less personal liberty than any other man of Christendom, and even his political liberty is fast succumbing to the new dogma that certain theories of government are virtuous and lawful, and others abhorrent and felonious. Laws limiting the radius of his free activity multiply year by year: It is now practically impossible for him to exhibit anything describable as genuine individuality, either in action or in thought, without running afoul of some harsh and unintelligible penalty. It would surprise no impartial observer if the motto “In God we trust” were one day expunged from the coins of the republic by the Junkers at Washington, and the far more appropriate word, “verboten,” substituted. Nor would it astound any save the most romantic if, at the same time, the goddess of liberty were taken off the silver dollars to make room for a bas-relief of a policeman in a spiked helmet. Moreover, this gradual (and, of late, rapidly progressive) decay of freedom goes almost without challenge; the American has grown so accustomed to the denial of his constitutional rights and to the minute regulation of his conduct by swarms of spies, letter-openers, informers and agents provocateurs that he no longer makes any serious protest. The American Credo: A Contribution toward the Interpretation of the National Mind (1920)

en.wikiquote.org...

Sounds familiar doesn't it ?

That so called 'journalist' should have done some research instead of stopping at 2000.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Actually every president since Reagan is guilty. The presidents before Bush Jr. just had better PR and fewer problems to deal with. Most of our modern problems can be traced back to Reagan. Don't think Clinton was fantastic either.

The whole loss of liberty was just the forces behind the scenes since Reagan finally taking full control through the tragedy of 9/11. We all know Cheney was the real president and we all know how corrupt and self serving that guy is.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I must step in here. What NEO said was that George W. Bush didn't create the current situation which is basically true. Bush is responsible for many things, but it is disingenuous to blame him for EVERYTHING like many on ATS do. Obama has plenty of things he will need to own all by himself. Healthcare 'reform' comes to mind.

And destroying the economy in 2008, the year he was elected, Obama basically ruined the economy in Sept but you can't blame Bush cause Obama was elected in 2008. It's so funny how people try to blame Bush even though he did a great job basically.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When are you people going to stop blaming the puppets and start blaming the puppet masters?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When are you people going to stop blaming the puppets and start blaming the puppet masters?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Apparently not for a while. I hear it on here and in real life. Everything is a problem except the elite. They're never ever blamed except by a significant minority of people. People are just addicted to scapegoating and blaming other people for our problems but tax shelters and inversions and outsourcing and all the games played by corporations and bankers and the like are just expressions of capitalism and capitalism is sacred and untouchable.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This needs to be followed and this man needs to be supported more I think than anyone else that is in his predicament. Because of the guys credentials he is highly respected. His voice has been heard by many in power as well.

I think this issue has roots that go deep into the many problems we face as a world community. If we fix this then it will pave the way for many other humanitarian issues to be solved as well. It's a perspective thing. We need to wrap our heads around this and come out on the right side, if not now then we will surely be crippled when it comes to solving the worlds problems in the future.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm with you OP. Voting is a sham. We're all riding on a crazy train with lunatics at the wheel. The track's destination has been set by even bigger lunatics. America has fallen. Now we're just a war-mongering nation who can't seem to leave other countries alone. It's about world domination. One of the many symptoms of that is oppression and war. Then there's perversions everywhere. It's a concerted effort to destroy traditional Americans. The second-to-last part of their plan was 911. I think because of the lunatics in the US gov, that world war is inevitable. If they succeed in their outcome then we the people are screwed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: haviahabia

And destroying the economy in 2008, the year he was elected, Obama basically ruined the economy in Sept but you can't blame Bush cause Obama was elected in 2008. It's so funny how people try to blame Bush even though he did a great job basically.

You do know that even though presidents are elected in September they don't actually take office until Inauguration Day in January of the following year, right?

GWB was still president for the entirety of 2008.
edit on 8-10-2014 by musicjunkie because: Quoting issue

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Like always;

Until there is a box/option; no confidence in candidate, (Career ender) to vote, why vote?

If I'm expected to vote with confidence in any "election" why can I not elect to end a criminals career?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here here! I'm a Libertarian and proud of it. Though I was disillusioned with the two party paradigm LONG before I became a Libertarian. For the longest time I didn't even vote because I felt like there wasn't anyone worth voting for (I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils).

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

I agree with your point that it OBVIOUSLY started before George W. Bush, but it's messed any way you look at it.

It did.

Once government takes powers it NEVER gives it up.

NEVER.

That is why it must be taken. By a military loyal to the people of the United States...not the plants Obama has put in place to shoot us when the crap hits the fan. Yes...we noticed the tests and the removal of all those who would choose the people over the government.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Then why run to his defense if you see him as equally culpable as those before ( and implicitly ) after him? They're all crooks but I think that the evils they've heaped upon us need to be owned by each - just in case a day of reckonining ever rises.

Blue, red, or unaffiliated. Those who are guilty should be made to pay without any partisan favoritism nor nostalgia.

your too kind...what have the republicans done for the regular joe in the last 20 years??

1...they are against a minimum wage raise
2...they are against women making the same wage as men, that are in the same job
3...they have closed Abortion clinics, prompting women to do it themselves or go have a "back alley" abortion
4...the are against contraceptives
5...they are against public schools
6...they are against labor unions
7...they are against gay marriage
8...they are against clean energy
9...they are against cleaning up drinking water from the affects of fraking
10...they are against pollution controls
11...they are against food stamps
12...they are against social security
13...they are against medicare
14...they are against the Affordable care act
15...they are against non-profit student loans
16...they are against more funding for the CDC, and the NIH
17...they are against taxes on the wealthy
18...they are against taxes on corporations and businesses
19...they are against taxes on dividends from stock ownership
20...they are against restrictions on clinically insane people, and criminals, from buying and owning guns
21...they are against the voting rights act, and spending money to help people get proper ID's to vote
22...they are against HUD, that promotes fair housing
23...they are against clean air regulations
24...they are against food safety regulations

but of course...the problem is with the white house...right.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Great Post and totally agree!! Stopped giving money to those crooks 5 years ago and will never vote Dem/Reb. again.

Now we just need a way to get this simple Libertarian way of thinking out to the rest of America with out the MSM calling them racist/sexist and who knows what else.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

GREAT POST JIMMY!
You told the truth

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: JamesCookieIII

I am with you, my ATS Brother. I love the Libertarians...more freedom, less government and no wars. That is just about the perfect platform. I can't stand Repubs or Dems.

I am with libertarians on the personal freedom and no wars. BUT, the Libertarian platform and philosophy utterly fails in the face of rapacious individuals, corporations, and governments. For example, it is completely naive to believe that without some kind of check on them, individuals and corporations won't dump chemicals into our communal areas, waters, and air. They have been for centuries when not regulated.

Second, we face some serious environmental threats to our and our progeny's collective and future well-being that simply cannot be countered without collective power, coalitions, etc. Which is how governments, orgs, corporations rise in apart. However, as we have seen, all of these can be abused. That does NOT, however, take away the fact that localities and individuals do not have the ability to handle some larger issues.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join