It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulitzer Winning Reporter Slams White House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OUTRAGEOUS! THIS affects all of humanity across the planet.Can't believe what I just read. If this is what it's come to, why should we honor ANY social contract the gov't prescribes; they can't even honor the basic one that matters the most - the Constitution. America's government has gone rogue and that reality will affect us all, like it or not. Anyone else here fed up with the status quo? Personally I will never vote Republican or Democrat ever again, and call myself a Libertarian, because I believe in the non-aggression principle, virtue ethics, and the right to own your own body and the products of your labor. What fascist scumabgs our government have deteriorated into!

Link

Seriously, why should I honor people who make no sense and expect me to like living in a violent society based of fear and coercion? Furthermore, how the HECK can our money be worth anything anymore to sane people, when everyone knows its basically blood and drug money.... I just don't get it folks.
edit on 10/7/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: edit

edit on 10/7/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: edit

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

I am with you, my ATS Brother. I love the Libertarians...more freedom, less government and no wars. That is just about the perfect platform. I can't stand Repubs or Dems.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Very good post. Sounds like the few voices of reason left in media are trying to get the message out to the mainstream.

Kind of like how Naomi Wolf is getting dragged through the mud recently for being a conspiracy theorist.

m.dailylife.com.au... ml

It's getting pretty clear we are well well onto the road to fascism. That's impossible though right?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What the US citizenry really needs is a force capable of deconstructing and reforming the entire US government and the agencies that make up the core of their agenda.

The White House and Pentagon, and in particular rogue elements within these institutions that outlast many presidential terms are the real threat to everyone - planet wide.

Obanana and his predecessors are merely puppets, you know it and I know it...........and most likely they also know it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So much for reporting the news,

Just make it now eh.

Last time I checked we have had 6 years of 'hope, and change'.

Why the last guy needs to be brought in to current events?

Doesn't fly.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Risen should know: Obama took the extraordinary measure of renewing the George W. Bush administration’s subpoena compelling him to testify in the NSA case. That renewal has led directly to the court cases which have landed Risen in limbo between freedom and imprisonment.

Link

Because the last guy started it?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yup, nailed it.

Until:

"He urged people to read and stay informed through newspapers and television news, as apathy in a society allows the government to get away with a lot."

The MSM is the Delivery mechanism of propaganda and misinformation from the Govt. But perhaps he slipped?

Peace

S&F

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
With you 100% op on never again voting democrat or republican.

The two parties are corrupted beyond repair, I decided two years ago to forgo them and have not looked back. I vote libertarian mostly now. And would love to see some other parties join the stage.

At this point supporting dem/repub, wether you are conservative or liberal, you are a fool.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

The last guy DID NOT start it.

For your reading pleasure:

The FISA Act:

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 ("FISA" Pub.L. 95–511, 92 Stat. 1783, 50 U.S.C. ch. 36) is a United States federal law which prescribes procedures for the physical and electronic surveillance and collection of "foreign intelligence information" between "foreign powers" and "agents of foreign powers" (which may include American citizens and permanent residents suspected of espionage or terrorism).[1] The law does not apply outside the United States. It has been repeatedly amended since the September 11 attacks.

en.wikipedia.org...

Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995, US Senate bills S.390 and S.761.[1] Senator Joe Biden introduced the bill on behalf of the Clinton Administration on Feb. 10, 1995.[2][3] The bill was co sponsored by Senators Alfonse D'Amato, Dianne Feinstein, Robert J. Kerrey, Herb Kohl, Jon Kyl, Barbara A. Mikulski and Arlen Specter.[4] Representative Chuck Schumer sponsored the bill (H.R. 896) in the US House of Representatives.[3] Following closely on the heels of Executive Order 12947, prohibiting transactions with terrorists, President Clinton described the bill as a "comprehensive effort to strengthen the ability of the United States to deter terrorist acts and punish those who aid or abet any international terrorist activity in the United States" and requested "the prompt and favorable consideration of this legislative proposal by the Congress".[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Core of the patriot act was written in 1995

As to torture.

That began LONG AGO like the days of Vietnam.

Torture Is an American Value: Reality vs. the Rhetoric

CIA renditions began under Clinton: agent

The current policy traces its roots to the administration of former President Bill Clinton

www.aclu.org...

Back to current events.

So where is the outrage about the ACA ?

That is more intrusive, and more powerful than the PA.

The ACA datahub.

But,but, but the last guy 'started' it!
edit on 7-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

In this individual situation I don't see a way past understanding that the last guy did, in fact, "start it"

George W. Bush administration’s subpoena compelling him to testify in the NSA case.

Unless I've gone dyslexic and the words "George W. Bush administration's subpoena" aren't actually there, I am sure my point is valid.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

In this individual situation I don't see a way past understanding that the last guy did, in fact, "start it"

No he didn't.

Hell one could say that began at the post office when it was created.

Then after that the telephone.

Then the library.

Then when the internets was created.

Bush started nothing.

Because the government was doing what Bush is constantly demagogued for LONG before he was ever elected.

en.wikipedia.org...

1971 is an interesting year there.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Then why run to his defense if you see him as equally culpable as those before ( and implicitly ) after him? They're all crooks but I think that the evils they've heaped upon us need to be owned by each - just in case a day of reckonining ever rises.

Blue, red, or unaffiliated. Those who are guilty should be made to pay without any partisan favoritism nor nostalgia.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Because Bush isn't relevant to any current discussion.

The guy hasn't been around for 6 years.

And the current guy sitting in the oval office KNEW about it.

Campaigned on it.

Saying how it was going to 'stop'.

The last guy didn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So in your eyes there's a statute of limitations on treason or fascist intent? It's a game of hot potato where the only blame should fall upon whoever happens to be the one in office when the hammer falls?

I'm confused by this.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

What is there to be confused about?

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

What the US citizenry really needs is a force capable of deconstructing and reforming the entire US government and the agencies that make up the core of their agenda.

The White House and Pentagon, and in particular rogue elements within these institutions that outlast many presidential terms are the real threat to everyone - planet wide.

Obanana and his predecessors are merely puppets, you know it and I know it...........and most likely they also know it.

Like the internet?

link   
The Libertarians wouldn't be any better in Government than either the Republicans or Democrats. They wouldn't be any better at running anything, and because they really have no solid plan on running the country, they would actually be a lot worse.

Freedom of information, the way Libertarians want it, would only damage any country irreparably.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

So in your eyes there's a statute of limitations on treason or fascist intent? It's a game of hot potato where the only blame should fall upon whoever happens to be the one in office when the hammer falls?

I'm confused by this.

I am as well. Bush wasn't the entire problem but was DAMN STRAIGHT part of it.

Just because you THINK you are a puppet doesn't relieve you of your ACTUAL duties as LEADER OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I agree with your point that it OBVIOUSLY started before George W. Bush, but it's messed any way you look at it.

edit on 10/7/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I agree with your point that it OBVIOUSLY started before George W. Bush, but it's messed any way you look at it.

It did.

Once government takes powers it NEVER gives it up.

NEVER.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Sigh... If only it could be.

Just finished a small book of essays and this came to mind immediately. We've found evidence of large societies in the distant past that did quite well for extended periods of time without a ruling class or a standing army. Thought I'd add this little (more recent) example. At the very least, it shows that not all that we've been told are inevitable are necessarily so.

The Greatest Discovery Never Made
by Gregory Sams

If we fast forward to more recent, and recorded, history we discover that hundreds of medieval cities managed to kick out the lords or dukes or kings who taxed them, taking management into their own hands. A classic example was 14th century Florence, a city of 90,000 that was run from the bottom by so-called “peasants communes” in which the bakers, architects, jewelers, bankers, doctors and builders were not titled nobles. They all belonged to trade guilds ensuring quality and safety for their customers, and did all the things we think require top-down rulers to initiate (apart from waging war). In 1340, there were eight thousand children of both sexes in primary schools, with four universities servicing six hundred in higher education. There were thirty small hospitals with over one thousand beds in total. It worked, and perhaps it is no coincidence that Florence was the engine of the Renaissance. We are clever enough to get along together without a shepherd and sheepdogs directing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join