It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are dreams ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Denoli

I have had sp all my life and have recently had the bright flash . 2weeks later I died in my dream and my dreams have been getting more clearer which is giving me more questions , but less answers .

Bright flash? All I can say is keep walking down that tunnel
Keep walking, keep walking. More will be revealed to you in due time.

That shadow cloak guy is strange tho , but I'll just wait for the whooshing then I know the astral train his here , I'll try to walk thx

Sounds like you're on the right track.

You've seen a shadow cloak guy? DO TELL! Why are you withholding this information? Please share.

The guy who just stands there at the side of your bed , just like a cloak guy no face , no arms just see the cloak , like a shadow wearing a cloak !
That's after
1 the whooshing
2 the body tremors ( vibration )
3 then the flash , like lightening comes from every angle of the room
4 the awake with no movement and visuals of things
While all the above is happening the weight on your chest ! Even when your layed on your front the weight is still on your chest !
Pressing heavy on you !

If you have had it you can relate to everything I've just mentioned

Here he is abdulrehmankhan789.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 7-10-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

www.unexplainedaustralia.com...

Just a quick google for a vague picture of what I've had .

edit on 7-10-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't recall ever looking into a mirror, while dreaming.

I've been toying with a hypothesis regarding dreams, false memories, deja-vu, reincarnation and other yet to be explained, mental phenomena. It involves a possible unknown conduit stemming from our DNA. If physiological traits, can be passed on, why not psychological ones, as well? What if our "real" experiences were actually not our own, but belong to one of our ancestors? Or, even a known or unknown living relative? And, since some evidence alludes that time as an abstract, does not exist... And, all realities are not only possible but exist simultaneously.... Coupled with the aforementioned, it is only our predisposition to the linearity of life, coupled with our acceptance of a concrete physical world, that prevents us from experiencing them, and those of our descendants, at will.

Too much too soon?

edit on 10/7/2014 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Yes, what you are describing is categorically known as sleep paralysis (I saw you mentioned it earlier in the thread as well.)

I also experience sleep paralysis often and have at one time seen a hooded/ cloaked figure watching me in bed. Here's the kicker: I was fully awake when I spotted it.

Hooded beings seem to often appear to children and to lesser extent adults. They are most often seen during the night and usually appear to witnesses in bed (sometimes they are witnessed in dreams) or when awakened to get up to use the toilet or other night time activity.

When awakened in bed or in a dream witnesses describe the hooded figures intensely staring down at them.

Reaction to them varies from intense fear, curiosity to positive feelings. Other witnesses believe that the beings try to communicate with them thru telepathy and emotional feelings.

Some witnesses describe the experience as a dream like quasi mystical state or alternate reality whilst others believe it is a very real physical experience.

www.unexplainedaustralia.com...

(a sketch I did of what I saw.)

It is my theory that sleep paralysis is simply the first stage of an OOBE/ astral travel. Sometimes the sleep paralysis is bypassed (or just not consciously remembered.) There are methods to initiate sleep paralysis, the vibrational state, and subsequently, astral travel.

Some will call it a neurological glitch. I call it a neurological tool that the human species may one day become reacquainted with.

I believe you have definitely opened some kind of door into altered perception. What else is a dream but an experience in an altered state of consciousness? There is more than meets the eye.

edit on 7-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Denoli

Yes, what you are describing is categorically known as sleep paralysis (I saw you mentioned it earlier in the thread as well.)

I also experience sleep paralysis often and have at one time seen a hooded/ cloaked figure watching me in bed. Here's the kicker: I was fully awake when I spotted it.

It is my theory that sleep paralysis is simply the first stage of an OOBE/ astral travel. Sometimes the sleep paralysis is bypassed (or just not consciously remembered.) There are methods to initiate sleep paralysis, the vibrational state, and subsequently, astral travel.

Some will call it a neurological glitch. I call it a neurological tool that the human species may one day become reacquainted with.

Good you have it too ,
It doesn't bother me I actually enjoy it ,
I used to be able to do it when I wanted .
I can get the whoosh sound going but it just fades after a while I'm doing it now lol I'll try over the next couple of nights to tune back in .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sunday night I had a dream about a friend of mine I haven't seen or spoken to for several months. We were building a log cabin together.

The next day, out of the blue -- in a totally random area of town I was by myself having a cigarette, and he walks up! Weird.

I think dreams are sort of a sandbox to play in if so choose. If that weren't true on some level, why else would be able to control them?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

LOL...

I must say, when seeing your screen name, I was expecting a lot more from your posts in this thread...!

What do you want to know?

I don't have any concrete, cut-and-dry answers. I have a lot of subjective data and some speculative theories...same as anyone else.

Well...Since you asked...

I have an extremely vivid imagination. Bordering on the macabre, but only for it's shock value!
My dreams used to be rather benign and mundane. But then I went through a spell, where I wouldn't or couldn't recall them. Several years passed, and then I started remembering them again. They always seemed to be rather repetitive, and of those I can recall, they always placed me in the midst of some impending doom, but the bearer of this fate, was always obscured. It seems that I was always running or hiding, and I had several people with me that I felt obligated to protect, but I didn't recognize any of them.

The more current version seems to be a previous chapter of the same saga. And, in this one, I'm having an average day, when suddenly the skies darken and bombers begin to fly over from all directions. Explosions tear apart the country side, and I'm trying to hide from a bunch of faceless marauders in a pick-up truck. I find an abandoned dirt bike, and take off in the same direction as they were headed. And the dream always ends, right there.

I know this thread isn't about the meaning of dreams, but if I knew what dreams are, it might help me to understand what mine are telling me!

If you are sorry you asked, it's all good...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Great drawing narc I've seen the cloak without the face and the arms was held out ,
And a reply to mystic , like I say maybe the dreams déjà vue and reality are just different levels of reality but are connected no doubt .
Ps if anyone wants to get the ball rolling with sp find and record / download the sound of listening in a sea shell and that is the first step to the next plain

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

You'll be disappointed in my answer but..dreams are many things. It's not exclusively just one thing. The human mind is very dynamic--it's a multi-tasker.

Dreams can reflect stress in both literal and metaphorical ways. They can be for entertainment (dreams as well as nightmares.) They can be prophetic, they can be psychologically healing, and they can just be plain old gibberish.

Dreams infuse these elements to different degrees, and in different combinations, leaving the ultimate meaning for the dreamer himself/ herself to decide.

Finding the meaning is an intuitive skill, I think.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

the sound of listening in a sea shell and that is the first step to the next plain

This is actually one of the constituent sounds of OM / AUM. Some will call it tinnitus, but some of us know better

Sometimes we're "meditating" and don't even know it. Well, dang, maybe we're actually doing something in those 8 hours of 'wasted sleep time.'

As you begin to meditate regularly, and as you attain deeper states of meditation, the 'om' sound can become so loud and intense that it drowns out everything else with its vibration and energy.

The current of sound experienced...is different for each person, depending on their degree of inner attunement. It may be perceived as a buzzing or ringing, a clear ringing tone, a loud roar, or the peaceful sound of waves rippling along the shore.

www.buzzle.com...

Okay! I got a chance to detail my theories. I'll let someone else have the floor. Sorry for hijacking the thread

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Calalini

Fascinating! I too have been able to do lucid dreaming, although I usually get so excited about it that i wake myself up before really getting through the dream....I do agree there is a sense of normalness yet things seem so much sharper, in tune.....there are times I can't wait for a good night when I'm not too tired or achy...knowing this could be a good night to step through the looking glass again

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

a few ?'s about your encounter...How tall was it? Did it have smoke coming from the edges. What did it try communicating? I have encountered an entity that was kind of hovering over me that was all black and I was under "sleep paralysis". Except I floated out of my body and was trying to get help in the other room out of my body. That tripped me out big time. I personally believe dreams are you travelling to the astral or ethreal realm of consciousness, where thoughts are manifested as tangible objects in our dream. Kind of like we are all the architect from inception.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join