It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are dreams ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Simple question , why do we dream ? Why are they so real ? Are they real ?

I'm 100 % there real but in what dimension ? or is our dreams reality and we're awake? or it's a matrix ?or are we just someone's latest release on a games console , are we in a intergalactic zoo ?

We do it 33% if our life and we have no real clue , do you ?
edit on 7-10-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Get a book called The Art of Dreaming....I loved it and it helped me control my dreams.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

I'm 100 % there real but in what dimension ? or is our dreams reality and we're awake? or it's a matrix ?or are we just someone's latest release on a games console , are we in a intergalactic zoo ?

Yes to all.

I have a theory that when we sleep we get a peek at the coding of reality. We're learning how this software works bit-by-bit, lesson-by-lesson. We are learning the creative principle behind the program so that we may someday run it ourselves. I've peeked a few times myself and this is what I'm led to believe.

Just a theory though

And don't forget you die from extended REM deprivation

edit on 7-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Dont know what they are but it seems they are essential for a healthy mind.

Cant remember what docu it was but in it they showed research done on depriving people of dreams. They came to the conclusion that the research should never be repeated because those who took part became suicidal!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Very often I'll have a dream where something random happens to me. It'll be small, maybe a surprise visit, getting news from someone. And then sometimes it'll be lifechanging. Moving to a new place, a new relationship, a death, etc.

And the day I wake up after having that dream, the event happens to me, like in the dream.

Don't call me psychic because I don't think I am. It's been happening since I was 10 or so. They come in dreams, not visions or voices. So to me it isn't necessarily psychic dreams but sensing occurrences before they happen.

For instance. In the house I grew up in, I dreamed that I was rushing out of another home. The front door was bright red, grey stone floor, with a concrete stoop.

Random right?

A few years later I moved into a home with a bright red door, grey stone floor and a concrete stoop. Coincidental? Probably.

Or I dreamed I was in an ambulance and it was moving down the street. Rainy, at night, the amber colored streetlights were hazy. I saw an old woman in bed, smiling and she extended her arm towards a man with his back turned to my pov, she smiled and grabbed his hand. That was the end of the dream.

Wake up, my mother told me her aunt died the night before. It rained throughout the entire Tri-State area and just like in the dream, she reached out and took her son's hand (my mother's cousin) then died.

I'm not the only one who has these. Again I don't call them psychic I think it's just my mind picking up on events that will happen. But the variety of them, from small to large happenings always made me curious. Why not just major events? Why even little ones?

Sorry for being OT but now you have me thinking OP. S + F

Maybe they're hallucinations? The way the mind works out subconscious problems? Dream dictionaries mention symbolism and you might notice the things you dream of pertain to real life problems, albeit in a symbolic manner.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Dreams happen when the natural connectors in the brain cool down and rest. Much like a computer defragmenting to allow more disk space and a speedier use, dreams are the expiration of recent memories burnt into specific connectors & (diode-like molecules) as they are flushed out of the brain, resulting in a stew of brain exercises without logical form flowing out that tube into erasure. All dreams are made of what has been already loaded into the brain through experience. (EXAMPLE: I walked across the stone structure then flew straight up and landed in the tree EXPLAINATION: You already know how to walk (babies dream of crawling), You already know what stones are and have touched them, You have seen birds fly or have ridden in an airplane yourself, You definitely already know what trees are and have most likely climbed one yourself) During sleep when the brain has cooled to the right level to flush out the system, thousands of these dream sequences happen per second. In that moment you are awakening with that final dream that you remember (that 80% of the time you will forget in less than 2 minutes), That final dream happened in the final seconds before you awoke although the dream itself you remember to be longer than 10 minutes. That's the great mystery of dreaming. Time seems to be malleable.

I don't know the processes that explain precognition or deja vu. Yet.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have had sp all my life and have recently had the bright flash . 2weeks later I died in my dream and my dreams have been getting more clearer which is giving me more questions , but less answers .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We eat food and excrete (urine and feces) what we don't use or need.

We breathe air and exhale what we don't need or use.

We take in sensory information and we dream what we don't need or use.

It's all crap.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
All mammals experience REM sleep. Isn't it interesting that prey and predator alike will spend a large portion of it's life every day or night laying down and being, in many cases, completely vulnerable?

Being able to go lucid, I have observed, as many others have, that the dream world, while lucid, is so vividly realistic that it's shocking. Listening to sounds carefully, while dreaming consciously, I am never less amazed by how ultra-realistic they 'sound'. There is no difference between real life, and in fact, dreaming consciously has a quality that is even more realistic than real life at times, and really can fool you into falling back into the dream.

Whatever is going on, and I humbly have no satisfactory ideas myself, it is just downright weird. If you've never gone lucid, start learning. It's truly like having a magical power. Flying is the nuts.

When they figure out dreaming, they will possibly be able to prove or disprove the mystic (IMHO).

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So dreams are really just a result of editing software that's happening while we're asleep ? That projects something that's never happened ?

That's just not what I had in mind .
Pun not intended .

I also believe déjà vue and dreams are related in some way .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Close your eyes and use the back of your eyelids as a movie screen. If you are in the correct state of mind for a good day dream you will understand better.

As hard as you try to imagine nothing, there are still thoughts running through your mind. Picture your body as parts of a whole that all bottleneck into a conduit of bandwidth. When we are awake, we are using energy for our five senses, organ functions and processing what we directly see.

While sleeping, we use far less bandwidth than when we are awake. Dreams are an internal representation of our external senses. Once the D M T starts flowing, you're locked in.

Try an isolation tank. Look for the people who enjoy what they offer and not some hack trying to make a quick buck. Let your mind wander and you will see that dreams are nothing than something your body can accomplish when you're awake. But without the added chemical of D M T during sleep, one cannot achieve the full effect.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick replies ,
I believe to go beyond the realms of sleep and reality , it's something your born with and can't be taught and the more you try to go to it the further away you get , best things come to those who wait I guess ?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I don't think they are real. Just chemical reactions and your thoughts and memories going wild. It is amazing how vivid and realistic they can be, however.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well it's 10 past midnight here in Yorkshire uk so it's time to do something we all know that we do, and don't know what for , sleep time !

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I have had sp all my life and have recently had the bright flash . 2weeks later I died in my dream and my dreams have been getting more clearer which is giving me more questions , but less answers .

Bright flash? All I can say is keep walking down that tunnel
Keep walking, keep walking. More will be revealed to you in due time.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

That shadow cloak guy is strange tho , but I'll just wait for the whooshing then I know the astral train his here , I'll try to walk thx

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

LOL...

I must say, when seeing your screen name, I was expecting a lot more from your posts in this thread...!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

LOL...

I must say, when seeing your screen name, I was expecting a lot more from your posts in this thread...!

What do you want to know?

I don't have any concrete, cut-and-dry answers. I have a lot of subjective data and some speculative theories...same as anyone else.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

That shadow cloak guy is strange tho , but I'll just wait for the whooshing then I know the astral train his here , I'll try to walk thx

Sounds like you're on the right track.

You've seen a shadow cloak guy? DO TELL! Why are you withholding this information? Please share.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
How do you explain sexual dreams? Is it your mind trying to tell you something or teach you something? Or is it some Freudian mechanism occurring here? Or am I the only person who has had this kind of dream?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join