It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Man 4

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Robert Downey Jr was asked on "Ellen" if there was going to be an Iron Man 4. He said, "I know there's going to be more Marvel movies, and they have big ideas of how to do it best," the actor said in a typically vague sort of way before adding, "We're in the middle of negotiations, blah blah blah." He was pressed by Ellen for a confirmation, and he replied, "Okay, yes."

After Iron Man 3, do we need an Iron Man 4? Or should be give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I for one am excited. I love RDJ as Iron Man.
edit on 7-10-2014 by ScribbledOnANotePad24 because: Started a new thread and I must have pushed the wrong button.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
lol, nothing here?

ah there it is, most excited about batmanvsuperman and deadpool
edit on 7-10-2014 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ScribbledOnANotePad24

The last one was garbage.
I will not see another unless it is him in another avengers movie.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Ironman 3 was pure garbage but ironically was the biggest money maker of all 3 movies. In fact, if I remember right, it's the highest grossing Marvel movie second only to the Avengers. Since my memory is foggy it could have very well been the highest grossing film. This was all before the lastest Xmen move came out.

So with that, it is a huge money maker so I'm sure they're gonna keep riding that money train. Plus Robert has to be Ironman for all the Avenger movies.

en.wikipedia.org...

ron Man 3 grossed $409 million in North America and $806.4 million in other countries for a worldwide total of $1.2 billion. Worldwide, it is the sixth highest-grossing film, the second highest-grossing 2013 film, the second-highest-grossing film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (behind Marvel's The Avengers),[140] the highest-grossing film of the Iron Man film series,[141] the third-highest-grossing film distributed by Disney and the highest-grossing threequel.[142] It achieved the sixth-largest worldwide opening weekend with $372.5 million.[143] On the weekend of May 3–5, 2013, the film set a record for the largest worldwide weekend in IMAX with $28.6 million.[144] On its 23rd day in theaters, Iron Man 3 became the sixth Disney film and the 16th film overall to reach $1 billion.[145] It is the first Iron Man film to gross over $1 billion, the second Marvel film to do so after The Avengers,[39] and the fourth-fastest film to reach the milestone. As part of the earlier distribution agreement made with Disney in 2010, Paramount Pictures received 9% of the box office gross generated by Iron Man 3.[146]

God that's amazing to me.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just in case anyone is still undecided on what to do for Halloween...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
No. Please. Stick with being the spice in the Avengers. Not a douche movie.....again.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am looking forward to seeing, the vision in avengers.

And on that note, man of steel ... I love it, would want to see more on that note.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I hear chatter that the Avengers and the Guardians are scheduled to meet.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There is no one better to play Tony Stark than Robert Downey Jr.

If you know anything about the comics, the animated series, and news paper strips, Tony Stark and RDJ are essentially the same person. It's why the role seems to be so natural for him.

RDJ is Iron Man. No other person could possibly fill that role as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Please, no to Iron Man 4. The last one was just horrible.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Dr. Strange. I would also love, love, love to see the Silver Surfer (done right - no Fantastic Four b/s) in his own movie. Marvel has so many interesting characters...why keep making sequels? (Oh yeah, because they make $$).

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I would love for a new Ironman as soon as possible.
I just saw the avengers, and it was pretty great too.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I liked all 3 Iron Man movies.

Liked The Avengers too.

Granted the last one could have been better, but all movies can be better.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
With DC haing unveiled their plans for their plans through 2020, or so. I imagine that Marvel now has the upper hand in marketing and will be able to position their release schedules more strategically.

The one downfall that Marvel is fighting is that they sold off several of their properties to other entities - thus we won't see Wolerine running in to save Iron Man orin a crucial scene or any of the X-men for that matter. Hell we won't even get to see Wolvie fighting the Hulk - which is where it all began for him. Sad really.

Having said that, Iron Man has turned out to be the Marvel antidote for the success of Batman - and I would imagine that we'll be seeing Marvel movies that include Iron Man being released close to periods when anything including Batman is. On this front Marvel has the upper hand, at least for now, since there aren't too many people eager to see Affleck in the Batsuit and the Superman series is still stuck in the Superman curse.

Marvel is also doing a much better job of digging deep into the roster and bringing out films based upon second tier or hardly known characters. Guardians of the Galaxy can easily cross over into the Avengers in a fight with Thanos for example.

ETA: Lost my initial thought... I think that Downey will stop being Iron Man about the time that DC reboots Batman again - which should be sometime around 2020.
edit on 10/26/14 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Marvel has RDJ...'nuff said.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I am sick of Batman.

Hell 6 films from the late 90s with everyone from Keaton to Clooney playing him

Then the 'The Dark Knight' Trilogy.

Hell never got in to comics all that much when I was younger, but there has got to be some other super hero's.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Affleck is set to play Batman in at least three movies - possibly four - with possible cameos in others. Then, when DC finishes up their Justice League trilogy they are going to reboot Batman. The word is they want a campier Batman and Robin the next time around - more like the TV show.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Hope they are better than Daredevil was.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Daredevil wasn't that bad! OK it was horrible - but not as horrible as Clooney in a nippled Batsuit. LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Daredevil wasn't that bad! OK it was horrible - but not as horrible as Clooney in a nippled Batsuit. LOL

Your right Electra was worse.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Hefficide

Your right Electra was worse.

Not even as bad as Catwoman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join