It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey trying to goad the West into attacking Assad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Hanslune

As a fellow member of NATO and the 8th strongest military, and lets not forget they are host to approx. 60-80 nuclear weapons for the US. Turkey has been licking their chops as this whole thing has progressed....

And its just not Turkey that wants Assad out. Pretty much every country does...

Except of course Iran who see him as a Shia ally against the Sunni and a pathway for support to their Hezbollah allies.

You are correct there. However, Iran has no clout in the ME, and they , as well as everyone else pretty much knows that them or Pakistan will be the next dominoes to fall.

Actually they do have clout; they support Assad, Hezbollah and to a much lesser amount Hamas, they also have their hands in the Yemeni revolts; where ever their are Shia in conflict with Sunnis they are there.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I thought the plan was to rehabilitate Assad?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Hanslune

Wait are you saying we occupied Jordan, SA, Bahrain and Egypt ----- and no one noticed this?
We have airbases, troops and ports in over 150 countries. Thats occupation. Invasion too I guess. Oh they say it was necessary and we were invited and all. How many foreign armies build bases on American soil?

I also know that many more operations such as guerrilla movements and clandestine operations that train fighters and move arms around are not counted (publicly).

If asked the US government will deny everything. Check it out for yourself.

So basically you admit you were wrong. I agree you were.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
(..) Upto 15,000 US troops are on their way to Iraq to fight ISIS. Many will come back in bags and others in bandages, badly crippled etc.

You know what? I Bet it will not happen, cause ISIS a creation of US/Turkey/Israel/Saudi Arabia will mingle with US troops and no one will really fight or die. It will be just an illusion for the TV. It will make Houdini look an amateur.

like in the Bush "good" old days..

source

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Hanslune

Wait are you saying we occupied Jordan, SA, Bahrain and Egypt ----- and no one noticed this?
We have airbases, troops and ports in over 150 countries. Thats occupation. Invasion too I guess. Oh they say it was necessary and we were invited and all. How many foreign armies build bases on American soil?

I also know that many more operations such as guerrilla movements and clandestine operations that train fighters and move arms around are not counted (publicly).

If asked the US government will deny everything. Check it out for yourself.

So basically you admit you were wrong. I agree you were.

Your reply to me…

You see what you want to see. Thats right I am "wrong' the US doesn't occupy the Middle East. Geez Hanslune, for someone so informed when it comes to archeology, you are somewhat behind on current events.

Further: Wait, you're right. We don't invade most of the countries there. We just fly over them and drop bombs and Hell fire missiles from drones. We get other proxies to do our dirty work. No boots of ours on ground, just bombs.
edit on 8-10-2014 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

About the "Real Reason" to INVADE and Bomb Syria (cause Iraq is already on the pocket):

Take a look to «The (failed) project» of the "ISLAMIC Pipeline" vs the ARABIC Pipeline (from US allies)

source

You can "recover" the story and the fake chemical attacks from this little thread:
Why Syria? An Examination of the Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Thanks for the links. Yah, oil. Its not the regions bumper crop of Brussels Sprouts, huh?

One reason we know its oil is they never mention it in the main stream. Just "terror-ism". Regardless of who's arming who and how many airstrikes or nations we take down there, the oil continues to flow.

The crown jewels are inviolable. Shows who's really running things. Big Oil.

The Crown Jewels

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

As a fellow member of NATO and the 8th strongest military, and lets not forget they are host to approx. 60-80 nuclear weapons for the US. Turkey has been licking their chops as this whole thing has progressed....

And its just not Turkey that wants Assad out. Pretty much every country does...

Ah yes the same countries that wanted Gaddafi gone to? and left Libya into Rein and Chaos? yeah how lovely bunch and Democratic they surely are.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

NATO had the UN mandate to act in Libya.

NATO oh they did had the UN mandate to act in Libya But failed to implied it. As they weren't just shooting or dropping targets on Gaddafi forces, they were basically acting as an military mercenary force to the rebels whom were also a band group of mercenary fighters.

The UN mandate in Libya was to protect civilians from being targeted it didn't ask for an military intervention bombardment now did it? no.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Turkey can go suck it! They are looking like wussys here, everyone is blaming them for not stopping ISIS. Turkey told us to go shove it on Iraq and everything else lately so ISIS can run into Turkey and cause them hell for all I care. Turkey doesn't give two craps about anyone but themselves. Pretty pathetic from a NATO nation these days, especially when you have no troops anywhere else in the world. Turkey wants to be everyone's friend when they need something but good luck if you need anything. They will be the little runt saying "what about me" when the crap really hits the fan, NATO or not, they should be left on their own to defend themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

If Assad goes out, who goes in?

The supposed 'Free Syrian Army', or the group with tanks, anti-aircraft weapons, artillery and brutal merciless soldiers, i.e. ISIS?

I wonder if Ergodan wants ISIS to win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join