It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: NYPD Officer Hits Unarmed Teen in the Face With His Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The NYPD is at it again this time punching and bashing an unarmed 16 year old in the face with his gun. This is a 16 year old kid who at first ran but is seen on the video just stopping and raising his hands to surrender when the cop approaches him and just bashes him with his gun.

After the suspect falls the officer continues to punch him. Another example of police brutality.

I cant find the video to link so you will have to watch it at the link
www.dnainfo.com...

BROOKLYN — Two NYPD officers are under criminal investigation after punching and using a gun to bash a 16-year-old suspect in the face despite the teen raising his hands to surrender, according to a video obtained by DNAinfo New York.

The surveillance footage obtained exclusively by “On The Inside" shows the two officers catch up to marijuana suspect Kahreem Tribble after a brief chase in Bedford-Stuyvesant.

As the teen stops running, one officer throws a punch at his face. Then, as the suspect raises his hands, the other officer hits him with his gun.

I do want to post this video from a couple years ago to show anyone why you don't hit someone in the face with your gun. What a dumb a$$ cop.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is like that cop in Pgh that beat the lesbian teen. He got off on charges though.. They said something that he didn't do anything wrong.. expect the same here..

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

1200lbs combined between 3 cops.

They were angry they had to run.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
all this for a marijuana "suspect"?

i said it before and i'll say it again. police here in NYC are out of control.

lets see what their punishment winds up being, if they do in face receive one...
edit on 7-10-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Omg what did i just watch!?!?

These cops need to be in jail during this investigation, and the third cop that just stood around needs to fired as well, he just stood around and let this kid continued to get beat for 0 reason.
This was just a beating plain and simple. From the first punch thrown and then they just kept taking jabs at him the whole time.
And then they hit him with the bag at the end?!
These guys are pigs and I don't use that term often.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Oh man, this was priceless, glad someone said something

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That's disturbing, but perhaps there is some hope in this case that the officers will be held accountable.

olice Commissioner William Bratton has seen the video and was angered and embarrassed by it, a source said.

“Clearly, Commissioner Bratton has seen the video and reacted very aggressively in the sense of saying there have to be consequences when anything is done the wrong way," said Mayor Bill de Blasio on Tuesday. He said he hadn't personally seen the footage, but was told what it showed.

“I see these videos as another piece of information that we need to use to improve the relationship between police and community and in many cases to heal the relationship between police and community.”

Sources say officials were particularly concerned about Afanador using his gun on the teen because it could have accidentally fired — injuring or killing him, another officer or an innocent bystander.

Afanador has been suspended without pay. Isaac was placed on modified duty, stripped of his badge and gun.

Both officers have been on the force for nine years and now face possible criminal charges and dismissal, sources say.

Mastoros, also a nine-year veteran, could face a departmental charge for failing to stop his colleagues, sources say. He is not part of the criminal probe.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Glad one is not getting paid but Isaac is getting off to easy, as well as Mastoros. Joe Public would get charged for just standing around if it could be proved they were an associate of the person doing the beating.
IDC that the other officer got stripped of his badge and gun and is riding a desk, he is still getting paid.
He was just as bad as the other officer, he threw the first punch and continued to take pop shots the whole time.
And if they are under criminal investigation, why do they not get jailed like every citizen that breaks the law.
If I have to go to jail and sit in a cell for 12 hours before I can bail out, so should they.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Idk why I find this hilarious... pistol schmack at its best

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I agree completely, but I am just glad that there is some sort of action taking place and you have the Commissioner and the Mayor publicly stating that this was extreme.

It's a start and perhaps a case such as this sets a precedent for later cases.

One thing I have never understood, though. Why do we not have independent investigations in to these cases, instead of "internal investigations" done by the police department itself?

Of course they are going to protect their brother....it's self-preservation.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I reckon them cops beat him in the first video all because he made them run!!

They are too overweight to be cops, all three of them obese.

The poor lad only made them break a sweat and they got angry.

Jude beat me to it!
edit on 10-7-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Im just waiting for all the ATSers who are going to try and pass this thread off as another cop bashing thread.

This is disgusting and all three of those officers should have charges filed against them.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Gotta love the officer in the second video whose weapon discharges. I see the money spent on training him was well spent.

Had he shot himself the kid would probably have been imprisoned for shooting a police officer.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

1200lbs combined between 3 cops.

They were angry they had to run.

Peace

My first thought too. Disgusting display (the hitting not the running-OK both).

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"The video speaks for itself, doesn’t it?" Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth Thompson said Wednesday about a brief video recording that led to two New York Police Department cops being charged in connection to the pistol-whipping assault of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy. The boy, who was arrested for marijuana possession, ended up with broken teeth and bruises.

The officers charged in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Wednesday are David Afanador, 33, and Tyrane Isaac, 36, both nine-year veterans

The cops' attorney, Stephen Worth, said there's more to the tape than meets the eye. "We’ve tried these cases in front of juries and we won these case in front of juries and I expect this to happen here as well," the New York Daily News quoted him as saying.

Link

Of coarse they will get off, he wasn't the son of the mayor or police commissioner.

top topics

join