It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Vs. Government: Texas Textbooks & Atheist Airmen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Today on #OffTheGrid, I throw down the gauntlet between two mighty foes: God and the United States Government! Who will prove to be more powerful when Texas attempts to rewrite history, and an atheist airman wants to join the U.S. Air Force without pledging to a higher power.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Watching it now, keep it up!

Oh yeah, the Texas schoolbook editing has always bothered me...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Is the pen mighter than sword.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i have not yet seen god declare war against the al qaeda for what happened on 9/11.

that tells me who is more powerful.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is very interesting, a good question actually, Who is more powerful God or Government, it depends from behind one is ruling.

Government is the one calling shots around since I can remember.

Now as for God it seems that the only power it holds is the one that the believers and Government quota allow it to have.

But when it comes to public opinion and whatever power that opinion holds I will say that Texas self-righteous crap, is to take over what more than our dumb children this days get to learn.

I always said that is not God behind the power is the human power behind God.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i find it hilarious how little attention this thread has gotten. clearly no one wants to touch this box of grenades. nice try jesse but no cigar. :/

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Jesse…

We already covered the madness of Texas textbooks classifying Moses as a founding father and removing actual founding fathers of the United States, over two weeks ago:
Next Level BS #6: Global Warming, SWAT Raid over Tweets, Texas School Textbooks, and more…

edit on 8-10-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Idk man, The actual God thing kind of scary, I've heard stories of God destroying stuff, or even God sending Satan, his soul Sheppard dog destroying stuff. And usually the moral of the story is love God, even if he destroyed your civilization.

Anyways, sounds like Christianity become somewhat Islamic in it own way down there. Certain sects of Muslums actually believe their religions is older then Christianity, let alone Judaism. And to think, they are using one Juda's main plot figures, and the one who said to be responsible for writing the brutal Old T, which I find humorous since Christians probably think Jesus is superior, even though he'd probably follow that old book to a T.

Anyways, since the Big M is a the new George washington, I'd be careful about being dishonest and lying. There were three things on the ten commandments list that talked about being dishonest and a liar liar pant on fire. Three strikes rule...
edit on 8-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"God" and the US government are only abstract ideas. Its kind of ironic that people fight over which idea (any idea) they would rather be a slave to, rather than recognize they are just ideas, and that ultimately a being is their own master, responsible for their own choices and actions.

And which idea will usually win out in a person or groups mind? The idea that grants them to least personal responsibility for their actions, of course.

edit on 10/8/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
two mighty foes????....god is mythical, the US government is real....please, all of you religious whackjobs...MAN thought up god, MAN wrote the bible,....and those men that did this back some 2000 years ago, also believed the world was flat, and earthquakes were caused by evil....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't think you're ever going to become president having a go at religious folks in America.

On another note, I'm not sure you can ask religious organizations not to take part in politics at all. Public charities and other non-profits are allowed to influence politics in various ways under the internal revenue code. Besides that, the very nature of some church activities means the discussing of matters that can refer to public policy and thus endorse a candidate.

It may not be direct donations etc ... but church members, pastors, and all the rest will exercise their right to an opinion in public forum and the like and I'm not sure it's reasonable to prevent that.

Perhaps I'm extrapolating your point from the sound bite, or maybe you just think churches should pay taxes in general? Or maybe you've comfortable with the internal revenue code? It's not 100% clear really.

Edit: Also totally taking credit for your website going down. Pinke post powah!
edit on 8-10-2014 by Pinke because: Edit

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Ridiculous.

I have an old friend from the Lone Star State who was in the Coast Guard. Registered his affiliation as "Satanist" at the time of his enlistment with no issues whatsoever. He's returned to being Catholic, but still....one's spiritual/religious life (or lack thereof) isn't any of their business if one is capable and able to perform the duties set upon them.

Shame on Texas in this instance.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

I'm not sure you can ask religious organizations not to take part in politics at all.

If they want to keep their tax free status they have to stay out of politics.

Public charities and other non-profits are allowed to influence politics in various ways under the internal revenue code.

Yes but they are not a religion.

Perhaps I'm extrapolating your point from the sound bite, or maybe you just think churches should pay taxes in general?

Yes some churches should pay taxes. When you have the pastors of the mega churches living in mansions and driving expensive cars then it's obvious that the money isn't going to charity like it's supposed to so why shouldn't they be taxed on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

That's great to see. I'm glad others are covering these topics as well. It's important to get as much attention as possible on these kinds of things.

new topics

top topics

join