It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Homeless Vet Gets A Life Changing Makeover. And The End Result Is Just Incredible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The below video brought a smile in my face and also a sadness in my heart for how some people suffer in this world even though when deserve to be honored and respected.

Where is the government who used him ?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The above is not a new video and has been circulating for more then a year. I did search ATS and I couldn't find any previous thread with the same subject. If yes then I do apologize in advance

From homeless man to city slicker... to jail: Army veteran who underwent incredible transformation in timelapse video is jailed for trespassing at a Burger King

A homeless Army veteran who underwent an incredible transformation in a timelapse video that became an internet hit has been jailed for causing a disturbance in a Burger King.

Jim Wolf, a former soldier from Grand Rapids, Michigan, featured in the video, which shows stylists cutting his scraggly beard and hair and dressing him in a dapper suit, in September.

The video explained that the 54-year-old had slipped into a life of alcoholism and destitution but had 'taken control of his life' - with alcohol treatment and housing on the horizon.

But a police report now indicates that the transformation has not been as easy as it appeared for Wolf, as he was arrested at a Burger King on Sunday November 17.

He was charged with trespassing and creating a disturbance, Mlive reported, and on Monday he pleaded guilty to both charges.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

saw this awhile back and loved it...enjoyed the music so much i bought it too...

I am a disabled vet myself...very high percentage. Vets are often overlooked, but we are tested. The government fears our vets because one...they are mistreated and 2...because I some day believe they will be the one's to initiate the boot that is so drastically needed in the gov's ass. And the rest of the population will follow.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
fyi he got arrested for trespassing and has admitted to alcoholic relapse. dont judge a book by its cover. even the back cover.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well I bet prison is really going to help him

And why was in Burger king? Probably starving and hoping they might help him out with a bit of food, instead they have him arrested for trespass! What aholes!

I wouldn't eat their crap if you paid me but now I'll try even harder to convince others why they shouldn't eat fake food!

edit on 7-10-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
fyi he got arrested for trespassing and has admitted to alcoholic relapse. dont judge a book by its cover. even the back cover.

I think you looking at the issue in the wrong way (of course my opinion).

And especially being cynical in this case is a lack of humanity.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

so are we looking at the intention or the results? just because you mean the best doesnt mean you are doing the best.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Maybe I'm wrong here, but, did they just give him a haircut and a new suit then shove him out the door so they could post their video and get hits and feel all good and stuff, instead of really helping him make the changes in his life and get him on track? Did they just push him out the door after his makeover? Maybe it was sincere, I just don't know.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

They say it's been circulating the net, but I'd never seen it before-- so thanks! The gratitude in his eyes at the end brought a tear to mine.

Sorry to read that he has struggled since then. It is criminal how our military industrial complex uses and then discards people. If they bought just one less fighter jet, they could help so many veterans. So many.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What Transformation? lol. All he did was get a shave a short haircut and put a suit on him. Hes schedualed to own a house? They mean hes going on income assistance to help for rent right?

Couldn't he have done all these things by himself without requiring money from a donation fund? Most of these people have mental health issues or chronic pain which is why they don't work. So how are they expect to intergrate into society when they can't even really function in the Job setting?

is everyone prepared to pay to house people who are incapable of working? Did they help nudge him through the handicapped programe or are they expecting him to work at a low end job to meet ends meet?
Alcohol for this man is what likely put him on the street so keeping him clean is believed to be what will help him.
But the guy is suffering from PTSD most likely which is why he drinks.
This man will be behind the counter of Mc, Donalds having war flash blacks everytime he hears the fry cooker beep.

It's great that people are wanting to intergrate the homeless substance abusers into society.
But many of them were ward pacients who were released after the many mental wards closed down all over North America.

This is why the Homeless problem has increased because more people who can't handle themselves are being dumped out onto the streets.

They changed one man's like but to change all the schizophrenics and PTSD victoms among other things would be an amazing feat considering these people can't keep a regular rutine up.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

so are we looking at the intention or the results? just because you mean the best doesnt mean you are doing the best.

I'm sorry but I fail to see what is your intention in this thread. You talk about intention or the result which IMO it is totally irrelevant. Sir, this man has served his country and left in ruin. His life went downhill since he got back from the war and never recovered. He lost everything and became an homeless and alcoholic. So where was the government who used him, profited from his services then left him on the street like a dog (to the respect of dogs who now days receive a better treatment) ? You talk to me about trespassing while this man with his fighting might have as well assured your peace and made it possible for you to mumble on internet about him. Ironic, isn't it?

top topics

join