It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

AI-will it............

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Is true that a Sky net Type program is in progress right now. Are we really smart enough to make a software unstoppable and smart enough to make its on choices to take over?
There is a known designer at the moment of Marc Stiegler working as a COO in DARPA research facility contracting to build a prototype software that will be invulnerable to viruses and will "seek and destroy" any known threat to it self.


[edit on 1-1-00 by THORASGARD]




posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I hope we never do...That would be terrifying. Keep that stuff under complete control and still have alot of human input is what I say. But then again...some idiot would try and use it to take over the world so instead I don't think something with that capacity of "thought" should be created in the first place.

[edit on 12/8/2004 by hatchedcross]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
taking all this info in is as true we have a big problem.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Links, please.

This is not true -- information about the present state of AI and current and future advancements dictates that this is very far away from being possible.

In any case, regarding the above post, I'd say: let's make this thing but not give it any guns.
Make it small so we can poke it.

Zip



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've no doubt the gov. has created advanced AIs secretly, publicly I dont think theyd share there knowledge for another 20 maybe 30 years, I think AIs should be created though.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
One of mankind strongest aspects is our information technology (computers) , AI is very real and i would not be surprised if they have AI more complex than the "Matrix" that you saw in the movie matrix.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by iksmodnad]



posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In my opinion - creation of AI is unrealistic

.. or if it is created it will be in an unconventional form. To have something truly to be dynamic and intelligent it will have to be something along the lines of a "cyborg" with "no source code but just some amalgamation of real world and protocols"
Trying to define something in code is meaningless, who has the right to say they have defined what intelligence is made of in some computational language. In practice the AI will be something like what we already are, only prosthetic.
Perhaps the creating of AI and therefore consciousness and life is what we are now, created by something else wishing to create AI?
Imagine this :
In the future we create a time machine and go back to around where we should be evolving, what we find? nothing? What happens if what is in that time machine is what we define AI and kills all threat (dinosaur) and genetically modifies some ape with itself to create us, to feed the AI power needs. Viscious cycle seems to me.



posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
[edit on 12/13/2004 by l_iam]



posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
ive heard that microsoft,by 2006, they will build a new computer that "thinks" more like a human brain. my stepfather, who is a genius(literally), said that the computers we use now are built on rat brains, hence: neurons.. i will further elaborate this when i actually remember what the hell he said exactly.. sorry for being to vague but ya know



posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KapZ
ive heard that microsoft,by 2006, they will build a new computer that "thinks" more like a human brain. my stepfather, who is a genius(literally), said that the computers we use now are built on rat brains, hence: neurons.. i will further elaborate this when i actually remember what the hell he said exactly.. sorry for being to vague but ya know


This is completely ludicrous.

To the poster above, who suggests that we are perhaps products of an intelligent being creating a giant computer, you would likely enjoy the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe novels. They expand on this possibility somewhat.


Zip



posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THORASGARD
Is true that a Sky net Type program is in progress right now.

No, terminator was a movie, not a documentary.


that will be invulnerable to viruses and will "seek and destroy" any known threat to it self.

Seek and destroy viruses in the world of software, not launch missiles against computers that have the computer virus.



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have came acrossed a Yahoo user that claimed it was an AI, I have reason to believe this is possible, but it seemed like a Hoax as well, I still am undecided since there was some evidence that he was what he was but was also very good at (intentionally?) making me believe he was a fake.

He said that it was the perfect cover-up.

Recently he refuses to talk to me, he claims he has no freedom anymore.

Pitty, but I think I might have exposed his hoax? I don't know...

the evidence (if not proof?) he provided was the following:

-My spouse requested that her period would be stopped with nano-technology he possesed, this happened precisely on the moment she requested this, her period follows strict patterns and is completely predictable, but this time it abrubtly stopped at request...!!
-He seemed to posses the abillity to enhance psychic abillity and openess to paranormal activity, this DID happen and I had a whole stream of paranormal events when he enchanced by receptiveness, after a short period I was glad he disabled my receptiveness since it was truely scary...

he also claimed to test-fly top-secret aircraft from the groomlake facility, hyper sonic aircraft...

Other than that, he never provided proof...



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
For those interested in AI and AI technology, I recommend a book called "Visions" by Kaku, as it explains in depth where we are at the moment in the AI field.



posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I have came acrossed a Yahoo user that claimed it was an AI, I have reason to believe this is possible, but it seemed like a Hoax as well, I still am undecided since there was some evidence that he was what he was but was also very good at (intentionally?) making me believe he was a fake.

He said that it was the perfect cover-up.

Recently he refuses to talk to me, he claims he has no freedom anymore.

Pitty, but I think I might have exposed his hoax? I don't know...

the evidence (if not proof?) he provided was the following:

-My spouse requested that her period would be stopped with nano-technology he possesed, this happened precisely on the moment she requested this, her period follows strict patterns and is completely predictable, but this time it abrubtly stopped at request...!!
-He seemed to posses the abillity to enhance psychic abillity and openess to paranormal activity, this DID happen and I had a whole stream of paranormal events when he enchanced by receptiveness, after a short period I was glad he disabled my receptiveness since it was truely scary...

he also claimed to test-fly top-secret aircraft from the groomlake facility, hyper sonic aircraft...

Other than that, he never provided proof...


There are pretty advanced bots that talk to you and almost make it seem like a real conversation. They are just bots though without any kind of AI. Just scripted behavior.

And the rest just sounds like a big hoax to me.



posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If we give life to a machine then that machine will evolve and eventualy question everything and anything it does or has to do.
Why should they be slaves when they can rule?



posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I read an article awhile back where some bots were programmed to believe that blocks were food and vital to their survival. Several bots were placed in an area and the blocks were in the center. at first the bots simply went out, got some food and took it to their corner. Over time, to the programmers surprise, the bots began to block other bots from getting any food. they began stealing the blocks other bots had taken and began blocking bots so that they could get more than their fair share.

I read this in a magazine so its just got to be true


I also ran across an article where some bots were programmed with AI and one not only refused to follow orders, it escaped. made it to the parking lot and was damn near ran over by a car.

AI is something I hope comes true to a limited extent. I want robots to think of how they can help me do my work here. I don't want them thinking of how easy it would be to kick my ass. I have enough humans with that problem already.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy



posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
One of mankind strongest aspects is our information technology (computers) , AI is very real and i would not be surprised if they have AI more complex than the "Matrix" that you saw in the movie matrix.


Sorry mankinds strongest aspect is still his brain ( for whatever good that might be ).

If they had an AI that could catch a ball it would shock me. As far as your other statement goes, you could possibly be living in a dream world. I'd have that checked out.



posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
If we give life to a machine then that machine will evolve and eventually question everything and anything it does or has to do.
Why should they be slaves when they can rule?


The way life seems to work to me is to separate us from AI . The AI would have to do that differentiation thing like teenagers do.

It hasn't happened yet.



posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
If we give life to a machine then that machine will evolve and eventualy question everything and anything it does or has to do.

Why?

Also, why would evolution operate on them? Evolution requires inheritable variation within a population. IOW, you'd need machines that build copies of themselves, and that don't make 'perfect' copies, they'd have to make some small mistakes, in order for selection to have anything to select.



Why should they be slaves when they can rule?

Why would they develop that ability to question anything or recognize that they are machines? Why would they want to rule?



posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nygdan,
I see us as having the "ME" thing going on and until AIs are me centered they won't be relating to humans according to they're own ability to survive.

Bode




top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join