It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enterovirus D68 Bigger Threat Than Ebola, Map of Current Infections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As Ebola has the country's attention, Enterovirus D68 is taking a back seat but running full speed ahead. More cases are popping up at an alarming rate. Even though the mortality rate isn't as great as Ebola, what it does to children and families is horrible. I ran across a map for current bio threats and conditions which includes everything. I received an education about what's going on in the world that is not being shown on the 5 O'clock news.

outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com...

Real time information and conditions without agenda.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Avoiceinthewilderness

Want to add that here??

Not ebola, but welcoming into the thread! The more awareness of these crazy viruses for everyone, the better!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/7/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm worried about it to be honest. I live with my gf's family and her 16 year old sister is sick as a dog. Needless to say I feel like I'm in the hot zone. Don't know what it is, don't want to take a chance.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
it spread to 30 states in 3 weeks. in oklahoma here where i live it has shutdown 2 schools. the problem is that an "enterovirus" is not on the list of diseases that schools must report to the department of health (in my state). the state has asked for schools to voluntarily report this particular one to the DOH but theres nothing stopping all the preppy private schools from withholding that info to protect their image.

i think there was a local news report in colorodo saying that it only seemed to be affecting vaccinated children (probably due to lowered immune system response).

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's not taking much of a back seat in the rural area where I live; a little two year old boy died from it this weekend.

SARS was bad......but this is even worse.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That is the most awesome map I've seen. I'm with you. I think the EV-D68 (enterovirus) is of far greater danger than Ebola in the US.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
With the fast spread of this disease what really rots my socks is the total lack of coverage from MSM on this, the olny thing they're screamming is EBOLA! EBOLA! yet this is killing and crippling hundreds already. What is CNN thinking! this should be top story.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was just doing some digging on this yesterday.
Just the fact that is has spread to over 40 states, in what, less than two months?
Now 4 children that have had it, have died, Although the CDC is saying that "other" factors may have led to those deaths.

And it is affecting those most precious. Children.

Very scary indeed.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There's any vaccine/medicine against Enterovirus?

US isn't prepared enough to battle against an Ebola and this Enterovirus epidemic...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Holy Crap! I was reading this and Ebola Patient just arrived in Orlando airport!!! FML it's here.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The enterovirus is awfully scary! I have two asthmatics & another child w/laryngomalacia.

I'm praying no one gets it!

All these nasty diseases - its a wonder I leave my house.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I didn't know it existed.
Now I have another website to monitor.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yuuma

US isn't prepared enough to battle against an Ebola and this Enterovirus epidemic...

Polio is an enterovirus. Non polio acute flaccid paralysis is thriving in countries where polio has been wiped out. I.e. India, Pakistan etc. I'd like to know how many of these children have received vaccines and how many?

Whooping cough is a perfect example of vaccine failure. There are more and more whooping cough outbreaks among vaccinated children because the vaccine lacks the necessary antigens found in the wild type strains/bacteria. And there are several other bacterial strains of pertussis that causes disease in kids for which there is no vaccine. One being parapertussis. Vaccinated kids with the pertussis vaccine are 40 times more likely to contract parapertussis. I don't have the actual statistic but I'm sure anyone can find it with a quick google search.

There is a toxin released by the pertussis bacteria called adenylate cyclase toxin. This is THE toxin that attaches to the cilia in the lungs and causes whooping cough. It is NOT in the dTap vaccine. Hence why the vaccine really does nothing to protect against whooping cough. Vaccine immunity IS NOT the same as naturally acquired immunity. They have not figured out how to put this toxin ACT) into the vaccine as an antigen. Hence why unvaccinated kids are better able to fight off naturally acquired pertussis compared to vaccinated kids. Especially upon re-exposure. Vaccinated kids only show antibodies against pertussis toxin, pertactin etc.

My guess is children's immune systems are so messed up with vaccines add to the fact that mothers are only passing on vaccine induced antibodies which are very different than naturally acquired and we will have more of these outbreaks and less robust immune systems among future generations.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Your information can open a can of worms on whether this is all purposed and part of depopulation.

Have a nice day

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
They do not up play this virus because they can't make a vaccine for it. It seems to be a sales pitch game that goes on all the time. This is a bad virus, especially with kids who have asthma.

I do not like to see kids sick myself. I do not contest most vaccines, my daughter and her kids can't take flu shots, neither can I or some others I know without getting very sick, but I do know that some people do need them so I won't fight the vaccination programs. A person who does not get any reaction to the shot probably needs them.

There are some controvercial vaccines out there that have problems associated with them though. A person should have the right to deny taking a vaccine.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The virus (EV-D68), confirmed mostly in children and one adult, is an influenza-like virus common to Latin America, and according to BBC, most (more than 90 percent) of the illegal immigrant children caught trying to cross the border into the U.S. are from Latin American, specifically the countries of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador.

link

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

originally posted by: Yuuma

Polio is an enterovirus. Non polio acute flaccid paralysis is thriving in countries where polio has been wiped out. I.e. India, Pakistan etc. I'd like to know how many of these children have received vaccines and how many?

kids in colorado are ending up with weakness of limbs and paralysis linked to this virus.. polio like symptoms

A 12th case of partial paralysis in a child treated in Colorado for viral respiratory illness was confirmed Monday by the state Department of Public Health and Environment.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating a possible link between the cases and enterovirus D-68, which is suspected in a nationwide outbreak of cold-like symptoms and severe respiratory illness among children and adults.

The cases included in the CDC and health department investigation are those in which children have experienced severe, polio-like muscle weakness in one or more limbs after a fever, and who have lesions on their spinal cord.

edit on 7-10-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

Denver Post

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
The virus (EV-D68), confirmed mostly in children and one adult, is an influenza-like virus common to Latin America, and according to BBC, most (more than 90 percent) of the illegal immigrant children caught trying to cross the border into the U.S. are from Latin American, specifically the ....
link

THIS is the reason we are not hearing about it in the MSM. Ebola will be the topic, no matter how many children die of this EV-D68. To acknowledge the danger would show that this Administration's planned influx of illegals was a failure and could be a very strong argument for murder charges; manslaughter, at least.
edit on 7-10-2014 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Sorry to learn about this virus which I hadn't heard about. Its spread seems alarming yet I had not heard about it in the news, when I would have thought it would have been a top item. However, apparently four hospitals in the UK now have ebola units but where my son works fortunately it is not thought to be an immediate threat so no unit.

I am really mad about ebola because money should not be put over life - the air companies flying to Liberia and other countries with this virus should not be allowed to disembark passengers into countries not yet infected. I am also amazexd that the air crews are not refusing - with good reason - to fly to thee countries and have infected people on their planes as they are dicing with their lives.

I did wonder when I looked at the two priests coming back to Europe whether it was the wisest act and in the interest of the millions that could be infected - now I know it wasn't as the nurse has caught it - so we don't know enough about this disease to simply be so gung-ho about bringing infected people back. I don't mean to be heartless or lacking in compassion but the decision to only allow WH or military planes to deal with trips to infected countries would be a far fairer and better plan than we seem to have at the moment - too much profit to be lost if we don't fly - "You can't take ya profit with ya greedy guts".
edit on 8-10-2014 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join