It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting timing on this patent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Forgot to add date info, lol:

Publication number - US20140271347 A1
Publication type - Application
Application number - US 13/843,389
Publication date - Sep 18, 2014
Filing date - Mar 15, 2013

This what caught my eye though:

In some embodiments, the decontamination system may include one or more sensors capable of detecting presence of certain contaminants. This detection may be performed automatically, for example, after activating the system. The sensors may be configured to identify particular strains of the flu, the Ebola virus, tuberculosis, hemorrhagic fever, and/or any other contagion. Furthermore, an operator or other systems may supplement information about people previously present in the aircraft compartment (e.g., passengers), prior uses and/or locations of the aircraft, identify generalized symptoms of common infectious diseases without identifying a particular strain, and other like information. For example, the presence of an elevated body temperature, coughing, sweating, and other symptoms may indicate the presence of an infectious disease and may be supplied to the decontamination system for analysis.

High temperature decontamination of aircraft compartments
US 20140271347 A1

Take a look at the assignee: The Boeing Company

Make of it what you will.

I say get this thing in use right now sniffing Ebola out so we can kill it with fire.

edit on 7-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: doh

edit on 7-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Excellent find, bump.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Hopefully the fire comes AFTER the sick people leave.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They have had these sniffers for years.

They are starting to use them in Research.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This could actually be beneficial to stopping the spread of viruses like Ebola. I mean if you could identify that someone was contagious just by quickly scanning them, you can see the upsides when it comes to the spread of diseases. Of course anything can be misused, and this technology has many possible implications. But it is not the technology itself that is the problem, but the people who misuse it.

The big problems start coming in when we start restricting the rights of people because the scanner shows they are sick. So against their will they are locked up. I think most people would agree with this decision, but then what if it turns out they weren't sick? I foresee all kinds of potential occurrences.
edit on 10/7/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join