It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Better Bomb Barrier....brought to you by Texas A&M....now that will ruin your day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So....stops the car bomb and kills the bomber...I like this one.

That is a 15,000 lb truck travelling at 50MPH.....nearly cuts it in half.
edit on 10/7/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now....who wants to begin building the truck that can defeat this? All it needs is a kinetic energy released catapult truck bed to launch the bomb using the force of the impact.....I mean technically the suicide part is taken care of by the barrier and the bomb still makes it closer to the intended target right?

Now they have something else to figure out.....

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Is there a link for this?
I guess I am not understanding why they wouldn't just go around this "pipe" thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That's the thing about security. No matter what safeguards you have, flaws will be found and they will be used to undermine the entire system.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Im2keul

I guess I am not understanding why they wouldn't just go around this "pipe" thing.

Link.....Link

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is the barrier blast proof, or is it an anti truck barrier?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a couple of corrections :

1 - that's a vehicle barrier - not a bomb barrier

2 - any talk of " its easy to defeat " is actually meaningless mental masturbation - as its designed to be only one part of a multi - layer defence

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thank you, I get it now.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's a freakin' pipe in the road. I'm sure it took a large crew of Aggies many years to come up with that one.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Im2keul

Well I think that they would probably have many of these, lined side by side. Living in College Station I am trying to figure out where they perform these tests, and whether I could go there and check them out. I do know where a lot of the university's property is on the outskirts of town, but I thought most of it was used for other stuff. That barrier is incredibly strong if it can literally cut through an engine block, and all of the other metal in the way, including the shell and underlying structure of the vehicle. I imagine they are embedded into the ground quite deeply, but there has to be something special about the internal structure for them to stand up under such impact forces.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If they could make them pop up by remote control, then maybe they'd work. Otherwise, I see those fools driving around it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah, this is very dissapointing. I thought it might be hydraulic and popped up if a car tried to get past a check point but its nothing other than a barrier. They have them here made out of concrete to stop the gypsies destroying Englaish land as they do. They also have them to stop ram raids.

Whats the point of the post?

Might as well say you like moats around castles, stops invaders and they drown. Hardly worth a thread, unless all you want to see is a fangled crash test dummy thingy.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Remember the first Indiana Jones movies? The scene where the Nazi truck lurched up into the air and fell on its side?

They used a buried plunger type of ram that was triggered to jump up and flip the truck. It was (or could be) totally hidden from view. The ram itself was triggered with an explosive charge, as I recall it.

edit on 7-10-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
Exactly!

What's in the video is just a permanent barrier. Hell, they could've just put up a stone wall like the state road uses and probably gotten better results.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think your all missing the point..

put thousands of these side by side around an important facility in a large circular perimeter

truck and car bombs cant jump them.
truck and car bombs cant drive through them.
if someone tries, the angle and height looks like it would instantly kill the driver - likely the one who would detonate

simple, yet effective!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
just a beefed up version of these, it's really nothing new.

new topics

top topics

join