It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Project Gemini UFO Sightings - Stunning Astronaut UFO Black Knight Satellite Account

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol talk about bs

We all know what he was talking about and why he changed his story once he got debreifed

let me help u

Bogey:
(military slang) An unidentified aircraft, especially as observed as a spot on a radar screen, and often suspected to be hostile. (Also sometimes used as a synonym forbandit - an enemy aircraft)

But he ment debris? Yea..ok...

From here

That is just a terrible excuse for a trained astronaut
edit on am1020143110America/ChicagoWed, 08 Oct 2014 10:02:32 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Here's the actual transcript. Not your truncated version.

Sorry about that...I simply transcribed from the video.

Your version puts things in perspective...if indeed it is the entire transcription. I'm too lazy too check, so I'll take your word on that.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
not a good day for Phage.. I dont see the Black Knight anywhere. One and done CGI

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Fascinating Video. Thanks for post OP.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Fascinating Video.

Thanks for posting OP

Oops posted twice, sorry.

Rebel 5

edit on 8-10-2014 by rebelv because: Double post

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
Waiting for Jim...surely...he ought to explain away. It's satelites...the end.

I thought during The Gemini Missions there were
only a small number of man made satellites in orbit,
and none that were in a polar orbit; anyway the point
is, Houston certainly knew the exact position of all
man made satellites at any given moment during the
missions and it just seems to me, and I could be wrong,
Mission Control would have Identified them as known
satellites if that's what they were.

Just my two cents

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't think we'll ever get a straight answer about UFOs from the government or military, so long as their authority can serve them in some capacity. Even though I think many of these UFO reports are hoaxes or simply untrue for one reason or another, I do believe a sizeable chunk are the real deal. Unfortunately, it's the prerogative of the government to deny, confuse and ridicule, all the while keeping anything with meat on its bones classified or destroyed. Fortunately, there're few enough genuine encounters with otherwordly or 'unconventional' flying objects that the job is achievable. If there were too many instances of these things, they'd have no chance to keep the illusion of authority alive, and so the whole house of cards would be coming down.

I personally think people have two opinions. The first they express openly in response to peer pressure. This is the one which denies any possibility of there being anything otherwordly or dramatically unconventional. This is the one you want your kids or your boss to know about. Then there's the second opinion, the one you only have when you're alone or with a very close circle of friends. Here people will speculate about maybe some UFOs being alien. They'll also doubt the explanations given to them by military and civilian experts. They keep their voices low to not attract attention.

If people are asked anonymously about UFOs they'll more than likely answer honestly and we'll get something like "80% of people think some UFOs might be alien or secret earthly military technology." But if you ask these same people, and their boss and family and government representatives are seated nearby, you'll get "97% of people think exotic explanations for UFOs are unnecessary, and, in fact, can be best explained as misidentifications of conventional phenomena." People protect their income and reptuation first.

Now I realize by stating this opinion I'm drawing a line in the sand and am, very succinctly, stepping outside the boundaries of science by having an opinion which is not empirical. For my opinion to be empirical, I would have to produce such a quantity or quality of evidence that any question about the existence or non-existence of aliens or exotic military technology would be unneeded.

It's very possibly 50 or 300 years from now humanity will look back upon our time and find zero evidence for exotic UFO explanations. They may very well conclude it was the result of mass hysteria or psychological conditioning driven by a deeply mythological past. They might, in hindsight, know there're no aliens to watch us or no such evidences of exotic military technologies. Using the present day as example, we very much know there're no leprechauns or goblins or demons or unicorns in recorded past. Because of this knowledge, we can conclude past peoples were delusional, or psychologically predisposed to believe in these things, despite the ongoing persistant lack of solid supporting evidence.

I might possibly be one of those persons psychologicaly predisposed to believing in fantastic mythological conceptions. This is not at all much different from when they saw martian cities and river canals on Mars. Back when what we could discern of Mars was too blurry or distorted to be sure, but was enough to fire our imagination and fears. A lot like kids hearing bumps in the night.
edit on 8-10-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Have to agree with the mighty one. Does not even sound anything like the black knight. Sounds like tube ufo but not black night.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
There are quite a lot of factors going on.

To the comment about how youtube is an outlet for truth

In reality, American political figures are trying to undermine the Internets ability to spread truth and logic in response to how terrorist groups use it to spread propaganda. That and Capitalism tries to turn anything into profit, regardless of its larger use to spread knowledge and to provide a solid outlet and foundation to bring equality to all (Because deeply down, we know that the American system is a cabal of religious zealots who have gotten their positions because of their opinions and friends and associates who've already built up their networks that protect them because these networks are also deeply embedded into the media and other controlling bodies).

So with all of this in mind, here are my opinions ( is the above an opinion or fact... I dunnnnoooo).

There is no doubt extraterrestrial life. I dont know if the things these astronauts are talking about are actually in fact life forms, objects controlled by lifeforms or what, but fascinating yes.

The reason our species is not entering the solar system (in mass) is because either 1) weve been warned that we are too primitive by other lifeforms, 2) our Governments know that our minds are too primitive and are afraid that we would end our species by making mistakes 3) we discovered something so grand that we have to continue to deny it until we are ready 4) All of our technological hype is indeed fictitious and there is no such thing as human intelligence (not likely) 5) our species is so dysfunctional that we just arent working hard enough to achieve a unified body that will actually push for the agenda 6) The religious elites (which in my opinion) designed religion to oppress people in order to control society and make it more predictable (to further control it) so that they can push their own agendas??

In my opinion it is probably a combination of the lot.

So... Why dont I think we have entered space?

Simply we are not ready because we are unprepared for what is out there. Look at racism in this world. We can barely hold ourelves back from negative opinions of someones skin color despite the fact that we are the same in every cellular way minus the melanin or pigmentation of the skin. What happens when we see a disgusting alien (i mean hey most aliens would probably also agree that the unique species is also ugly but its kind of like an ugly baby, you just dont say anything) and humans cant hold back their emotions and feelings because 70% of our language is body language, and we would unintentionally display it. Dont forget the fact that we are so easily corruptable. The only way that I feel our species will be ready to enter space is when we can develop a psychologically suitable society that creates confident individuals ( I think we all are confident in the face of truth rather than being surrounded by falsehoods and negative people [because we humans affect each others Psyche pretty easily by acceptance and rejection]) ( and maybe there are societies that inspire confidence and true sense of unity) but I live in the South of the U.S. and have never experienced it ( I wish I could), but American society at large is designed in materialistic ways. Think about our objectification of women, our obsession with material objects (fancy cars) - I mean hell we cant get more efficient and green vehicles because of "Popular opinion" (although I question the methods on how they poll- but deeply down I know from experience that the older generation are resistant to these ideas because they are waiting on Jesus to come back and save their souls and some have accepted that the younger generations are simply going to hell...). But Anyways... I think the the system itself has become a distraction from our own reality and why we are even here and we can never know that until we understand our existence and that includes the question of what is the solar system, and the cosmos really?

When we can eliminate the corrupted systems that control us and truly work towards a unified system that has a mission to help all human-kind.... I think we will be ready... and maybe we are, but our systems are still in place and we have man-made religions destroying each other over a deliberate plot to keep us where we are ( and in my optimistic opinion the system has been put in place as a final test to see when we will push past these minuscule differences in order to attain unity and to attain some higher sense of purpose as a species not just a single group of humans that is somewhere located on the planet, it has to be a group thing (good luck right?)). I hope that day comes in my lifetime because I cant wait to get out there and to see what the Solar system and Universe has to offer.

Until then I guess cool videos from youtube will leave me within myself to keep dreaming.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A lot of very thoughtful essays overnight.

Without trying to steer thinking in any desired direction, what I'd like to do is provide background from my own experience in the program, to allow genuinely curious people to speculate based more firmly on practical realities, not just sincere but inadequately reality-based guesses. That's why I wrote my "99 FAQs" at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

and none that were in a polar orbit;

Who originated this lie? Seriously, I want to know who told you that because I keep seeing people repeating it and I doubt you made that up on your own. Polar orbiting satellites have been around since early 1959!

1959 February 28 - . 21:49 GMT - . Launch Site: Vandenberg. Launch Complex: Vandenberg SLC1W. LV Family: Delta. Launch Vehicle: Thor Agena A. LV Configuration: Thor Agena A 163 / Agena A 1022.

Discoverer 1 - . Payload: KH-1 prototype / Agena A 1022. Mass: 618 kg (1,362 lb). Nation: USA. Agency: DARPA. Class: Surveillance. Type: Military surveillance satellite. Spacecraft: KH-1. Decay Date: 1959-03-03 . USAF Sat Cat: 13 . COSPAR: 1959-Beta-1. Apogee: 968 km (601 mi). Perigee: 163 km (101 mi). Inclination: 89.7000 deg.
Summary: First polar orbiting satellite; KH-1 prototype; did not carry camera or film capsule..

www.astronautix.com...
The very first unmanned Gemini mission was the 782nd "satellite" to orbit the earth. In any case, debris is an inevitable consequence of booster separation, of course they saw both debris and the booster. Everything from the booster separation would naturally have a low relative velocity and would be visible for quite a while until they maneuver away from it or cross into earth's shadow.
edit on 9-10-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: rebelv

and none that were in a polar orbit;

Who originated this lie? Seriously, I want to know who told you that because I keep seeing people repeating it and I doubt you made that up on your own. Polar orbiting satellites have been around since early 1959!

1959 February 28 - . 21:49 GMT - . Launch Site: Vandenberg. Launch Complex: Vandenberg SLC1W. LV Family: Delta. Launch Vehicle: Thor Agena A. LV Configuration: Thor Agena A 163 / Agena A 1022.

Discoverer 1 - . Payload: KH-1 prototype / Agena A 1022. Mass: 618 kg (1,362 lb). Nation: USA. Agency: DARPA. Class: Surveillance. Type: Military surveillance satellite. Spacecraft: KH-1. Decay Date: 1959-03-03 . USAF Sat Cat: 13 . COSPAR: 1959-Beta-1. Apogee: 968 km (601 mi). Perigee: 163 km (101 mi). Inclination: 89.7000 deg.
Summary: First polar orbiting satellite; KH-1 prototype; did not carry camera or film capsule..

www.astronautix.com...
The very first unmanned Gemini mission was the 782nd "satellite" to orbit the earth. In any case, debris is an inevitable consequence of booster separation, of course they saw both debris and the booster. Everything from the booster separation would naturally have a low relative velocity and would be visible for quite a while until they maneuver away from it or cross into earth's shadow.

Admittedly I wasn't sure, that's why I said "I thought", and I think
I saw it in a video or misunderstood it, anyway thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity, do you know approximately how many made
satellites were up during the Gemini years, because I have no
idea.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
am i the only one putting two and two together?

transscript taken for Jims site here

Spacecraft: Said we have a bogey at 10 o'clock high.

Capcom: Roger, Gemini 7, is that the booster or is that an actual sighting?

Spacecraft: We have several, looks like debris up here. Actual sighting.

Capcom: You have any more information? Estimate distance and speed?

Spacecraft: We also have the booster in sight.

Capcom: Understand you also have the booster in sight. Roger.

Spacecraft: Yeah, have a very, very many -- look like hundreds of little particles banked on the left out about 3 to 4 miles.

Capcom: Understand you have many small particles going by on the left. At what distance?

Spacecraft: Oh, about -- it looks like a path to the vehicle at 90 degrees.

now here we have 3 different objects being talked about
1.the bogey
2.the boost
3.the particles/debris

we know the bogey is

"bogey,' which is an old fighter pilot term.
-Borman

a term that means

7.(military slang) An unidentified aircraft, especially as observed as a spot on a radar screen, and often suspected to be hostile. (Also sometimes used as a synonym for bandit - an enemy aircraft)

from here
how do we know there were three objects?
because Capcom asks

Capcom: Were these particles in addition to the booster and the bogey at 10 o'clock?

Spacecraft: Roger

so we arnt talking about the booster or the particles

which makes this

"Right after we got into orbit we were supposed to "station keep' or fly formation with the booster," Borman says. "We were flying formation and taking photographs and infrared measurements and I started calling it a "bogey,

an utter lie seeing as how he differentiated between bogey and booster here

Capcom: Were these particles in addition to the booster and the bogey at 10 o'clock?

so why change the story if he had nothing to hide?

just wow

eta:a reply to: rebelv

dont be fooled by 782 number the earth is 196.9 million sq miles

or , to put it in perspective, when the Gemini 7 mission was launched there was aprox

1 satellite for every 251,790 sq miles of earth

not exactly bumping into each other huh...
edit on pm1020143110America/ChicagoThu, 09 Oct 2014 22:32:24 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: jonnywhite

Jim Oberg has commented about Gordon Cooper's claims and has essentially made him out to be either some kind of liar or just someone with bad memory.

Well, we do need an explanation of McDonald's very different version.

James McDonald, the most respected pro-UFO scientist of the 1960s, investigated the Edwards case and reported on it to a congressional committee in 1968. I'd be interested in your assessment of why McDonald's version differs so substantially from Cooper's, try it, please.

The witnesses, and two AF officers who wrote up the report for Blue Book [where it can be found to this day], also report that Cooper wasn't involved, they didn't even know he'd been on base then, they realized after he was selected by NASA.

I'd be interested in explanations for this.

My interest lingers.

It's case 41 on page 75 of files.ncas.org...

In passing, note case 24 from the USSR, one McDonald stated had no prosaic explanation, when what he should have said was "I can't find a prosaic explanation" -- a big difference, since I later found the explanation for those observations and MUFON published it in 1983.
edit on 10-10-2014 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Have you done your research or is this simply an "off the cuff" remark? Can you prove, give good arguements for, and/or produce documents showing that indeed they are simply space debris, etc?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is nothing new, I've heard this "I've got a bogey at 10 o'clock high" many times. What will impress me is if someone can actually build a microsatellite, get it into orbit, and then using your own antennas and processing equipment detect anamalous objects in the earth's atmosphere. Special care must be taken so that the all sorts of government agencies don't somehow hack in your satellite and manipulate the data and/or satellite. Now, that would be something.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

dont be fooled by 782 number the earth is 196.9 million sq miles

or , to put it in perspective, when the Gemini 7 mission was launched there was aprox

1 satellite for every 251,790 sq miles of earth

not exactly bumping into each other huh...

As is often the case in life, your logic is betrayed by your unconscious assumptions, in this case, that satellites are randomly distributed -- and not moving.

Please read the report I linked earlier,
www.jamesoberg.com...
about the actual Gemini-7 mission and the rendezvous exercise that was going on at the time these comments were made.

There is a lot of information there about the close-in multiple objects, from booster to booster debris to hundreds of snowflakes spewed out.

The fact that the comments occurred while the crew was deliberately staying close to other objects is something, you may notice, that ALL the UFO versions concealed from you. In order to find an ET interpretation plausible, you had to be kept ignorant of what the crew was actually doing.

Why are you being such an obstinate accessory-after-the-fact to your own defrauding?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
This is nothing new, I've heard this "I've got a bogey at 10 o'clock high" many times. What will impress me is if someone can actually build a microsatellite, get it into orbit, and then using your own antennas and processing equipment detect anamalous objects in the earth's atmosphere. Special care must be taken so that the all sorts of government agencies don't somehow hack in your satellite and manipulate the data and/or satellite. Now, that would be something.

Robert Bigelow has already done that, he mounted external cameras on his two inflatable test satellites, launched them from a Russian ICBM base in Siberia [I was there, standing next to him, for the second one], and had his control center in Las Vegas monitor the skies [been inside it, too].

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

right lets try again

Borman obviously states in an interview after the fact that the Bogey was the booster

Right after we got into orbit we were supposed to "station keep' or fly formation with the booster," Borman says. "We were flying formation and taking photographs and infrared measurements and I started calling it(the booster) a "bogey,

but in the trans script he states the bogey and the booster are separate

those two statements are mutually exclusive

explain

the eta was not to be taken literally just to illustrate the point that 782 satellites isnt as many as some would like to make it considering the 782 number is false anyways

timeline of artificial satellites

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: JimOberg

right lets try again

Borman obviously states in an interview after the fact that the Bogey was the booster

Right after we got into orbit we were supposed to "station keep' or fly formation with the booster," Borman says. "We were flying formation and taking photographs and infrared measurements and I started calling it(the booster) a "bogey,

but in the trans script he states the bogey and the booster are separate

those two statements are mutually exclusive

explain

When in doubt, ask the on-scene witness to clarify -- good rule?

My experience is that it's hard to tell from transcripts about how much is heard at each end, how much is misunderstood in replies. Transcription rarely expresses pauses, mumbles, and the assumptions in the minds at both ends. For examples of that see the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal pages where crewmen years later have to explain why they said such-and-such and what they really meant. You're not reading from a prepared script, it's a real-time not-always-accurately-heard attempt by somebody who wasn't there to guess the words others spoke, not always clearly.

The guy who was there is the ultimate source of what was meant.

Did you read my Gemini-7 report and was it helpful?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join