It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis As Addictive As Heroin, Major New Study Finds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

and the fact that you are still here... managing to create fully functioning sentences..

thank you Akragon sometimes i look at what i penned and think is that swahili i was thinking in as do a few people here

You stopped using it... well mmmmhhh i just do not do it very often but i like my lazy sundays

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Immune

You hit the nail on the head actually...

Heroin addicts want to get off the stuff, but can't...

I would bet that anyone you've seen that is "addicted" to weed was forced to see you from family and friends because they thought the person using weed is a problem... when it actually wasn't...

Seen it all before... huge difference

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

and the fact that you are still here... managing to create fully functioning sentences..

thank you Akragon sometimes i look at what i penned and think is that swahili i was thinking in as do a few people here

You stopped using it... well mmmmhhh i just do not do it very often but i like my lazy sundays

lol...

Well... obviously it completely ruined your life....

Let me ask... Do you have a job? A family?

Friends? Money? A car?

Like I said previously.... IF you substituted Heroin with weed when you were younger... You likely would not have anything you have now.... but you'd have friends, that are also addicted to heroin...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101
Like many said already the addiction is mental not physical.If you have a weak mind,the withdrawal may be harder than usual.As someone who smokes for meditation on a everyday basis,I have quit cold turkey more times than I can count and although sometimes with not a single side effect,I admit that other times I have struggled with insomnia the first couple days(I usually smoke,I-ditate,and sleep)
But saying it is as addictive as heroin is simply pure disonformation pushed by big pharma much like the ads from back in the days saying maryjane will make you murder your parents......

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Its usually either family, probation, parole, some other legal entity but i am seeing an increase of employers through IEP programs who have had employees screw up at work and test positive for weed (whether high or not at the time) and sent people to treatment.

The way i define addiction is defined in the treatment world is the inability to stop using in the face of a negative consequence or to cope with life. If you cannot stop using when faced with an inability to cope with life stressors, loss of employment, threat of incarceration, risk to health or damage to family relationships you have a problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

i would not let a smack head into my life Akragon , over the years i have taken 2 people that i knew well and liked and tried to clean them up , tried being the appropriate word that crap is evil yet tobacco is 7 times more addictive than it , but they seem to want it no matter what .

i am unable to work full time due to a back injury but i still keep my hand in part time and gave away my car to a friend as it was to sore for me to drive .

i was working at a church soup kitchen earlier and you see all kinds in life there , i have a here but for the grace of a invisible man in the clouds attitude to life now , plenty friends

link   

Thank you for admitting that...

And I agree with you actually... There are many people who use it far too much

but that is also the difference between the weed user and the heroin user...

Weed can be used in moderation... and like alcohol can be used responsibly, and can be disposed of if needed...

that is not the case with Heroin users... use starts in moderation, and increases exponentially over prolonged usage...

the addiction is immediate... and does not go away even after the user manages to get away from it...

The only thing I take issue with from what you've said... is that you agree with this so called study...

That statement in the OP is just ignorant... and its a lie pure and simple

link   
I never bought into the fallacy that pot was this harmless wonder drug (probably put about by pot-smokers).

Everyone I ever knew who smoked it habitually were completely addicted to it.

Also had the worst smoker's cough, crap short-term memories, and sectionably paranoid.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

i would not let a smack head into my life Akragon , over the years i have taken 2 people that i knew well and liked and tried to clean them up , tried being the appropriate word that crap is evil yet tobacco is 7 times more addictive than it , but they seem to want it no matter what .

i am unable to work full time due to a back injury but i still keep my hand in part time and gave away my car to a friend as it was to sore for me to drive .

i was working at a church soup kitchen earlier and you see all kinds in life there , i have a here but for the grace of a invisible man in the clouds attitude to life now , plenty friends

That is actually the saddest part of heroin addiction.... there is no way out once you're in too deep...

and again, im sorry ... but nicotine is not as addictive as heroin... but both are evil

I've read that in a lot of articles about tobacco... Its just not true...

its like comparing a fishing boat with a battleship... I suppose a destroyer might be more appropriate

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

"Mr Crawley.. dun, dun, dun.." Ozzy reference. Sorry.

Like I said earlier, you may be in a bad area. It just doesn't jive with the rest of society.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Tobacco is my big big addiction nothing else bothers me in life , if you said to me no more drink ever or m/j no problem i would forget about it till a hot summers day .

but take away my smokes o god is that hard no matter what i have tried after day 5 i am going nuts people have actually begged me to start again i am that hard to live with .

smoking patch on EACH arm , roll up in one hand and a j in the other kind of guy , i kid you not

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I agree there is no such thing as moderation when it comes to heroin its all or nothing. Sadly its not because heroin is that bad, which it is but it is because the opiate addiction is full blown by the time heroin use actually starts. The rampant scripting of pain medication is what leads 99 percent of heroin users to start up in the first place.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No that's Mr Crowley. I was "Creepy Crawley" as a kid, and Mr Crowley for the last 30 years. Ho hum.

If your experience of it is different in North America, I stand corrected.

Obviously, I can only speak about the tiny circle of people I personally knew.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

AND going into the toilet after a heroin addict may be potentially fatal. Cripes, I've never been gassed like that....ever!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Got to love the constipation that come with opiate addiction huh, and the sudden release and appreciation of bowel movements once clean from that demon

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Only few drugs/meds are actually physically addictive to a point you either get sick or even die from a sudden withdrawal.

Marijuana isn't one of them, just like almost all other narcotics.

The reason for you and others not being able to quit is simple... You are weak. You either don't know that any bad habit can only be stopped by replacing it with another preferably good or healthier habit, or you fail to change your life style in a way where you do no longer need your addiction to feel happy, better, less miserable or bored.

I'd suggest you try again, or stop wasting time trying.

Edit :
Trust me I've got my share of experience, and more...
edit on 10/7/2014 by Sinter Klaas because: To add:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Tobacco is my big big addiction nothing else bothers me in life , if you said to me no more drink ever or m/j no problem i would forget about it till a hot summers day .

but take away my smokes o god is that hard no matter what i have tried after day 5 i am going nuts people have actually begged me to start again i am that hard to live with .

smoking patch on EACH arm , roll up in one hand and a j in the other kind of guy , i kid you not

I hear ya brother....

I actually just quit smoking... its been a month and a half, and I hate to say it but it wasn't that hard... sorry

But that's me, not everyone handles such things as easy... such as my mother... she quit the same time as me, but shes sucking on an Ecig all day... better then a real one but shes still addicted to the nicotine...

Now imagine the way you feel after those five days.... multiply that by 100, and add total body pains, vomiting... full body convulsions... drooling, and many many other nasty symptoms of the worse kind of withdrawl you could possibly imagine...

trust me.... when it comes to addiction.... Nicotine has got nothing on Heroin

And comparing weed's addictive properties to Heroin is a disgustingly sick joke...

edit on 7-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Withdrawal from pot = lower tolerance for the stupid bull # we're bombarded with every minute of every day, possible passive-aggressive insultings, surly facial expressions.

No treatment. Wait- One treatment!

Can't talk about it though...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm really worried about these two sweet young women, who say they need pot "always". They are obviously addicted, and since marijuana is, according to the study, as addictive as heroin, their friends and fans should hold an interference to try to talk them into some sort of facility where they can be locked in a padded room and go through the pain of marijuana withdrawal. So yes, if anyone knows anyone who knows a cousin of a friend of these two poor souls, please try to get them the help they need. Thanks, from the bottom of my bowl, ah, I mean heart.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Heroine is legal in pill form thanks to our lovely pharmaceutical companies. My aunt lost everything and had to move from a nice house near NYC to Arkansas because her husband was addicted to opiod painkillers

www.washingtonpost.com... e4-b72e-d60a9229cc10_story.html

Remember everyone legality and lethality of drugs is determined by how much a major company can control and profit from it. Weed is too easy for a regular person to grow. Painkillers are not. This painkillers are legal no matter how much death and suffering they cost.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join