It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd looking spider like thing on the moon? Excavator?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Now I don't typically subscribe to the "aliens on the moon" thing, but this one has me a bit baffled. While I am sure there is a good explanation of it, and most likely has already made the rounds here, can someone tell me what this is?

Seems it is on Google Moon as well....

edit on 10/7/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Space shuttle tether?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Now I don't typically subscribe to the "aliens on the moon" thing, but this one has me a bit baffled. While I am sure there is a good explanation of it, and most likely has already made the rounds here, can someone tell me what this is?

Seems it is on Google Moon as well....

I think the one thing that it could be is a piece of cotton wool, thread or similar caught up in the development stage in the camera, you could check that to see if the same thing appears on other pictures to confirm or eliminate that scenario.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
I thought something similar, but then Google Moon has a similar find, and both appear to be actually on the moon to me....not inside the camera. They are fairly clearly defined and I would think a thread would not be if it were in the lens or something.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is it just me or .....

Either that or a piece of crud caught during the image scanning process.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Three and a half miles long? I think I know what caused those "tracks"…Dunny Whomper

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ha..yeah I thought about that.....I would run.....very fast.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That is so fascinating... the clearer one at least. To me it looks more like one long tube coiled around, with parts obscured underneath perhaps, rather than a bunch of individual prongs put together... but that would still create more questions than answers!

Maybe even some failed human attempt to mine on the moon? Why would it have to be alien?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
That is so fascinating... the clearer one at least. To me it looks more like one long tube coiled around, with parts obscured underneath perhaps, rather than a bunch of individual prongs put together... but that would still create more questions than answers!

Maybe even some failed human attempt to mine on the moon? Why would it have to be alien?

True....I guess the more likely thing is that it is human made. Just looks alien to me. Either way, it is interesting.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
wowy, that's weird looking.

looks like a giant Ebola virus. maybe that's why "we never went back to the moon". lol

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
super intriguing post! Im not sure what that is. Its big and scary although Im not feeling the mechanical view. It looks organic to me. Nonetheless what is going on up there? And now Helium-3 is presented. Ridiculous can of worms.

edit on 7-10-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The first video provided no link or source so I discounted that one immediately. The second video I can believe because they show coords and people can go see for themselves that it is actually there.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Maybe even some failed human attempt to mine on the moon?

Technically it's on the Moon but in reality it's on the image of the Moon , there are many examples of bits of lint or dust caught on Moon images during the scanning process , here's an example.

While the image processing steps undertaken as part of this effort may have removed some of these blemish features, users should be aware that blemish features exist in many of the images
apollo.sese.asu.edu...

Here's another.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-10-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Awesome.
perhaps I need that that for my avatar picture.

if someone can prove its not a bugger on the lens it will be fantastic

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Any links to the original pictures? Or co-ordinates?

Much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

..maybe just a slow day down at moloch central?
this story has done the rounds before..
..try an internet search for the similar story but try tacking on the keyword "X-drone"

if someone can prove its not a bugger on the lens it will be fantastic

houston, we have a nosepicker
i was kinda thinkin' looks like a smooshed bug
and think we should allocate 17 trillion dollars towards several focus groups
Q) what was the last thing that went through the grasshopper's mind as it hit the windscreen?
A) his bum

edit on 7-10-2014 by UNIT76 because: did bugger = booger? ..perhaps we'll never know for sure

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Try looking at this image. These are "mysterious swirls" in the desert made by vehicles. I think we will find the coordinates for this mystery on the moon will match an Apollo landing.

Desert tracks

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
if the government is as secretive as it is as people say, then they wouldnt have left that spider thingy in there.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: UNIT76

Try looking at this image. These are "mysterious swirls" in the desert made by vehicles. I think we will find the coordinates for this mystery on the moon will match an Apollo landing.

Desert tracks

Would those swirls show up brighter on a picture though? This thing looks 3 dimensional on the surface.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Ridhya

Maybe even some failed human attempt to mine on the moon?

Technically it's on the Moon but in reality it's on the image of the Moon , there are many examples of bits of lint or dust caught on Moon images during the scanning process , here's an example.

While the image processing steps undertaken as part of this effort may have removed some of these blemish features, users should be aware that blemish features exist in many of the images
apollo.sese.asu.edu...

Here's another.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't stand the 'It's lint on the scanner' theory.

Are we not shooting digital frames through a 'clean' telescope? Because if not - we're WAY behind on technology, and should invest in some micro-fibers.

I never buy the 'lint on the camera' theory either. Coincidence - that Thousands of moon shots that show 'something' up there, are all tainted with freaking cat hair? Not a chance.

No self-respecting astronomer takes 10,000 pictures of anything with lint on his lens. Don't buy it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join