It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudley Castle Grey Lady ghost caught on camera for first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Dudley Castle Grey Lady ghost caught on camera for first time trending now.

Do the imaging guys think this is credible? i'm suspicious it been october and the fact that halloween is round the corner.

A couple from Birmingham believe they captured a chilling image of the ghost the Grey Lady who has supposedly haunted Dudley Castle for centuries.

They took the photo on August 30th in the courtyard and it was only when they were looking through the images that night that they noticed a glow coming from a window.

edit on 7-10-2014 by kountzero because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2014 by kountzero because: typos

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero

I think their camera may have gone back in time. Dude my cell phone was 8.1 megapixels back in 2010...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
All I see is a woman, no reason to call her "ghost" .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In the image that the couple took, it appears to me that the entire building is stretched horizontally when compared to the other photo at the link.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is very interesting, i read this on Facebook this morning.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm being cynical thinking the castle owners are gonna love the ghost tour bookings they will receive through this am i not?
It would be better if the original image could be got hold of. The stretching might be down to it being cropped from a panoramic shot i guess.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
just found it on huff

ghost-grey-lady-photographed-d udley-castle

sorry about the daft embed vid on there...

Not the original but seems it has been copied from one source to another, huff's is very stretched and looks pana but other pages look normal.
NY daily news has it as been taken on a galaxy note.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm skeptical (okay, cynical) because of the timing.

Neat photo though.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think if this were just a ruse to get the paying public to visit.....they would've definitely mentioned that its also a zoo.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
All I see is a woman, no reason to call her "ghost" .

Bing Bing Bing , we haz a winner.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The quality of this is really bad. I'm wondering how they even noticed the Grey Lady.

It could be a woman either dressed in costume or modern clothing, it's difficult to determine because of the poor quality.

It could also be one of those ghost apps that allow you to overlay an image of a ghost on any picture.

Or it could be an app that let's you overlay two of your own images.

Whatever it is I'm doubtful of this being an image of the Grey Lady.

Beautiful place however, I would love to visit Dudley Castle one of these days.

Here's a little info on The Grey Lady I just love ghosts and castles, there's nothing better than a haunted castle!!

Dudley Castle Ghosts
The Grey Lady
Dudley Castle is regarded as one of the most haunted castles in the World, and perhaps the most haunted in England.

There are many spirits that have been reported here throughout hundreds of years. Perhaps the most famous of all the ghosts here is that of the Grey Lady, believed to be the spirit of Dorothy Beaumont.

She lived in the castle for a time, and gave birth to a daughter there. Unfortunately the daughter died during birth, and various complications led to Dorothy’s death shortly after.

She is said to wander aimlessly around the castle and its grounds, believed to because her requests on her death bed were not granted. She asked to be buried beside her daughter and that her husband attend the funeral. Because neither occurred, Dorothy continues to be tormented to this day and therefore cannot rest.

The ghost of Dorothy can often be seen near the Castle Keep and in the pub that was named after her on the castle grounds, the Grey Lady Tavern. Since opening there have been many reports here, mostly of unexplained sounds, alarms going off in the middle of the night without explanation, and extreme drops in temperature, that’s often accompanied by a strange blue mist that floats through the bar.

edit on 9-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

top topics

join