It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Is Destroying The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

So if you focus on what might be the cause, it all of a sudden can`t be the cause anymore...?

Possible Cause

'Possible'

It's a hypothetical argument made in a blog/rant. He gave his opinion based on his bias, Which some will agree with obviously. WWIII has not happened, yet some here are ready to prosecute based on a one sided point of view while omitting other possible contributing factors in his theoretical politically charged mental masturbation.

That's a bad way to fly

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

So if you focus on what might be the cause, it all of a sudden can`t be the cause anymore...?

Possible Cause

'Possible'

It's a hypothetical argument made in a blog/rant. He gave his opinion based on his bias, Which some will agree with obviously. WWIII has not happened, yet some here are ready to prosecute based on a one sided point of view while omitting other possible contributing factors in his theoretical politically charged mental masturbation.

That's a bad way to fly

The only thing I see is a lot making every excuse to not having to point the finger at "themselves" in every way they can.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The only thing I see is a lot making every excuse to not having to point the finger at "themselves" in every way they can.

Having read quite a bit by those who have contributed thus far in this thread and by their past posts and replies elsewhere I have yet to come across anything remotely along those lines.

They're mostly rebuttals not denials, which is what a discussion is all about and should be. Dissecting and testing what has been presented. In this case, we have one persons opinion which is biased. If anything, your assertions could just as easily be directed towards the Blog's author.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Having read quite a bit by those who have contributed thus far in this thread and by their past posts and replies elsewhere I have yet to come across anything remotely along those lines.

They're mostly rebuttals not denials, which is what a discussion is all about and should be. Dissecting and testing what has been presented. In this case, we have one persons opinion which is biased. If anything, your assertions could just as easily be directed towards the Blog's author.

It so easy to point the finger towards others and to marginalize your own wrong doings so you don`t have to deal with them.

So honest question, who of the people who have been pointing to him being just ....., or it`s also other countries faults, etc. are American ?

I`m really curious about that question.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Then you need to look again and reread the thread. No one said that America hasn't had a hand in bad policies contributing to the world situation. We all said ... EVERYONE around the world has had a hand in it, and that would include America. However, the college prof blog made it sound like it was just America's fault and everyone else was just reacting to what America did. That's biased, myopic and false.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It so easy to point the finger towards others and to marginalize your own wrong doings so you don`t have to deal with them.

Mind if I use that quote when the 'I love Putin' crowd next fall all over themselves?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Then you need to look again and reread the thread. No one said that America hasn't had a hand in bad policies contributing to the world situation. We all said ... EVERYONE around the world has had a hand in it, and that would include America. However, the college prof blog made it sound like it was just America's fault and everyone else was just reacting to what America did. That's biased, myopic and false.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The whole point of the piece is Washington is doing the pushing against Russia and China and not the other way around.

So please show me where it is the other way around (not meaning the pushing backs), up until now I have seen them pushing back when pushed against them, and not being the ones who started to push.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Mind if I use that quote when the 'I love Putin' crowd next fall all over themselves?

Sure, not being a Putin fan it won`t effect me.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Success is relative and depends on the person analyzing it. Not all progressives have the same agenda and some might consider the actions taken by other progressives (or themselves) as more successful than what others may think. People also have a tendency to highlight the bad more than the good. So as someone who is opposed to the progressive agenda, you will notice the progressive agenda successes more than failures. Likewise, as a right wing person, you will notice right wing failures more than successes. It's just the human condition.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

And we are telling you that there is more at work than just America pushing towards WWIII. That's like saying that ONLY Germany was responsible for WWII.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So please show me where it is the other way around (not meaning the pushing backs), up until now I have seen them pushing back when pushed against them, and not being the ones who started to push.

Let's see... Russia is threatening Moldova for no apparent reason, it has used military force against its Chechen population twice, it took sides in the Syrian civil war before any other nation, has supported dictatorships in the Caribbean... China has been playing chicken with Japan, Korea, and Viet Nam over various unoccupied islands... Pakistan and India have been going at it without American intervention.... Yemen has a civil war going on that no-one in the United States even seems to know about....

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Let's see... Russia is threatening Moldova for no apparent reason, it has used military force against its Chechen population twice, it took sides in the Syrian civil war before any other nation, has supported dictatorships in the Caribbean... China has been playing chicken with Japan, Korea, and Viet Nam over various unoccupied islands... Pakistan and India have been going at it without American intervention.... Yemen has a civil war going on that no-one in the United States even seems to know about....

And those things are going to lead to W3 ?

Most likely they stay just regional.

Vietnam, Korea, Iraq/Iran War, etc, have also not lead to a World War so why just name some random conflicts ?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Vietnam, Korea, Iraq/Iran War, etc, have also not lead to a World War so why just name some random conflicts ?

Interesting that you brought some of THOSE very specific cases up.

You left out Soviet/Russian contributions to the fun and games played out during the Cold War and that they too had a very active part in the bloodshed while pushing their agenda.

Why not go further and mention Soviet/Russian Iron fisted approach to many of those former Soviet satellites that were previously mentioned in the Blog and why that may be something to seriously consider when discussing the situation regarding their not wanting to be part of Russian influence today?

Historical Context

edit on 7-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And we are telling you that there is more at work than just America pushing towards WWIII. That's like saying that ONLY Germany was responsible for WWII.

The West pushed Japan (sanctions) and Germany (also can be called sanctions) into war in the 30s. And we now see a replay of that towards Iran and Russia (and with Washington trying to break up the Alliance Iran-China-Russia (dangerous according to Brzezinski), China is also in the spot light)...so you`re right about the Germany analogy, but we are replaying the run up towards WWII.

And that shouldn`t that be avoided ?

Why do you think PCR mentions those things ?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

And those things are going to lead to W3 ?

Most likely they stay just regional.

That's the thing. It's easy to look back at a regional conflict and say that it only stayed regional after the fact, but while the situation is developing it is unknown what will stay regional and what will escalate. Any one of the those situations could have escalated to more serious situations if they were handled differently.

Keep in mind that nothing that America is doing or has done has led to WWIII either since we currently aren't fighting WWIII. Everything that America has done has also stayed regional as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You guys seem to miss the whole point about Washington doing the same things as it did the 30s right now !

Most people in the 30s also taught it wouldn`t lead to a new World War, 80 years later and with all the history and news at your finger tips it still isn`t any different.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The West pushed Japan (sanctions) and Germany (also can be called sanctions) into war in the 30s.

Japan invaded China in 1931 for it's own Militaristic expansionist aims, US Sanctions came much later, July 2, 1940.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The West pushed Japan (sanctions)

Only after Japan continued its war against China and several other locations in the South China sea. Why would we continue to provide items to Japan when those items are being used in a military fashion?

Japan went to war on their own accord. Only after they continued the aggression did the sanctions come. Its kind of like Russia and Ukraine.

and Germany (also can be called sanctions) into war in the 30s.

You would be wrong. Germany declared war on the US after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Hitler was not all that happy it occurred because of their alliance with Japan. A few days after Japan attacked the US, Germany declard war on the US.

Not because of US actions, but because of their treaty obligations.

Please take the time to learn history instead of just making misleading / non factual comments in an effort to support your position.

By the way you seemed to have forgotten that the US, in WWI and WWII, wanted to remain out of the conflicts. That changed not because of US actions, but because of other countries coming at the US.

And we now see a replay of that towards Iran and Russia (and with Washington trying to break up the Alliance Iran-China-Russia (dangerous according to Brzezinski), China is also in the spot light)...so you`re right about the Germany analogy, but we are replaying the run up towards WWII.

Break up an alliance? Like how Russia is breaking up Ukraine?

Double standard or not up on the facts??

edit on 7-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You guys seem to miss the whole point about Washington doing the same things as it did the 30s right now !

Most people in the 30s also taught it wouldn`t lead to a new World War, 80 years later and with all the history and news at your finger tips it still isn`t any different.

Again, the US wanted to remain out of both world wars. Europe wanted to try appeasement with Hitler. The US did not want to support Japans war in Asia.

The lesson learned from those positions -
* - Appeasement never works because instead of stopping the problem, it opens the door to further actions.
* - Hoping nations will stop invading other countries and annexing them does not work.
* - 50 million lives plus lost in WWII alone.

80 years later and people are still clueless about history.

Why in the hell would those same allied nations from the first 2 world wars go for a hat trick? they know full well that confrontation is going to be the only language to prevent a repeat of history. By the way its also the reason former SSR's sprinted to the West when Russia collapsed.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

And what happened after that ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join