It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Is Destroying The World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Isolating one group to blame over another accomplishes nothing. All groups are responsible in their own ways for the state of the world, because all groups are made up of humans who all have the same failings and attributes.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
The highlight is what is wrong with a lot of people actual learning anything (it seems to be more prone in America).

No. It's just the truth. He's far left. That's the way he is. If he were far right, I would have outed him for being far right. He's a typical far left college prof who wrote a blog blaming America for the entire worlds problems. It's exceptionally myopic and devoid of depth. As I said, the worlds problems come from basic human stupidity, and it knows no political borders. Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, etc are just as much to blame for the worlds problems as the United States. To point at the USA and say it's the source of all world destruction is pure agenda and absolute bunk.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The highlight is what is wrong with a lot of people actual learning anything (it seems to be more prone in America).

Like always referring to the Kyiv government as a "fascist junta."

Always immediately labeling things to create prejudice.

Dr. Roberts does a fair share of labeling himself. If you strip away the invective you can reduce the entire blog post to a single sentence: "There is an arms race going on because every American President since the Great George H. W. Bush has abandoned the tacit promise that NATO would disband if the Warsaw Pact disbands."

NATO has nothing to do with the arms race in Asia, from Iran to Japan. Russia, Iran, Pakistan, India, China, Both Koreas and now Japan are pursuing nuclear arms for their own reasons. If anything, American reticence to use force in North Africa and the Levant may be driving nations that have hitherto trusted in American military support to doubt our reliability, "forcing" them to develop their own defenses.

Yes, his focus is on being critical towards the US Government and its actions, but as long as he`s not working with half truths or blatant lies and sticks to the facts, it`s good to have someone who actual knows about what he`s writing about and is not all over the place with commenting about things which he hasn`t got no knowledge about...

The problem is he isn't sticking to facts, he is only voicing an opinion, and his opinion rests on the assumption that other nations have no agenda of their own and act only in response to American policy. Do you really believe that? Do you really believe that Russia seized prime real estate on the Black Sea only because of an American radar station in Poland?

...and that`s how easy it is to marginalize critics, just label them into something.

If you understand where someone is coming from, you can better understand the reasons for their opinions. You are perfectly welcome to agree with his opinions, but please do not confuse them for facts.

edit on 7-10-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Isolating one group to blame over another accomplishes nothing. All groups are responsible in their own ways for the state of the world, because all groups are made up of humans who all have the same failings and attributes.

While there is some truth there, the progressive mind-set is pretty determined and has an agenda that has been quite successful in recent years.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

As opposed to the religious right movement that is pushing to integrate religion (namely Christianity) and the government more so than it already is? Your words are empty since it would be hard to find a political movement that isn't "pretty determined" to push their agenda regardless of its consequences.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

All groups are responsible in their own ways for the state of the world, because all groups are made up of humans who all have the same failings and attributes.

There ya' go!

America isn't the cause of the destruction of the world. Some bad policies in America have contributed to the world situation ... but the same can be said of China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc. (and no, they aren't just reacting to what America does). Also, a person could easily argue that spreading 'fundamentalist religions' (like Sharia) are also a problem that is contributing to world destruction. Anything that moves humanity backwards is destructive. Basic human stupidity, which crosses all political and religious boundaries, is what is leading to world wide destruction .. not just one country.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I read the BLOG and I read up on the author. He's just a far left college prof who does a lot of writing that can be summarized as 'America = bad, everyone else = innocent'. He uses loaded language to try to pad his myopic world view. For a supposed smart guy, he isn't so smart. No world power - be it political or religious - is innocent. Washington isn't destroying the world ... basic worldwide human stupidity is.

To me, people's biases that are interfering with their usual way of reasoning out the truth, are exactly what this professor is doing. It's a disease that attacks logical deduction. IT has a need to strengthen itself so that it supports the direction bias is leaning towards, but it can't do that truthfully because the bias tells people there is no need to verify their personal or group direction, it insists by majority and popular acclimation that it must be, and is right and true. This is how I am seeing the world divided and being kept that way, is how all the propaganda to get opinions on the side of the powerful, but corrupt, are ruining the world, and it will end in a real horrific way if people don't snap out of it. Biases make it unnecessary to make sure of anything, and everyone with the same bias all give the same explanation, but sound more like parrots chatter to me nowadays..........
I'm half awake, and so I have no idea if I just dreamed all that..

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What time scale is the guy talking about? Just look at the 20th century and the world has done a pretty good job on destruction. WW1, WW2, Hitler, the Nazis, Japan in WW2, Russia and Stalin, Mao in China, North Korea, endless conflicts in Africa, Arab Israeli conflicts etc and it goes on and on. America has it's fair share of blame but to try to make out 'everything is America's fault' is a bit silly and not looking at the world as a whole in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

In the same breath the worlds overall standard of living and population has skyrocketed in the same time stamp as well.

I guess the 'World' being destroyed was possibly in reference to the one Old Joe envisioned?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

No. It's just the truth. He's far left. That's the way he is. If he were far right, I would have outed him for being far right. He's a typical far left college prof who wrote a blog blaming America for the entire worlds problems. It's exceptionally myopic and devoid of depth. As I said, the worlds problems come from basic human stupidity, and it knows no political borders. Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, etc are just as much to blame for the worlds problems as the United States. To point at the USA and say it's the source of all world destruction is pure agenda and absolute bunk.

I thought it was about US foreign policy driving the World towards W3 and not about blaming America for the entire worlds problems?

Yes you put immediately a far (right)/left label on it, that`s what I said.

How are Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, etc just as much to blame to steering towards the situation ?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Isn't that obvious? All those countries have agendas. Sometimes those agendas are in conflict with another country's agenda. When that happens, friction causes the two to breakdown. Or did you think that Israel going on and on about Iran possibly getting nukes has something to do with the US?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
What time scale is the guy talking about? Just look at the 20th century and the world has done a pretty good job on destruction. WW1, WW2, Hitler, the Nazis, Japan in WW2, Russia and Stalin, Mao in China, North Korea, endless conflicts in Africa, Arab Israeli conflicts etc and it goes on and on. America has it's fair share of blame but to try to make out 'everything is America's fault' is a bit silly and not looking at the world as a whole in my opinion.

It`s about Washington policies driving the world towards a situation in which W3 will be come inevitable in the end and not about all the other problems in the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It`s about Washington policies driving the world towards a situation in which W3 will be come inevitable in the end and not about all the other problems in the world.

Isn't that part of the problem being exposed?

Ignoring all else that is transpiring in the world that might contribute to the supposed situation and while just blaming a possible outcome on just one out of many?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You missed how I wrote "successful".

Sure, everyone has an agenda.

But who has been the most successful?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

WW3 won't happen I think that is paranoid and delusional. Nuclear powers won't go to war, the closest we've come so far is the Cuban missile crisis of 1962 in my opinion. When it came to the crunch both sides backed off.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Isn't that obvious? All those countries have agendas. Sometimes those agendas are in conflict with another country's agenda. When that happens, friction causes the two to breakdown. Or did you think that Israel going on and on about Iran possibly getting nukes has something to do with the US?

Have you guys all been reading about something else and not understood about what it was, the piece is about Washington and it`s policies which drives us towards W3. There`s nothing in it about what other things can drive us to W3. It pure about the policies of the American government which are driving us to it, that was what the analysis of him was about.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Isn't that part of the problem being exposed?

Ignoring all else that is transpiring in the world that might contribute to the supposed situation and while just blaming a possible outcome on just one out of many?

So if you focus on what might be the cause, it all of a sudden can`t be the cause anymore...?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Why isn't Bolivia or New Zealand driving the world towards World War Three? Is it because they are nicer, or because they are less influential. The United States is influential because it is the world's largest economy and needs to project power globally to defend its own interests. Europe is influential because it is the world's second largest economy and needs to project power globally to defend its own interests. China is influential because it is the world's third largest economy and is beginning to project power globally to defend its own interests.

Thus far, the three most influential economies have managed to co-exist globally without military conflict among themselves. They have achieved a balance of power, just as the Great Powers had two centuries ago.

Russia has the ninth largest economy in the world, and is struggling to extend its influence into a sphere it formerly controlled. All this is fact, not opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Have you guys all been reading about something else and not understood about what it was, the piece is about Washington and it`s policies which drives us towards W3. There`s nothing in it about what other things can drive us to W3. It pure about the policies of the American government which are driving us to it, that was what the analysis of him was about.

So if everyone just does what the United States told them, there would never be any war, right? What do you think of that idea? Or do you think war is not necessarily a bad thing after all?

edit on 7-10-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I took a few minutes to glance at different articles he has written.

He calls them "neocons" I call them "progressives" but he does have a case about the false front the US is displaying towards the world.

I don't think, however, that Washington is trying to destroy the world.

America is failing for a variety of reasons. So Washington is doing whatever it can to try and remain relevant in todays world stage.

America has become that annoying person that says "Pay attention to me!" Every chance it gets.
edit on 7-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join