It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasty: Lightning kills 11 Colombian tribe members during ritual.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Eleven members of a Colombian indigenous community have been killed by lightning during a religious ceremony in a remote, mountainous area in the north of the country. Leaders from the Wiwa ethnic group were carrying out what was described as a spiritual harmonisation ritual when they were struck. Another 15 people were injured. Survivors were rescued by the army and airlifted to hospitals in the Caribbean city of Santa Marta.

www.bbc.com...

a spiritual harmonization ritual
Their hut got hit, burned to the ground. I'm not very spiritual but I bet some people are questioning that ritual.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Maybe the ritual was not of ideal intent or it was just time for them to leave.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm pretty non religious but eleven people is a lot for any lightning strike. It's usually a one person at a time kinda thing. Perhaps the world is in such a state of disharmony that just the attempt to bring a little good mojo into the system backwashed heavily. I hope some of the religious/spirituality people show up in this thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
thatched building, yea not very surprising anyone got any pictures of the burned building? if anything is left that is.

but I'm guessing it was a pretty small pergola like structure where they were pretty grouped up so yea a lightning strike would do quite a bit of damage.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
To kill so many with one strike makes me think they were holding hands at the time or it was one huge lightning bolt.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Reminds me of the roman king Tullus Hostilius. Needless to say they must have did something wrong. Probably used the wrong color chicken.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog
Reminds me of a serious newspaper story a couple of decades ago. A lawyer, named in the stor, was fishing--surely drinking too--on a small boat in the Gulf of Mexico when a storm approached. He stands in the boat, arms up-raised and pleads for God to strike him dead if he has done wrong. "Zap," a bolt comes from the sky and he is dead.

Honestly, that story was in the Austin American-Statesman, a liberal demo paper so it must be true!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think bad guys can use different things as weapons, even lighting, storms, earthquakes and so on, maybe those men were stop by evil forces because they were doing some powerful and good things right there.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

I'd say they were successfull.

Dust to dust.

Can't get much more harmonious than losing your structural integrity, and becoming part of the wind.

edit on 7-10-2014 by Boxman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Boxman

Oh yeah why not, it could be that it was what they were trying to do and they succeeded.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sometimes the gods have a bad hair day too.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sounds like a great religion to join and promote!

Well on second thought, maybe not.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The big question is: well if Christianity is 'the one', then why are there all these other religions?

Billions of people can't be wrong, can they? Billions of people practice all kinds of religions for a reason- they get something back from said religious systems. It's true: These other than Christianity religions work... but only up to a point. That's why people practice them. But they will not work when the rubber meets the road: to give a person assurance and peace that not if, but when they die, they are assured as to where they are going. Big problem. Kind of like a lie. A lie will often 'work' for a minute. Then later it comes back to bite them in the butt.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I remember a story not so long back about a group of Muslims leaving a mosque (I think) and getting struck by lightning....pretty unfortunate, I'll Google about and see if I can find the story. Would be pretty freaky for the religious types involved.....

ETA: Didn't take long, in fact, it's right here on ATS.. Lightening kills Imam + 12, wounds 20 outside mosque after Ramadan prayer
edit on 7/10/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join